Author Topic: Beef Enchiladas  (Read 105441 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Beef Enchiladas - With photo
« Reply #105 on: May 07, 2012, 12:54:01 am »
Halex, I found this for you on MJ's blog - excellent for those who have never made these (which includes me :-)))  Thanks MJ.  You'd have no trouble making these Halex, have a go.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2012, 03:11:23 am »
Thans superstar xx

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2012, 03:52:45 am »
It looks the same as quirky jo's, I've tried all the tips and tricks from a number of blogs and utube but I still end up with a mess and lots of very misshapen hard wraps, i know putting them straight into a plastic bag is meant to keep them soft but just never worked well for me. I managed a strike rate of about 75% with practice, but I just don't have time to make them and clean up the mess from them so have decided I'm happy to go with the preservative laden ones from the shops on the rare occassion we have them. They aren't a big favourite in our house.

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2012, 11:06:44 am »
I'm making these this week but won't have time to do my own wraps (although they are easy and I had no trouble with them the few times I've made them). I'm salivating thinking about this for dinner.
Kerryn

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 09, 2012, 12:52:30 pm »
I made this mince mixture tonight, to have tomorrow. I have a quick question, after I cooked the mince it was quite brown/burnt and stuck to the bottom of the bowl. I haven't cooked mince much in TMX yet, so wondering whether it is something that usually happens, or something I did wrong? I didn't measure my tablespoon of oil, so perhaps I didn't have enough oil in there to begin with?

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 09, 2012, 02:00:03 pm »
Bubbles this happened to me the last time I made it too.  It was the spices that had caught on the bottom of the bowl.  I think it's because I used the premium mince which has very little fat and therefore was drier.  You could certainly add more oil, or use the less lean type of mince.  I cleaned mine off easily enough with a little Jif and a scourer.  :)

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 09, 2012, 02:11:21 pm »
Ah that's probably it. Thanks heaps for your help! Yep it was pretty easy to get off. Can't wait to eat this tomorrow!!

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2012, 12:29:56 pm »
Thanks JulieO for such a fantastic recipe! They were so delicious, and so easy to make! Mexican is DH favourite meal, so he has requested them weekly! Yum Yum !!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »
I'm glad you enjoyed them Bubbles.  :D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2012, 01:34:04 pm »
Thank you for such a great recipe. They are yummy and easy to make. The homemade tortillas are so fun to make yourself and they turned out great.  So no more bought ones in our house now. Thank you and thanks thermomix. Yet another item deleted from the shopping list. Woohoo!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2012, 03:07:40 pm »
You're welcome Kimmyh, glad you enjoyed it.  :D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2012, 08:49:21 am »
The tortillas on my blog are indeed those from Quirky Jo's. Mine mostly looked like maps of Australia.
I like the idea from this blog post of putting a tea towel in a large ziplock bag and layering the tortillas on the tea towel as they're cooked.

Didn't someone do a wrap challenge on their blog where they made and ate wraps for a week?
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2012, 11:18:32 am »
My DH cooked this for dinner tonight.  It was lovely and he was very delighted with it.   
His words "bloody beautiful even if I do say so myself! Goes very well with a Millers Chill"
He is already talking about about what he'll do when he makes it again (wonder if I can get him to make the tortilla's himself next time??)

Thanks for the great recipe JulieO  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2012, 11:33:32 am »
Ha ha  :D what a treasure
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2012, 11:45:02 am »
It looks the same as quirky jo's, I've tried all the tips and tricks from a number of blogs and utube but I still end up with a mess and lots of very misshapen hard wraps, i know putting them straight into a plastic bag is meant to keep them soft but just never worked well for me. I managed a strike rate of about 75% with practice, but I just don't have time to make them and clean up the mess from them so have decided I'm happy to go with the preservative laden ones from the shops on the rare occassion we have them. They aren't a big favourite in our house.

Not sure if you're interested in a new recipe but it might work for you Wonder. It is actually for Naan bread but we use it for pizza bases, wraps etc. You must roll it thin for a 'tortilla' type wrap and it tends to puff up so you need to be ready to push it down with a spatula. They keep soft in the thermoserver while you make the remainder. Its easily adapted to the TMX. Even I can do it!  I know it's not a tortilla, but hey, whatever works!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/naan/detail.aspx