Author Topic: Regina’s Healthy Oatmeal No Bake Cookies  (Read 14401 times)

Offline Kym

• View Profile
Re: Regina’s Healthy Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2010, 12:31:20 am »
Just went to make these and I don't have any coconut oil.  Any suggestion on what other oils may work?

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 08:22:35 am »
Kym, give butter a try and see how that goes.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 10:27:28 pm »
Thanks

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 11:58:32 pm »
Is Tahini (sesame seed paste out for nut free zones?)
Not sure will have to look into it, before I buy/make some.

Some schools include sesame seeds with nuts.  Try "sunbutter" made from ground up sunflower seeds.
Cathy, does it smell/taste like sunflower seeds?  I ate to many as a child and now the thought & smell make me feel sick.  lol

Thank you very much for all your suggestions.  I am often unsure of variations from the recipe as I worry about failing and wasting ingredients.  :-[

I made another batch on the weekend using condensed milk instead of peanut butter.  I only used 80g of water too.  They taste good.  A bit sweeter than last time, so I will cut back the sugar if I make them like this again.  They took longer to set, but were just as firm as last time (this was one of my worries with using a substitute).  I didn't test the rum option  :(.

Offline pinkscrapbooker

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 12:29:02 am »
The sunflower freenut butter we had was almost identical taste and smell to peanut butter - I had to put in note in DS's lunch box when he went to vacation care, otherwise he gets into trouble for having a nut spread in his box!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2010, 05:18:04 am »
I haven't tried "sunbutter" so I'm not sure, I just thought it might be a good option.

Good that the condensed milk worked - yes I would imagine they'd be sweeter but should be able to adjust accordingly as you suggested.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline rubyslippers

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 02:11:00 am »
The sunflower freenut butter we had was almost identical taste and smell to peanut butter - I had to put in note in DS's lunch box when he went to vacation care, otherwise he gets into trouble for having a nut spread in his box!
Thanks pinkscrapbooker!  That sounds great.  Where is it sold?

Thank you for your reply Cathy.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 01:37:50 pm »
I made these biscuits today :) I used raw sugar, and slightly less of it, and added some linseeds and cinnamon. I also used raisins instead of sultanas.

A great, easy recipe. Thanks! :D :D

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 01:18:55 am »

Do you have a recipe for making sunflower freenut butter? Ours is a nut free school and alternatives are always welcomed.
Kerryn