Author Topic: EDC Torte Caprese  (Read 33001 times)

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: EDC Torte Caprese
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2013, 12:13:42 am »
I was talking to a friend who's a consultant  and was asking her about this.  Going back over the books, etc. she found 3 different recipes - i.e., recipes with the same ingredients but differing  quantities . . .

Sorry - it's disappointing that these books are put out without  professional proofreading, proofreading, proofreading - and preferably someone who knows the ins and outs of English grammar and spelling.  If anything is put out in a slapdash way, apart from being a pain for the customer, it does reflect quite negatively on the overall quality of the product and the company - whether it be this one or any other company (in my humble opinion!).

A great machine such as the TMX surely demands a professional approach to all that comes with it!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:50:58 am by goldfish »

Offline AussieMum2Boys

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2013, 12:32:32 am »
I made it with the 250g of butter...  :o

It actually came out OK, very dense and a little bit oily, and I had to cook it for 1.5 hours.. but it was well received last night and today (I took the left overs to work!). I served it with a creme anglais. Flavour was still yummy :)

Will definitely scale the butter amount back to 150g next time though..
Wife and working mama to 2 gorgeous little boys (3yo L1  and 1yo L2) from Sydney, Australia.

Newbie Thermomix enthusiast and a Seasoned food lover.. a match made in heaven! <3

Follow me on twitter and instagram! @AussieMum2Boys

Offline Chocolatte

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2013, 03:42:22 am »
My new EDC book, May 2013, has 150g of butter included, I am assuming that this is correct. But I am puzzled by the exploding cakes though, after a quick read back through this thread. What is the function of the tablespoon of baking powder? It seems like a lot given that there is no flour in this recipe.

Offline consumerate

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2014, 02:39:31 pm »
I had great success with my first attempt at this recipe. I used a 24cm tin, 150g butter, full tablespoon of baking powder, only 150g of sugar and added irish whisky instead of amaretto. I also topped with ganache following the EDC recipe. I thought this was the right amount just for the top of the cake. People who I prepared it for were surprised that it was gluten free because it was so light - apparently gluten free cakes are often dense. Received many compliments from all that tried it.

I served it with whipped cream with a very small amount of Irish whisky in it.  I think it might have been better with creme fraiche. Up to 48 hours are after baking it was still good to eat although I don't know that I would want to leave it for another day because it was getting a little bit dry - perhaps because it had been cut.