Author Topic: Crepes  (Read 12078 times)

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
Re: Crepes
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 05:27:00 am »
Thanks for that Judy. I'm trying to replicate my MIL's crepes but she doesn't measure quantities. The only thing I know is that it uses 2 eggs. Will try your quantities for flour and milk.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 06:02:14 am »
I thought the same thing chocolatte and I was trying to replicate the taste and texture of my dad's creeps and found this perfect so just don't think about the quantities of eggs, it does make a lot of crepes.

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 09:05:21 am »
I made these crepes today for the first time (first attempt at crepes too). Really easy recipe and produced an excellent result. Very easy to get them even and thin. I used 40g of ghee rather than 40g of oil.   Did not need any lubrication in the pan either. We just had them with lemon and caster sugar.  Will definitely make them again.

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2015, 01:03:13 pm »
I've now made these many times and the recipe always works perfectly. The batter keeps well in the fridge too.

For thin crepes good for eating as they are cooked I use 1/4 cup of batter per crepe in a 20cm crepe pan. For slightly thicker crepes good for keeping and wrapping arounds things I use 1/3 cup in the same size crepe pan. I get 12 crepes from the full recipe using 1/3 cup of batter per crepe.

Discovered a very easy dessert using these crepes that keeps at least 24 hours in the fridge:

ingredients
Cooked crepes (one per serve)
2 strawberries per serve
3 slices mango per serve
2 teaspoons lemon curd per serve (I make a half quantity of Tenina's from FFS)
1 teaspoon double cream per serve

method
For each serve put one teaspoon of lemon butter and one teaspoon of double cream in the centre then swirl these together to make a rectangle about 4cm wide and 10cm long in the middle of the crepe.  Put a slice of mango down each long side of the  cream and lemon butter mix and then three strawberry halves down the middle. Then roll up the crepe and put into a dish with the ends down. You can stack the rolled crepes on top of each other and they will be fine. Chop the remaining fruit into a smallish dice and mix it together.

To serve, put a teaspoon of lemon butter on top of each crepe then evenly distribute the chopped fruit on top of the crepes.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2015, 02:21:19 pm »
That sounds full of flavour Consumerate. Perfect for the coming summer.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2015, 09:46:38 pm »
Sounds yummy. Thanks.