Author Topic: Tomato Vinaigrette dressing for Quinoa Tabouleh  (Read 24850 times)

Offline kezza

• View Profile
Tomato Vinaigrette dressing for Quinoa Tabouleh
« on: February 23, 2014, 10:23:02 am »
I tried this dressing the other night for a Quinoa Tabouleh which was quite lovely.  My tabouleh consisted of 2 cups quinoa (400g) parsley, grape tomatoes, 1/2 red onion and snow pea sprouts topping the salad.  I found this in my file of recipes that I pull out of magazines, so I think it is a Women's Weekly recipe.
Cook quinoa in TMX as per Tenina's or Alyce's directions.  I actually soaked mine one night, cooked in TMX the next night and put salad together following night. 
Place all the following ingredients in bowl and blend.
1 large (220g) tomato, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tspns sea salt flakes
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon apple juice concentrate
Just before serving, pour over tomato vinaigrette
and stir until combined.  Top with snow pea srouts.

I would reduce the salt amount first and add more if needed.  At first taste, I thought it was a little salty, but everyone's taste buds are different!  I also could not get the apple juice concentrate, so I put a little sugar in instead, as that is probably the sweetening ingredient.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Tomato Vinaigrette dressing for Quinoa Tabouleh
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 07:34:03 pm »
That looks like a really tasty combination.  Will be putting this on my 'to do' list.  Thanks for posting it.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:40:11 pm »
Kezza,  thanks,  looks lovely.  Will try. 

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:03:17 am »
Josediaz, this is as easy as.  You can do all in one day if you want.  I just wanted to get organised for a dinner party on the Friday night, so did a lot of stuff in advance.  It is really just cooking your quinoa, letting it cool, throwing in the tomatoes, onion and parsley, then whizzing all the dressing ingredients in the tmx.  Pour over dressing just before serving.  I made this again yesterday, and I only added 1 tspn of salt to dressing.  I thought that was enough.   Its just a nice light dressing.  Please give it a go and  let me know how you go.