Author Topic: Nectarine Coconut Tart  (Read 5530 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Nectarine Coconut Tart
« on: January 07, 2012, 02:40:37 am »
Number of Serves: 8

Ingredients:
235g Plain flour
100g cold butter
2 eggs
100g caster sugar (raw sugar 3 secs / Speed 9)
1 tsp vanilla essence
75g Self Raising flour
85g dessicated coconut
2 nectarines, each cut into 6 pieces
1/2 cup apricot jam

Preparation:
Prepare caster sugar and set aside.
Place plain flour  and butter in TM, 10 secs / Speed 6 until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add 2-3 tablespoons water and set dial to closed lid position /10 - 20 secs / Interval speed (add a little more water if necessary to bind). Turn mixture onto lightly floured board or mat and roll out to fit a 22cm round loose bottom flan tin. Chill for 20 mins.
Preheat oven to 180oC or 160ofan. Line pastry tin with a sheet of baking paper and with weights such as dried rice or beans. Bake for 15 mins, then remove baking paper and weights and cook for a further 15 mins, or until dry and lightly golden. Cool.
To make filling put Butterfly in TM and add eggs, sugar and vanilla essence 10 secs / Speed 4.
Add SR flour and coconut closed lid position /30 secs / Interval speed and then spread in the tart shell.
Place nectarines in a pattern and press into filling, then bake for 30 mins, or until set and golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
Warm apricot jam and press through a sieve. Brush over surface of the tart and slice to serve.
Can serve with cream / custard / icecream etc.

Photos:
Not yet, as I had to race out the door and take it so I didn't get a pic this time but will make again shortly and add one.

Source: C*les summer magazine 2012

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Nectarine Coconut Tart
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 03:04:07 am »
They obviously all liked it CP?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 05:41:37 am »
they did, and it was nice to make something with fruit that is currently in season.
Literally took it hot out of the oven, spread the jam over and then whisked it into the back of the car with a tea towel over it so I could hang on to it and protect it a bit. When we were nearly there, DH slammed on the brakes at a roundabout cos the person on the right had the right of way (but apparently not as much right on the road as Mr Impatience  ;)) and the tart went flying. Fortunately the tea towel probably protected it to some degree but the jam stuck to the tea towel and peeled off abit of the top.

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 06:34:25 am »
I thought those sort of things only happened to me. :-))
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:20:02 pm »
I thought those sort of things only happened to me. :-))
Me  too Cookie.Like the time I was carrying a Lemon Mousse Cake to the SIL's on the back seat of the car,breaked too hard and it hit the back of the passenger seat.Salvaged enough to scoop into a bowl. :P :P
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 12:57:07 am »
I did it too with a large bowl (5 litres) of pumpkin soup that I was taking to a friend for their family dinners and to freeze. Someone took right of way off me and I had to hit the brakes. The bowl was on the floor on the passenger side and it hit the firewall and the lid popped off. That stuff takes forever to clean up. Luckily there was enough left in the bowl to salvage for their dinner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2012, 06:01:57 am »
Would you believe I sat on a container of yoghurt many years ago. That was fun to clean up. DD was tiny and I put a 1kg of yoghurt on my seat and then strapped her in. I jumped into the car and 'blerk'. I drove home and then got out and cleaned the car and myself up.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 08:06:46 am »
Cars and transporting food seems to be quite a problem.  You should have seen DH holding the cake pops I took down to GD's birthday recently.  He held them & rode the bumps beautifully - amazingly, they arrived in one piece and all intact.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.