Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6147426 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15495 on: August 15, 2014, 02:11:31 am »
I never take my hubby shopping for food. He is hopeless. If he has eaten he has no enthusiasm for helping me decide on food for the week, "I am not hungry, how can I know what to get so we eat for the next week?"  ??? :-)) :P
And if he hasn't eaten the trolley gets filled with so much cr@p food that I'm flat out emptying it as we go while he's tossing it in!
Plus he complains loudly about the price of everything (sooooo embarrassing) and it just takes 17 times longer than it should.

He is very very good at unloading the car and putting the food on the bench and heading out to the shed.

Hugs to you Cookie - hope you can manage the pain. Take care of yourself.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15496 on: August 15, 2014, 08:30:47 am »
We had an interesting speaker at Probus this morning, a lady who set up the Ronald McDonald House here in Adelaide many years ago.  Great speaker and interesting as you'd have no idea how this organisation works if you didn't know anyone who had used the facility. She invited us to pay the house a visit one day so it will certainly be on the agenda to do so.  I went to lunch afterwards with 5 of the other ladies before visiting DH - a great day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15497 on: August 15, 2014, 08:33:01 am »
Yup that was a good day.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15498 on: August 15, 2014, 08:48:55 am »
It certainly was a great day Judy. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #15499 on: August 15, 2014, 12:37:48 pm »
Poor us. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Fortunately or unfortunately, I'm not sure which, my caught nerves make me limp. The pain is in my thigh mainly and then it goes numb. I saw it all on the scans and it was fully explained to me. I really appreciated it as I like to know what is wrong. This morning DH helped me shop. Never again, I would rather have pain in my leg. Then he dropped the bocconcinni when we were putting it away. He is not a good shopper. :-\ :-\
Take care BZB.

At least yours doesn't trolley surf down the aisles. At 40 something and 6'4" tall, it's not a good look!

Poor you cookie. Fingers crossed it settles for you. Can heat packs or ice packs offer some relief?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15500 on: August 15, 2014, 12:44:32 pm »
I'd like to witness that Kimmy LOL

My DH is a pain grocery shopping too. :-))
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #15501 on: August 15, 2014, 12:59:34 pm »
I think it's a secret conspiracy CC. If they are a pain we won't ask them to come again. Maybe they are more clever than we give them credit for??

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15502 on: August 15, 2014, 01:14:26 pm »
I had a chuckle about your DH's Nikkit and Kimmy. I usually shop without mine too but he had to "help" this time. He also complains loudly about the prices, thank goodness he doesn't trolley surf. He is another one who helps carry the food in, takes it out of the bags and puts it on the bench and then disappears to the shed. Oh well, they give us a chuckle.

Today I went and paid a couple of bills at the Post Office, then had lovely visitors this afternoon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #15503 on: August 15, 2014, 10:44:35 pm »
Lol Nikkit and kimmy  ;D
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15504 on: August 15, 2014, 11:08:31 pm »
love it Nikkit and Kimmy.

Well, My DH is fabulous. :D

He is going shopping  this afternoon, he buys whats on special, everything on the list, and what ever I ring him for.
I love staying home cooking, while he shops.

He takes DS to soccer, then goes shopping. :D
He is also good at cleaning, mopping ect.  I found out he can iron  as well. we call him  "The Cleaning Fairy"
 ;)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #15505 on: August 16, 2014, 01:12:10 am »
Your lucky Obbie  :)

Cookie, hugs , I  know how painful it can be  :-*

I definitely prefer to shop on my own.  On the odd occasion I have been shopping with DH I have lost him.  I am so use to shopping on my own I forgot he was with me and walked off.  Then when I remembered him had to go and find him, took twice as long to get the shopping done. 

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #15506 on: August 16, 2014, 02:44:32 am »
How lucky are you obbie.

My DH doesn't do any housework other than dry the dishes but he nearly always goes shopping with me and he is not too bad.  He will occasionally disappear with the trolley and as he is short like me he is a bit hard to find him. :D  He always loads and unloads the car for me so I can't complain too much.

I dared DH to take me for a ride in a shopping trolley one night after we had been out for dinner with some friends we had met whilst on holidays.  I didn't think he would do it as he is so quiet and reserved but sure enough he helped me in and off we went.  We still laugh about it.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15507 on: August 16, 2014, 08:39:10 am »
I definitely prefer to shop on my own.  On the odd occasion I have been shopping with DH I have lost him.  I am so use to shopping on my own I forgot he was with me and walked off.  Then when I remembered him had to go and find him, took twice as long to get the shopping done. 
LOL  :D :D :D

I dared DH to take me for a ride in a shopping trolley one night after we had been out for dinner with some friends we had met whilst on holidays.  I didn't think he would do it as he is so quiet and reserved but sure enough he helped me in and off we went.  We still laugh about it.
You little devil Margaret ;)  :D :D :D :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15508 on: August 16, 2014, 09:13:42 am »
Very funny Margaret, that would have made a nice snap shot to show the grandchildren.

I lost DH and DD in K-Mart when he first came on the scene so I got staff to put out a call 'will Geoff & Jo please come to the front desk to meet their Mother'.  Next minute they came out of somewhere with the biggest smiles on their faces  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15509 on: August 16, 2014, 10:05:15 am »
Mab and Judy I have just had a lovely chuckle. DH is very good and vacuums and will cook, iron or whatever I ask him to do. He just doesn't shop very well.  ;) ;)I kept working 12 months longer than he did and he did all the home jobs. It was lovely. It made working so much easier, however when I retired he celebrated and declared he wasn't cooking anymore unless it was necessary.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/