Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6094121 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23610 on: March 01, 2020, 10:23:50 pm »
Vacuuming under beds can be a nightmare, that alone would tempt me to get a roomba!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23611 on: March 02, 2020, 01:14:58 am »
We don’t have a Roomba, I use my trusty Dyson. I don’t think a Roomba would get under our bed, the space is very small.
It’s a public holiday here today. DH has taken the old Model A Ute to a car display and DD is working. So I have some ‘do what I want time.’ It will probably be housework.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23612 on: March 02, 2020, 12:19:51 pm »
Well managed CC. Do Chance and Louis get along?
Louis is still nervous of Chance even though Chance is a very well behaved dog with everyone.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23613 on: March 03, 2020, 03:17:08 am »
The Roomba is speaking to me in  Spanish.  Haven’t a clue what it is saying. Sometimes it gets stuck under the bed.  We also have a Dyson but find the Bosch better.  I broke the stick/handle on the Bosch last week.  Repaired it with Super glue and 2 icy pole sticks and some packaging tape.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23614 on: March 03, 2020, 04:15:02 am »
You can only imagine what it was saying if it was stuck Chookie LOL.  You’d better learn a bit of Spanish if you want to have a conversation with the Roomba.  Good repair on your stick vacuum.  I have the other brand and not that long ago I wrote to the manufacturer to order a new head as I broke a bit off it and the brushes wouldn’t stay in.  Amazingly they sent it to me for nothing because they said I had not asked for anything done under warranty.  I found a great U-tube lesson on how to clean all the parts myself, you would never think some of them would even come apart for cleaning so it’s quite a surprise to find out how much of a build up there is in there.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:25:13 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23615 on: March 03, 2020, 11:00:22 am »
Oh it’s been a trying week . I have held off saying anything but now I can, DH saw the orthopaedic surgeon last week . He is now going to have an ankle reconstruction . Oh my 6 weeks in plaster (first two weeks with it up doing nothing )  followed by 6 weeks in a Cam boot . DH has been so stressed in realising no farm work . Hopefully the man who started working for him will be good and stick around, mind you he will need more than one man to do everything on the farm . It’s been a testing time and so much more ahead . How can a man who works from  dawn till way after dusk stop ! It will be ok but he really did not need this . So tomorrow I will be driving DH to the Wimmera field day near Horsham, so he doesn’t inflame his foot too much .He is going to hire a scooter buggy to get around! Hopefully I can get home to book club . Life will change for awhile .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23616 on: March 03, 2020, 11:34:08 am »
Life will certainly change for you both K Atie.  It’s understandable that DH will not enjoy the next 6 weeks at all but a good side effect will be that he gets to have a long earned rest whether he thinks he needs it or not.  It will be hard not being able to help get all the farm work done but it’s best he does what he is told for those 6 weeks so that life can then return to normal.  If he doesn’t then he could undo all the good that the operation has meant to do and he may need to have more surgery with another 6 weeks off work.  I’ve had a couple of ops where I’ve had to do nothing for 6 weeks and I know it’s hard, you can see things that need to be done and anyone helping you is not doing it right or not doing everything that is needed but you need to look at the bigger picture, none of us want to do another 6 weeks.  Wishing you both all the best of luck and I hope the op is successful. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23617 on: March 03, 2020, 08:48:54 pm »
K Atie, that is bad luck.  At least it is not harvest time or shearing. Sounds like one of those mobile buggies might be a good idea after the first two weeks. It will put a lot of pressure on you.  We will be thinking of you and let off steam here if need be.
We are having a relaxing week with not much on.  Really enjoying it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23618 on: March 03, 2020, 09:51:37 pm »
I 100% agree with Judy and Chookie, K Atie, it will be hard on DH, but sometimes you just have to take the time for yourself and allow the healing to take care of everything without any added stress on the area.  May be a good time to catch up on overdue paperwork (if there is any), that always seems to get left behind everything else around the place when you are busy.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23619 on: March 04, 2020, 06:23:15 am »
KAtie your poor DH. He may find the 6 weeks a long time. Hopefully he doesn’t. Take care and teach him to iron and cook.  😀😀😀

Yesterday we had a coffee run for our Vintage car group. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23620 on: March 05, 2020, 05:42:04 am »
Well, this was going to be a relaxing week.  It want with 2 days on the phone and IPad. 
We cancelled a 5 night booking to Melbourne.  I booked a special package back in December.  Non refundable at the Sofitel.  I rang them on the off chance that I might a bit of a refund.  They said with Dr letter they would refund to whole amount.  They did just that.  Complicating factor was change of Credit Card after being Scammed. Letter from Bank and all worked out well. 
However not as easy with Cunard.  While on QE2 I booked for a similar Cruise for next year.  After the nasty bug that we both caught on the ship we decided we would cancel.  We had paid a deposit which was fully refundable.  After a 45 minute wait on the phone they said they couldn’t handle the cancellation/ refund.  I had to do it through our travel agent. The girls at Cruise Garu were wonderful.  Cunard said I hadn’t paid deposit.  Untrue.  Had to go to Bank for printed info to show they had taken the money from my account. Then they insisted paying the deposit into the cancelled Credit Card. If they do this, the money will just sit there.  So there we are, that is where 2 days have gone. 
Sorry about the long post but a couple of pointers.
1. don’t let your card be scammed.
2, don’t ever deal with Cunard direct. Their administration is hopeless.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23621 on: March 05, 2020, 08:09:25 am »
Good advice Chookie.  I totally agree that problems like this can use up precious hours and days of our lives when we have far better things to do.  Good luck with getting that refund put where you can access it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23622 on: March 05, 2020, 08:14:15 am »
What a blimey nuisance Chookie.  You would think that the would be very experienced with cancellations at the moment. I was chatting to the man over the way this morning. His wife’s best friend has just returned from some time in Bali with a nasty cold.  She rang her doctor and he said stay away and someone will come to her house today to check her.  It seems to be easily caught.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23623 on: March 05, 2020, 08:17:58 am »
That’s good to hear cookie.  When our normal flu season arrives I hope they have plenty of these people who can make home visits as anyone with flu symptoms will be making that call, wondering if they have the Corona virus.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23624 on: March 05, 2020, 07:21:56 pm »
That certainly soils Cunard's reputation, Chookie.