Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4518923 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #14790 on: April 13, 2016, 10:34:16 am »
Lots of wonderful shopping everyone LOL I love reading and seeing what you all are buying ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:21 am »
Lol Cookie, that wouldn't be the book cafe by any chance would it?

Not this time Katj. We come from South Perth, High Wycombe and myself so we meet at Carousel. We had 3 healthy meals, then went back and selected 3 delicious desserts and had a third each. Very nice.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14792 on: April 13, 2016, 09:30:47 pm »
Designed and bought a drip plumbing system for our new raised garden beds. The man at the plumbing shop was just fantastic.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: April 13, 2016, 11:12:44 pm »
Way to go Cookie, sounds like the perfect lunch.
Chookie, it's so nice to get good, helpful service these days. We always try to give good reviews where possible when we have a good experience using a service, or buying something.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14794 on: April 14, 2016, 05:49:08 am »
Kat, we try to do same. Rang Bunnings last week to tell them that one of their team gave us very good service.
Today, we had to return to plumbing shop so took sales man who was so helpful a bottle of Sweet Chilli Sauce.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: April 14, 2016, 07:40:56 am »
Chookie, it's so nice to get good, helpful service these days. We always try to give good reviews where possible when we have a good experience using a service, or buying something.
This is something I also make a point to do ... and more often than not the companies I ring to congratulate them are totally taken aback to get a happy, positive call.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #14796 on: April 17, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »
Marina, I totally agree.  I have to quickly say that this is not a complaint, when I ask to speak to the manager.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: April 19, 2016, 12:15:48 am »
I've ordered one of the Ninja Slims Maddy posted about in the pasta thread.  It was reduced to $44 so worth a try.  Hoping it will be handy for when I process small amounts of things, or making a banana smoothie that I sometimes have for breakfast.  I like how you drink out of the same cup you process it in.  Hoping it's okay, has many favourable reviews. I will report back on what I think after receiving it, it's already in the mail, can't complain on the service. 

This arrived the other day so this morning I used it for a banana smoothie for my breakfast to give it a go.  It is quite powerful and it worked a treat. 

To the banana and milk I added a little ground cinnamon and 25g of a combination of rolled oats, Allbran and a few sultanas.  Of course it's not a big test so will see how it goes when doing harder things but all the bits were ground up like they do in the TM. 

Was pleased with hardly any clean up especially being able to drink out of the cup it's processed in.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14798 on: April 19, 2016, 12:20:54 am »
My DD has 2 Julie and the grandkids make their own smoothies, they're very powerful machines.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: April 19, 2016, 02:14:40 am »
I think they would be very handy if you made lots of smoothies, or even morning ones. So quick and easy. I can imagine the GC making theirs Judy.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: April 19, 2016, 04:29:32 am »
I am tempted by these, but am concerned that it might just become another "thing" to add to my collection of "things" I have purchased but never really used.

My sister and friend both have Ninjas and love them, but my friend is finding the 'first love / honeymoon' feeling is wearing off so I am still thinking but not buying
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #14801 on: April 19, 2016, 05:14:47 am »
I agree, everyone has different requirements and is good to wait and see if it's something you think you will use.  After reading and seeing Maddy's post in the pasta thread, I waited (and thought) about it until we came home from our holiday.  Thought a bit more then thought 'why not'.  I know I got mine on special but would have paid the full price as it didn't seem that expensive to me anyway.  My thoughts were I could always pass on to my son in Adelaide if it didn't impress me as he doesn't have a TM and I know he would use it.

Anyway, time will tell, but a little earlier I used it to make dukkah for a meal I'm making.  Am amazed at one press of the button nearly 150g of nuts were pulverised.  I will learn as I go but I should have done in 2 batches as some of the ones on top weren't chopped as well as the ones on the bottom/middle.  I picked those few out and did them on their own and added back to the others. If I'd done them in 2 batches I don't think this would have happened.  This is what I wanted it for; doing small amounts of things.

The toasted spices I did in there (only 2 tbsp worth) on their own (usually would use an elec spice grinder for small amounts) and it worked just as well as the stand alone grinder.

Certainly won't get as much use as the TM I'm sure, but will be very handy for me and is another option.  So far, have used it twice but very impressed.  :D

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 05:16:35 am by JulieO »

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: April 21, 2016, 11:53:22 am »
I didn't buy it but received a Pete Evans one pot recipe book for my birthday and it looks really good. You don't have to follow his no grains idea. Also my daughter has ordered Teninas latest book for my birthday so am really looking forward to that arriving in the post as I love her books.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: April 21, 2016, 12:41:47 pm »
I'm waiting for Tenina's new book troupie. Mine is also a birthday gift.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #14804 on: April 22, 2016, 07:44:36 am »
The perfect thing to read with my foot up.