Author Topic: Apricot Sherbet  (Read 5243 times)

Offline johnro

• View Profile
Apricot Sherbet
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:37:55 am »
Apricot Sherbet - Makes 1.5 litres
Original recipe is found in the Cuisanart Recipe book which comes with the icecream maker
Ingredients:
150g sugar
150g water
825g (large can) apricot halves in syrup
50ml fresh lemon juice
150ml milk
150ml cream
1 tsp vanilla (I used vanilla bean paste)

Preparation:

1  Place sugar and water in  *: 90deg - 3mins - speed 2/3.  Add lemon juice. Cool completely - I placed in freezer to speed process.
2  Drain apricots reserving, place in  *: together with 150ml syrup form the apricots - speed 6 - 30sec or until completely smooth.
3  Add chilled sugar/lemon juice solution, milk, cream and vanilla.  Speed 6 - 1min.
4  This mixture can either be left in refrigerator and then churned in icecream maker for 50 - 55 mins or immediately churned. Alternatively for those without an icecream maker - place in feezer until firm but not frozen, cut in pieces and place back in  *: mix 20 secs speed 9 then a further 10 secs speed 4 return to freezer.

Tips/Hints:
This was delicious with an almost fizz similar to sherbet - very much a contrast to the other 2 icecream which were served at the same time - salted caramel maple iceream and choc hazelnut - served with meringue nest and salted praline!!!!!!!!
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Apricot Sherbet
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:42:34 am »
did it go hard in the freezer robyn ?
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 10:57:02 am »
Uni not as hard as the choc hazelnut but then again it finished in the icecream maker about 4pm and we had dessert around 10pm.  It was perfect to scoop - not like a soft serve but tonight it is actually harder than the other two varieties (salted maple and the choc hazelnut) - this is probably a result of the higher water content 5 - 10 mins out of the freezer will solve the problem - however the sensation of almost dissolving when in the mouth is something else!!!!!  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:11:47 am »
 ;D thanks will try it when DH finishes the mango one the chocolate one and the rockmelon one it will take him a long time he only has a few tablespoon full, a few times a week but he love his frozen dark choclolate he will have a few  squares most nights. he is lucky none of the kids like dark chocolate  ;D 
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 11:19:56 am »
thanks johnro, will need to try it soon
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand