Author Topic: Hi from the Sunshine Coast  (Read 6699 times)

Offline Girlpower247

• View Profile
Re: Hi from the Sunshine Coast
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2013, 12:24:02 pm »
Hi Squeak and welcome! What an awesome Mothers Day pressie, Im sure your family will all reap the benefits from such a great gift also and I hope you enjoy your new kitchen helper :)

Offline Squeak

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 02:46:50 am »
Hello everyone,
Thanks for all the lovely welcome comments - made me feel special (already am 'cause I own a thermie hahaha)!

My sister-in-law (SIL) was over the day it arrived and after we all went out for dinner I made custard for us all.  Both her and her DH (Dear Husband) raved about the "old-fashioned, thick and yummy" custard I made  :D

I've since made Ginger Beer which went slightly wrong as I used standard filtered water not bubbly water - oops!
Lime Curd - gave a sample to another girl friend who also has a thermie but hadn't tried the recipe ps my DH thought it was yum!
Sorbet - only lemon so far, but have some lovely fresh pineapples so will do that today for dessert tonight.
Easy Chicken Curry (off here) - very yummy, DH has said it can be added on to the favourites list
Zucchini & Rice pie - made with same GF (girl friend) and it was moreish
Date & Almond Brownies - made by GF previously mentioned, and wouldn't you know that you can't taste the dates!  My DD (Dear Daughter) who's almost three just gobbled some up ... now to hide some zucchini in it!  ;)

Oh, and for tonight's dinner I'm trying to decide between the Carrot & Coriander soup or Spiced Moroccan Tomato & Lentil soup from the EDC...

Phew, that's it for now.  See you around :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 03:34:48 am »
Things are ticking along nicely for you Squeak, well done - another happy customer and forum member ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.