Author Topic: What made you buy your Thermomix?  (Read 60474 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What made you buy your Thermomix?
« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2009, 04:19:25 am »
Purplehat I'm pleased that the TMX is helping so much with your dietary requirements. It certainly seems to help a lot of people that way. Even those of us that don't have such strict requirements find ourselves eating even healthier than before.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline LA Mummy

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 01, 2010, 03:24:05 pm »
Cooking was usually in the 'chore and bore' category for me. I've got chronic fatigue syndrome :( and was finding it difficult to get the energy to cook, let alone the enthusiasm. Add to that 2 small offspring whose repeated choruses of 'yuck' at whatever was put in front of them and the thought of x no. of years in the kitchen made me want to stick my head in the oven. Even DH was commenting about my ever-decreasing repertoire of meals. I read about the TM first on the simple savings site then read everything else I could find on it. I had to have one! I knew it would change my life. It has.

I used to have a very 'no-recipe, stand-back-and-throw' style, which is why things never turned out the same way twice, but cooking with the TM is more like following a chemical equation, and I love it! ;D ;D Add to that 2 little boys who are excited to see what turns up next and I have to say I am beyond thrilled. :-*

Karen

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2010, 10:28:11 pm »
Nice to see the TMX has turned you into an enthusiastic cook Karen.  We may as well enjoy cooking - we have a lifetime of it ahead of us.  I overheard two elderly ladies once - one was saying she didn't know what she was going to cook for tea and was sick of trying to come up with ideas.  That is never a problem in this house - I think I will go to my grave thinking of all the things I haven't cooked  ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2010, 08:01:36 am »
That's wonderful news Karen. Your children will be cooking for you before long using the TMX. Our house is a bit like Judy's.  I have so many new recipes to try that I will need to live to 1000 at least. Gee I will be grumpy by then.  I keep all the recipes we like and then when I am lacking in inspiration I go back and do one of the favourites. I love looking through books and my million magazine cut outs to decide what we will eat for the week.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2010, 11:29:22 am »
I bought the T.M because I felt that I needed a new challenge ,  however it seems to have taken over how I view recipes and even restaurant meals.    It has opened up a whole new world of cooking.    Like Judydawn and Cookie I have hundreds of recipes I can't wait to try.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2010, 11:59:36 am »
Oh, if only we were in our thirties again Chookie and Cookie1 ;D ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2010, 12:09:02 pm »
Gosh, wouldn't we be dangerous if we were?

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2010, 12:38:53 am »
LOL - just thinking last night - why the heck didn't I buy one 5 years before I (actually MrsT) did?  So many things I'd like to try.

Hope the chronic fatigue is waning with your new enthusiasm for cooking LA Mummy  :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline LA Mummy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2010, 02:00:33 pm »
Ooh yes, I'm in lurve! Didn't think it was possible to feel this way about an appliance. I'm fairly passionate about my Dyson though :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2010, 12:19:00 am »
The Dyson is good but that's what I call work LAMummy, the TMX and cooking is fun  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2010, 03:27:44 am »
I agree - although I wouldn't be without my dyson even for a day.  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2010, 04:00:24 am »
How lucky was I. DD2 was going to get rid of hers in a garage sale for $50 then checked with me to see if I would like it first.  No charge of course. Only problem was that I had nowhere inside the house to store it so it lives out in the garage.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2010, 11:49:46 am »
LOL. Ours is currently stationed next to our toddlers highchair. It only gets put away when we have visitors at the moment. :)

Offline bartoncs

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2010, 03:14:42 am »
I first heard about the thermomix a few years ago, my auntie had been to a demo. Once I heard the price though I was very skeptical and thought it would be a big wast of money.

Fast forward a few years and at 25 I felt like I was 100, I had shocking sleep patterns, always tired and grouchy and although I wanted to get fit I could never get the motivation to exercise. After doing some research on fatigue etc I came across some info on the effects of our diet on fatigue, mood etc. I then bought a book entitled 'the 150 healthiest foods on earth by Jonny Bowden', this book changed my life and I decided to stop eating the copious amounts of c**p such as white bread and rice, sugar and junk food and actually give my body some nutrition.

At about the same time I was invited to a thermomix demo with my mum. I only saw the first half (sorbet, dip and salad) before having to shoot off for a dancing class (I had finally managed to get some exercise happening at this stage) however I was sold just on this. My Mum and I held a second demo with Dad, my boyfriend and my mums best friend and her hubby. All three couples bought one, our consultant had only been doing the job for a few months and had never sold so many at once!

The reason I actually bought the machine was I could instantly see how it could help me in my change to a healthly lifestyle. As I was now preparing fresh food rather than frozen junk I was struggling to cook and work full time and never imagined how I would cope when and if I ever had children. i could see how the thermomix could enable me to make fresh food from scratch without having to sacrifice hours of my time. The best example I can think of is butter, I make butter in 5 minutes with Thermie but would never ever use a butter churn as it would take hours and hours!

Since getting my thermo I would never ever part with it, I would have two if I could afford it. My thermomix has enabled me to eliminate just about all additives and preservatives from my diet as I make everything from scratch including butter(!), sauces, dips, yoghurt and just about anything you can buy in a jar. My boyfriend and I are now working on our veggie patch and tropical fruit garden so that I can continue to create delicious fabulous nutritious food with great ease with fresh, organic incredients.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2010, 03:19:10 am »
This is wonderful news . I am so glad it has helped you. I wish we had ours when my DH was suffering from Ross River virus, it may have helped him-even though it is a different thing. I must share the information with a friend who has had chronic fatigue for some years and really battles.