Author Topic: Recipe Review: Maple Syrup Pecan Pie p27 Whats for Dessert?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
Recipe Review: Maple Syrup Pecan Pie p27 Whats for Dessert?
« on: October 06, 2013, 04:49:26 am »
We have made this pie several times now, and it is just beautiful!  My MIL especially loves it - she lived in the US for several years (many years ago) and fell in love with Pecan Pie while over there.  She says this is the nicest one she has ever tasted.  In fact, when asked what she wanted for her birthday, she asked us to make this for her.  DH made it with no problems, even though he hasn't worked with pastry much before.  I do find though that it needs a few extra minutes of cooking, although that could be my oven.

I tried it once with imitation maple syrup, instead of using the real thing, and IMHO is wasn't anywhere near as nice.

Freezes well and reheats well too - equally delicious warm and cold.

5/5  an easy, impressive dessert.  Thanks Tenina  :-* :-* :-*

Linked - JD
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 04:53:01 am by judydawn »
Karen in Adelaide

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe Review: Maple Syrup Pecan Pie p27 Whats for Dessert?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:47:20 am »
I made this the other night to take to my brothers for dinner. I made the vanilla pastry for it as well. It was so easy to make and then it is pressed into the pie dish and frozen for 30 minutes.
The filling is made easily. I used real maple syrup and the pie tasted really beautiful.
It is quick and easy to make and very tasty. I will be making it many more times. My brother's partner remarked it was the nicest pie he had ever tasted.
5/5.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/