Author Topic: excited!!  (Read 15212 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: excited!!
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 08:25:10 am »

She maintains the success is dependent on "following the instructions exactly & not going off halfway through the process".  I haven't made the meringue this way myself

Hi JZ - because tu parle francais bien - here is a lemon meringue pie from France - the whites cooked at 50 degrees.  http://www.vorwerk.com/fr/thermomix/html/recettes-tm31,recipe,view,511,0,search-dosearch-classic-0.html?title=meringue&author=&datefrom=&dateto=&category=999&type=999

Have you checked out their site? - Tres bien, aussi.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 02:50:20 pm »
;) Hi there, this is my first attempt at a post.  I will confess straight up that I am a consultant based in Melbourne - bayside suburbs - & I, needless to say, adore my TM - known as "Thelma".  The issue of meringue does seem to cause some angst.  I only received some advice from our senior consultant here in Melbourne yesterday.  In her recipe she says egg white (4 @ room temp) should be beaten for 3 mins and 30 seconds on speed 4 with the butterfly inserted.  She maintains the success is dependent on "following the instructions exactly & not going off halfway through the process".  I haven't made the meringue this way myself.........Sticky date pudding is my downfall for dessert & the Tm one is the best I have ever had..........

Am (hopefully) attaching her "Pavlova with Raspberry Cream" recipe

Thankyou for the Pav recipe it downloaded fine. Also nice to meet you today.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 04:11:44 pm »

It seemed only fair that I should "out" myself & I am amazed that not more consultants are using this site but I will certainly try to rectify that.

I'm having ANOTHER demo next week :D and am going to show my consultant this site. Have told and emailed her about it a couple of times and she still hasn't looked :( So...will be physically showing her this time! She is always proud of what I do in my TM and I tell her all the great things come from this forum and NOT me lol. Wait til I tell her about the dishwasher and laundry detergents  :o
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2009, 02:15:45 am »
Sounds to me like you will have to physically hit her over the head with it before she takes any notice of you.  What is it in the words 'forum thermomix'  that they don't understand :-)) :-)) :-))  It is not going to do them out of a job, in fact it could help to sell more machines.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 04:03:57 am »
Nice to meet you too Kathy......hope you are cooking up a storm up there in Belgrave.

I think Kathy & I both found out the answer to why most consultants don't look at this site, they are simply too busy!!  Most of them are mums with little children & out there demonstrating whenever they can.  Some of us (me!) have no such encumberances & while I am pretending to study I sneak a  look at the site!!  One of the best ways you could share your passion if you don't want to have another demo is simply to recommend to friends who haven't been to a demo to have their own.  We are not going to be able to spread the word without your help.    ;)  Here in Melbourne we are on a massive growth curve & as word spreads & numbers out there grow we will get more & more resources.  We are trying to do more "cooking classes" I am currently looking for a venue between Mornington and Middle Park to hold one in.  Demos are supposed to be fun and informative so I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to host one!!!!  But, don't want to hijack this as a sales forum.  Love the work that Brazen & Thermomixer do & appreciate you all spreading the Thermomix gospel!!!

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 06:06:39 am »

Hi JZ - because tu parle francais bien - here is a lemon meringue pie from France -
Have you checked out their site? - Tres bien, aussi.
[/quote]

Zut alors, maintenant je n'aurais jamais du temps pour autrechoses........it's been that long I have no idea whether what I just said made sense!!  But the site looks like it has some yummy stuff on it - the bergamot infused creme brule...........mmmmmm might have to risk translating that one.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 03:03:43 pm »

Sounds to me like you will have to physically hit her over the head with it before she takes any notice of you.  What is it in the words 'forum thermomix'  that they don't understand :-)) :-)) :-))  It is not going to do them out of a job, in fact it could help to sell more machines.

I think Kathy & I both found out the answer to why most consultants don't look at this site, they are simply too busy!!  Most of them are mums with little children & out there demonstrating whenever they can.  Some of us (me!) have no such encumberances & while I am pretending to study I sneak a  look at the site!!  One of the best ways you could share your passion if you don't want to have another demo is simply to recommend to friends who haven't been to a demo to have their own.  We are not going to be able to spread the word without your help.    ;)  Here in Melbourne we are on a massive growth curve & as word spreads & numbers out there grow we will get more & more resources.  We are trying to do more "cooking classes" I am currently looking for a venue between Mornington and Middle Park to hold one in.  Demos are supposed to be fun and informative so I can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to host one!!!!  But, don't want to hijack this as a sales forum.  Love the work that Brazen & Thermomixer do & appreciate you all spreading the Thermomix gospel!!!

As a consultant I would have to agree with JaneeZee.  Each consultants situation is different.  Around here one I know is a full time Lawyer and is a consultant on the side, and others I know are also Mums of youngsters.  For me I'm a single Mum and being a TMX Consultant is my second job/hobby.  The only time I get here is late at night - and then get quizzed at work as to why I"m looking tired  ;) :D :D 

I kind of think that interest in the forum is like that of the TMX - you need to get someone emotionally excited to get them to see it.  And to do that to someone who doesn't know what it's really like - it's hard work!  Everyone is busy and spare time is disappearing.

But for those of us that are aware of the forum, it's our jobs to excite other owners & potential owners about this fantastic and inspiring online community and amazing resource available - literally at our fingertips 24/7!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D isn't that what everyone wants?

Now I just wish I had time to make all these amazing things every one posts.... and convert my own things.....  :D :D ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 03:06:04 pm »
and some people just don't get the whole internet or forum thing...

crazy people  :D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 03:16:32 pm »
Their loss hey?!

;) :D :D
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 12:19:01 am »
Have to admit am really hooked on here! I love it all! Think its a wonderful idea, sharing recipes (and friendships) all over the world.
Just wish I had more time, but with work, the kids, DH, and after school activities I do struggle, but somehow manage to use THX everyday ;D  Even if its just to make soap! or lemonade! ;D
Amanda

Spain