Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469812 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #285 on: May 14, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »
Hello new to the Forum and very interested in coming to the Retreat
Welcome to the forum Hough. The cut off date is Wednesday. It's going to be a fun weekend away. Send your details to Cream Puff if you think you can make it.

Hi hough. Is it hough as in huff and puff or hough as in hue?  You are  game to join the forum and sign up for a weekend  with us nutters all in one day.  Where do you live and  are you a Thermomix  lover like us?  Looking forward to meeting you.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 15, 2012, 01:23:48 am »
CP, I think the goodie bags will be a goer - please give us a list of people coming so that we know how many items to bring over.  I have chosen a South Australian icon for my contribution - do we all want to know what is in the bags or do we want some surprises?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 15, 2012, 02:42:25 am »
CP, I think the goodie bags will be a goer - please give us a list of people coming so that we know how many items to bring over.  I have chosen a South Australian icon for my contribution - do we all want to know what is in the bags or do we want some surprises?

NOOOOOOOOOO! SURPRISE!!!!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #288 on: May 15, 2012, 05:16:07 am »
Surprises please.
I will have to put my thinking cap on to come up with an idea to contribute to the goodie bag.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 15, 2012, 05:19:47 am »
if i was coming i know what i would add to the  goodie bag  :P
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 15, 2012, 05:34:59 am »
if i was coming i know what i would add to the  goodie bag  :P

And that would be?

Gert

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 15, 2012, 05:37:46 am »
Frank won't fit in the goodie bag Uni  :D
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 15, 2012, 05:42:10 am »
 :-)) :-)) ;D ;D ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 15, 2012, 05:42:22 am »
yes he would, i some times call a short black
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 15, 2012, 05:58:46 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 15, 2012, 06:00:52 am »
Surprises please.
I will have to put my thinking cap on to come up with an idea to contribute to the goodie bag.

Ok mcmich. Think small and light. Think individual packaging like a hotel soap but not that or maybe that. Think not too expensive as you will need about 30 of the thing. Think food. Think local grown.  Something like peppercorns. Anybody grow somethng like that? Honey in very small amounts in plastic? If food or plant material you may have to check this website http://www.quarantinedomestic.gov.au/destination-western-australia.html
as they have Quarantine Doggies at the gates from all inbound flights from other states. Most things are fine but best to check as I had to do.

Local crafty thingy? Kitchen tool?  Funny cookie cutter? Mold that will fit in Varoma? Something silicone?

People were asking a while ago for some muslin.  A length of muslin cut with pinking shears  and rolled. No muslin then cheesecloth. Cheesecloth diapers cut smaller. I could use that.

Oh what about a pastry/dough cutter. Small and cheap and light. You know those squarish plastic things to cut dough. Indivdual wrapped confection with Lake Mcquarie on the front? Chuppa Chop? A pen?

I am on a roll but you know the most useful thing you could bring is Paracetmol. Everyone gets a six packof drugs wrapped nicely of course.  Barrocca?

If you are crafty of know of someone who is maybe knitted nosewarmers?  Bed socks from KMart. Cheaper by the dozen.

And for the oldies some Tenas.

Well you can go from there. But you know if I had not already bought my contribution I would be looking for some muslin or cheesecloth. this would be great from making our soft cheeses. Those shops are a mystery to me but I would brave it. Do you have a Spotlight store?

Gelatin sheets would be welcome I am sure. Impossible to find here. Oh but the could be expensive. Cup cake paper thingys. so many cute ones these dasy.

You must have a $2 shop.  

Check out a Bunnings if you have one. Lots of odd small things.

Hairdresser may sell you some samples of shampoo in the squeeze packets.

I gotta stop.

Gert

Pot scrubbers? Safety pins? I can never find one when I need it.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:02:24 am by Gertbysea »

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 15, 2012, 06:19:31 am »
Lip balms, perfume samples, make up samples,
shopping lists for everyone....

:)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2012, 07:12:27 am »
Well aren't you a little genius Gert.
Here I was thinking that I couldn't promote my business - nursing.
Although we throw away scissors after a single use - I give them away all the time. Being a gynea ward we have incontinence aids for the women pre repairs. Loads of panadol (no access to the good stuff - it's all counted). Suppositories, nasal bolsters, catheter bags.
I could offer to catheterise - saves frequent trips to the bathroom when drinking. (probably inappropriate)

Thanks for the ideas Gert.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 15, 2012, 08:01:20 am »
I could offer to catheterise - saves frequent trips to the bathroom when drinking. (probably inappropriate)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D If that is setting the tone for the weekend then we are in for a mighty fine time  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 15, 2012, 08:12:12 am »

just gets better and better  ;D ;D ;D
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.