Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 493594 times)

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1365 on: July 21, 2013, 12:12:49 pm »
The best of luck Rob.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 22, 2013, 08:18:26 am »
So it's been 4.5 months since giving birth to my youngest daughter and I have lost 12kgs!! It has mainly been though losebabyweight shakes, Dinner Twist meals (even though it's not a weight loss thing) and trying to eat healthier and stop eating after 7pm. I have so much more energy this time and hope to lose another 5 and then plan on getting fit and toned as we enter the warmer months. Yay!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1367 on: July 22, 2013, 09:08:46 am »
That's fantastic Tasty! Well done.

I've lost 7kg altogether and about 23 cm. I'm feeling amazing, so many health conditions gone. I thought I would have to live with them forever. I can finally chuck out all that stuff from my medicine cabinet.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1368 on: July 22, 2013, 11:40:13 am »
Well done Tasty.  Doesn't it feel great. I became a life member of weight watchers on the weekend and have lost 10kg in twelve weeks. Am finished losing now - just need to maintain.

MJ I have had the same thing happening with medication.  I used to have a quick-eze every night at bedtime because of heart burn but haven't had one since starting weight watchers. Perhaps due to smaller portions??

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1369 on: July 22, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »
Wow congrats Tasty, MJ and Chelsea you all done really well.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1370 on: July 23, 2013, 07:32:44 am »
Thanks tasaris. Hope that you will see some positive results soon, too.

I've had gastric reflux all my life, even when I was really thin. I think it's due to the various supps that I'm taking. I love the Herbal tea and have about 5 cups a day. The Aloe has made a difference too, alkalising my system.
I can even have a rich Spaghetti Sauce with loads of wine and tomato and not have a single twinge anymore. Just loving Herbalife.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 23, 2013, 12:35:57 pm »
Great that you have had such a positive experience MJ.

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1372 on: July 24, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »
So, all I have done so far is drop the coke intake to 1 can per day (1 day I had two) and cut out a 4 finger Kit Kat or Twix or Maltesers per day.

2013/07/24 -- 86.6kg -- -1kg from 2013/07/18
2013/07/18 -- 87.6kg  --  +0.6Kg from 2013/07/10

Signed up to Myfitnesspal for tracking purposes, in part to swap from using WeightBot to track my weight (I signed up as duemoko not tarasis as some other pesky soul has it. WHY damnit?! Anyway if anyone want to follow me/friend me there feel free) and I'm seriously looking at getting a Fitbit One.
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 25, 2013, 12:43:22 am »
going well tarasis, I'm sure you will notice a huge difference just cutting back on the coke and chocolate. Next step will be to drop the coke to 1 can a  week  ;D

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1374 on: July 25, 2013, 08:02:44 am »
Agreed, next step is once a week, possibly via once every couple of days. Still very much craving taste / feeling from drinking it.

Need to calculate the calories in my homemade Wheaten bread.

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1375 on: July 31, 2013, 01:42:09 pm »
*grumble grumble* back to where I was, I was actually going up again (to 87.1kg) for the last few days but today it was back to where I was last week. Amusingly, though I don't believe it, if I ate what I ate the last couple of days (about 300-400 calories down) I'll apparently drop to 82.9kg in 5 weeks.

2013/07/31 -- 86.6kg -- 0kg from 2013/07/24
2013/07/24 -- 86.6kg -- -1kg from 2013/07/18
2013/07/18 -- 87.6kg  --  +0.6Kg from 2013/07/10

On the plus side I've cut out all coke in the last 3 days, no chocolate or sweets in nearly 2 weeks. I'm eating the odd McVities Ginger Nut or two every other day though that will end shortly when the packet runs out :/ (can't buy them here) I will say I'm feeling less tired though a bit headachy.

Curious to see what will happen in the next month as basically have wall to wall guests. For 3 days, my wife's parents, then 12 days of wife's parents + my mum & uncle, then 2 days break, then wife's sister & her husband and two kids. This will either be really good for my weightloss or really really bad.

Bonsai

« Reply #1376 on: July 31, 2013, 03:08:39 pm »
Tarasis hang in there. I haven't really made an effort to lose weight but found using the My Fitness Pal app helped keep track of intake quite easily. I did try the 5:2 eating pattern which worked for me and dropped my weight to the lowest it had been for some years, but fell off the wagon over Xmas. I find alcohol and drinks are a really big calories booster in an eating plan.

It is never easy to lose weight (if it was, weight watchers and Jenny Craig would go out of business). A fit bit might help as its surprising to find out how many calories are burnt by activity (less than you think 😳) compared with intake. I think that being closer to target weight is helpful, but fitness is important and remember muscle weighs more than fat!

Offline tarasis

• View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1377 on: July 31, 2013, 03:17:30 pm »
As great as the MyFitnessPal database is, it's a pain when you cook food from scratch and need to try and calculate the points.

Bonsai

« Reply #1378 on: July 31, 2013, 03:46:11 pm »
I just make educated guesses and relate whatever I've cooked from scratch to something that looks about the same in the app. Life's too short to measure everything precisely. I knew my measurements weren't completely accurate but it still gave me a useful gauge to go by.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 01, 2013, 01:17:54 am »
Fantastic effort on the coke and sweets Rob. Friends I've known have had to suffer through the soda withdrawal headaches and have said it's one of the worst feelings they have ever experienced. hang in there you are going great.