Author Topic: Big Crowd help  (Read 5544 times)

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
Big Crowd help
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:37:50 pm »
I need help everyone.
You might not know this but I am very successful Stampin'up! demonstrator and lead a big team of nearly 200 ladies. Part of my support comes in the form of monthly as well as quarterly  training days. The Quarterly ones a full day events and around 50 people attend. Ok  I am now also a demo for the Thermomix as well and I am dying to promote this wonderful machine to all those lovely ladies that need to eat and cook for their families. Our next meet is on the 16 October and I would love to serve something made in the thermomix to them at the meet, however this is where the tricky part comes in, I haven't actually got a lot of time available to me due to the tight schedule so whatever I will prepare it needs to be ultra quick, yummy, impressive and not involve a oven. any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:03:39 am by passionflower »
Visit my papercrafting blog
http://www.monicas-passions.blogspot.com

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Big Crowd help
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:23:45 am »
Sweet or savory?

for 50 ppl ?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 03:49:23 am »
A nice dip in a double or triple quantity? Would be quick and go a long way, served with some crackers or pre-baked breadsticks.
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 03:54:08 am »
Had to look up what a Stampin'up consultant was - have never heard of it before.
What about a fruity dream or sorbet - that is always impressive although noisy  :-\
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 05:20:53 am »
I would probably go for a dip, also.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 06:29:56 am »
I woukd do a few dips and bring in some home made focaccia and crackers.

Enjoy
Hally :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 06:55:22 am »
yep dip..people love them and there are a few to choose from and if you had time you could do bread or crackers as hally suggested..definately go with that route of thinking...
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 08:45:58 am »
Hmm that is not a bad idea but I wondered if I could have made a drink of some sort or maybe some chocolate ganache to be served over some fruit pieces??

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 11:47:31 am »
think drinks are a bit tricky for htat many people??? but the chocolate ganache on the fruit could be another good thing...you know your audience I guess and what would work best..

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 12:00:38 pm »
Passionflower,Are you hoping to book a few demos that day ? if you are i do not think a few dips will show off the TM. 

ciao
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 12:55:48 pm »
What about a custard of some description passionflower? If you have 2 bowls you could put another lot on whilst you are pouring the first batch in some sort of tiny throwaway container.

Your idea of a ganache to serve over fruit is a good one too because some people do have trouble melting chocolate and it would be impressive to just put it on and not have to worry about it as you do if you are making it any other way.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 02:08:28 pm »
Ok I will think about this a bit longer but basically, I will have to wash bowls if I do different dips and have a few more ingredients with me as well.
However only chocolate and cream will be needed for the ganache, I will have some marshmallows and fruit chopped up and away we go I might not even need the second bowl if I make a big batch and I can pour some out and while that gets used I can keep the rest at 37 degrees constant temp.
Hmm will ask around others and see what they come up with.
Yes i am hoping I will book some demos and even sell a few I have been talking about it on my blog and people are very curios. Talking about the blog I need to add that in my signature but I'm I allowed to do so?

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 02:14:50 pm »
Hi
IMHO , i dont hink you are going to  get any sales from doing chocoate ganache only. I dont knw how much tm is in tne uk, but for  $1939 I would want to see more even to get me to a demo with a cc or cheque book.

Dips,  bread, crackers, maybe a risotto and then chocolzte ganache woukd certainly get people interested.

Haly :)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:25:14 pm by Hally »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline passionflower

• View Profile
    • My Many Passions
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 05:29:21 pm »
Hally this is not a demonstration at all, I do not have the time for it, all these ladies are following my blog and know about what the thermie can do( I am very good at enabling), they wont even watch me doing it I just want them to know that it was made with the thermie, and trust me from someone that makes a lot of cakes and is used to making loads of ganache by hand having the thermie is incredible, especially when you taste how smooth it is made in the machine compared with making it by hand. However I appreciate you trying to guide me on the right path.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »
monica no prob adding your blog on your signature....many of us have done that...add away although most of the blogs are thermie based...what is your blog about??  :)