Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6128424 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #7950 on: April 02, 2013, 04:35:15 am »
Quiet day. It's school holidays and raining. Figures!

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #7951 on: April 02, 2013, 05:18:13 am »
Looking after 3 tired out-of-routine girls  :P
Cooking  :D
Cleaning the cot  ;D
Washing caught up again after a long weekend!  :)
house tidied and vacuumed......
Dinner in slow cooker and oven ready to go  ;)

oops - I'm meant to be taking it easy.  :-))  :-\
:D

mcmich

« Reply #7952 on: April 02, 2013, 05:46:38 am »
Astarra, put your feet up until dinner.

Had a bit of a different day at work today. I was helping with a drug trial for MS patients. It was a bit boring from a nursing point of view, just have to do an ECG and baseline obs on patient, give them the drug and then do obs  and a final ECG before discharge.

It was nice meeting these folk at different stages of the disease and hearing their stories and the journey they are on.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7953 on: April 02, 2013, 05:53:35 am »
Good to hear there are trials going on for MS Michele, all too late for Geoff but maybe some hope for others in the future.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #7954 on: April 02, 2013, 06:13:51 am »
This is an older drug Judy - Gilenya.

I seem to have been nursing a few MS patients lately for surgical reasons - all female.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7955 on: April 02, 2013, 06:52:55 am »
Michelle, one of my close friends is trialling a new drug for MS, very expensive each month.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #7956 on: April 02, 2013, 11:06:44 am »
Went for a social bike ride to Williams for coffee then finished paining my fence and took a load of rubbish to the tip. Now just have to cook dinner.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7957 on: April 02, 2013, 11:09:15 am »
You have been busy on your 'free' Tuesday.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #7958 on: April 02, 2013, 12:47:35 pm »
Back to work today :( busy preparing for two public speaking competitions next week Mon and Tues so need to keep calm!!  will do lots of cooking on the weekend as am going to be out a lot next week.  Also starting to browse for flights, due a trip home (back to UK)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7959 on: April 02, 2013, 02:44:44 pm »
I spent my day with telstra  >:(  hour long sessions with technicians from the Philippines, Adelaide, Townsville......or on hold....will do it all again tomorrow  :-))  what a waste of a day!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7960 on: April 02, 2013, 05:14:07 pm »
A friend and I went to see another good friend in Henley-on-Thames.We all went out for lunch.Lunch was good but the service was terrible. :P At one stage we sought out the waitress to ask why it was taking so long to make three salads.Apparently forty five minutes :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #7961 on: April 02, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »
We had a great day today, went to a local cafe for breakfast the we all went to a movie at gold class and then finally went out for a lovely dinner at Chin Chin in Melbouren. It's the first time we have ever been out for breakfast, lunch and tea all in one day and the first time in ages  we have all gone out as a family. Off to the Gold Coast this afternoon for a few days. I'm meant to be on annual leave but it hasn't really worked out that way and I'll have to work for a few hours each day.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7962 on: April 02, 2013, 10:12:33 pm »
I spent my day with telstra  >:(  hour long sessions with technicians from the Philippines, Adelaide, Townsville......or on hold....will do it all again tomorrow  :-))  what a waste of a day!

I have spent many hours with Telstra. Recently a total of 8.32 hours  over several on the same issue and they are the ones calling me!  It is hilarious . It is too complicated to go into but they are begging me for a change. I refuse and they offer bribes like reducing my Internet Bill  and a one off credit of  $ 50. I say show me the money and when they do I still say no not my problem but yours. The best thing is to keep a diary with names and dates so you can quote stuff back to them.  The most recent call was from a guy in Melbourne . After 1 hour and 20 minutes he agreed it was a Telstra issue and their mistake but would I please?  Nope!  Two days later some guy in the Philippines started the whole thing again. He never heard of the guy in Melbourne so after 47 minutes I gave him the phone number of the guy in Melbourne and told him to give him a call.  Two days later I get another call  and I give this new guy the two phone numbers so maybe they are all on a conference call as we speak. 

I recently got a $200 credit on our bill for a 2 hour outage . You got to be in it to win it and never lose  your  temper , agree with everything they say but never give in.

Last year I had Telstra guys practically living in my house over a month as they  where having an internal dispute over who had the key to the Telstra Box near my house  and what grade of technician  could access the dame thing. I took out the crow bar and threatened to open it myself before they saw "reason".  Turns out that the  contractor had not been paid so he was not doing any work.. They finally had to fly some senior guy technician up from Sydney who came straight from the airport to my house. I fed him breakfast and we had a good old chat and I got the whole story. After that we walked  over to the box, he opened it up, switched a couple of wires and  job done.  He got back on the afternoon flight.  Everyone has a Telstra story and they are almost all bad.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #7963 on: April 02, 2013, 11:20:28 pm »
Lol Gert...our problems have been ongoing for years...probably not a month goes by without having to call them with some sort of issue, .but never  as funny as your story  :P

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7964 on: April 02, 2013, 11:40:08 pm »
Not well known and not advertised is that when there is a power outage and you are unable to use your Internet, Home line, Moblie and any other service, the nice girl In the Phillippines  or Bangladash,or Melbourne  will give you a credit on each account. Just phone say Power Outage and mention every Telstra product you cannot use and magic happens on your next bill.

Not like Ergon Energy who charge us $10 a day every day and so far this year we have had four power outages in our area. D you think you get a credit on your bill?  That is what a monolopy crap company can get away with.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.