Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128238 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10155 on: July 30, 2013, 10:14:11 am »
Oooh where are you staying in Palm Cove

Palm Cove tropic apartments - hope its ok, the pool looked nice 😀. Not much available in our price range - got good reviews on tripadvisor. What did we do before the Internet? I won't have a car Robyn but we might have a couple of hours in cairns before our flight leaves.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10156 on: July 30, 2013, 12:33:03 pm »
Nikkit I do so love your posts especially about spotty horse. I know I will always have a good laugh.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: July 30, 2013, 01:16:47 pm »
A day at the zoo with DS6's prep class. Exhausted. Boy, don't know how those teachers cope day after day.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: July 30, 2013, 03:07:13 pm »
Kimmy, I have a friend who home schooled her kids, it's trips like that that remind me there's no way I could homeschool my kids. I enjoy the break while they're at school lol.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: July 30, 2013, 11:28:30 pm »
Cookie - he doesn't always make me laugh I can tell you! I have shed many many rivers of tears over this horse!
When he is in the rose garden he looks at me as if to say "what on earth is your problem, I am weeding" Which would be all fine and good if he did actually weed, but he just nips the tops off, tromps all over the roses, tangles up the retic and can't figure out how to go out the same way he went in! My rose garden is on 2 levels about 1/2 a metre or so up from the lawn and 2nd level is higher again, so he has to step up into the garden. He does not step down - pounces like Peppe le Pew!
Must admit it is kinda funny when he thinks I can't see him in the garden. My roses are pruned, he is rather large and spotty - and not green, so yes I can see him!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: July 31, 2013, 12:40:00 am »
Your stories do make us laugh though Nikkit, life is never dull at your place and you tell a great story  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: July 31, 2013, 01:47:28 am »
After blood tests, scans & 5 doctor visits....they believe DD has internal spasms....relieved it wasn't something more serious.
She had a reaction to original tablets, so now onto new ones.  Will have to see if this works to stop her pain, and hope it's not just a bandaid  :-\
As we headed out to Docs yesterday, the primary school rang to say DS had injured his shoulder....it always pours, doesn't it   :-X

I had chocolate moulds turn up yesterday, so I better get a move on making & decorating.....this party is in 10 days  :o :o.....there's so much going on ATM, I need a clone  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: July 31, 2013, 01:54:36 am »
That sounds like good news Maddy, hopefully the new medication will relieve the symptoms and as you say not just a bandaid. Also hope the injury to DS is only minor.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: July 31, 2013, 01:58:39 am »
he's fine wonder, just bruising....but you know boys....they think every injury is worse than what anyone has ever had  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: July 31, 2013, 02:09:04 am »
A day at the zoo with DS6's prep class. Exhausted. Boy, don't know how those teachers cope day after day.

I always came home from those feeling as if I had run a marathon.
One outing to the zoo was very "exciting". I had allocated a small group of 4 children to a student teaching and a lady who was doing work experience with us. I figured they could manage 4 between them. All lovely children. At lunch time I nearly had a heart attack when the children were telling everyone how much fun it was when one of them fell into the elephant enclosure! Then to follow that up another had leaned over too much at the croc area and had toppled over. Thank goodness the croc was well fed and it was winter.
Needless to say the two 'carers' and the children were in my group after that. I earned my $$$ that day.

Nikkit spotty horse does sound sweet but I can imagine how you feel when he prunes the roses. I know I used to get cross when the sheep got into my Vegie patch and manures it as they demolished it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: July 31, 2013, 02:37:18 am »
Maddy hope your 2 are on the mend.

Judy I reckon I could nearly write a book on this horse. Some days he is not the smartest crayon in the pack, but then on other days he is one step ahead of me the whole way, and I am struggling to stay with him!
But he is not nasty or mean, so he'll be with me til one of us falls out of our rocking chair. (Just quietly hoping that both of them keep rocking for a few more years yet!!)

He has to smell my breath every morning :o (yes weird but true! Horses bond by breathing into each others nostrils. I bonded with him like this when I first got him and it is something we do every morning)  This morning I got extra kisses from him as I'd had eggs and avocado for breakky. The mornings I have struggled to get up there with a hang over - he avoids me like the plague!

I sound like a right weirdo don't I???!!!  :P :-[

Oh - Judy remind me later... I have a story to tell about working sheep, but it is long-ish and I have a coffee date to get to. I think you'll get a giggle out of it.  ;D

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: July 31, 2013, 02:57:14 am »
he's fine wonder, just bruising....but you know boys....they think every injury is worse than what anyone has ever had  :P

Do they ever - DD managed to scratch DHs eye last night, and while it's not good, he was talking like he'll never be able to see again!  He's got some cream now and a followup tomorrow, and been told he'll live.  ;)

I'm in the office today - on the upside, the eye-scratch means DH is home now.  DD has been dropped back home by her Nana, and I get to stay at work.  Yippee...  :-))
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: July 31, 2013, 03:31:51 am »
we just helped a friend move house, hope this settle for her.
 :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: July 31, 2013, 07:06:11 am »
That sounds good news Maddy, nice to have something not sinister to work with and a relief for you.
My DD(now 22) has always had puzzling problems ( heart palpitations amongst other things) that no one can put a name or reason to. Huge concern but have to make light of it not to worry her.
Denise

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: July 31, 2013, 07:35:51 am »
lol Maddy, that's exactly what I was thinking but I thought I shouldn't write as maybe it's only my DS (13) that is shocking with any minor injury or illness. We've even taken him to the ER once in the middle of the night because he was sure he was dying (of a cold!) and we knew we woudn't get any sleep for a second night. I felt bad about doing it, but it's the only way he would calm down and get back to bed and fortunately the hospital is only a few minutes away and at three in the morning their ER was fortunately pretty empty!