Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6129003 times)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #4260 on: November 15, 2012, 01:40:52 am »
She must know she can lean on you Den - you sound like a wonderful father.  :)
:D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: November 15, 2012, 01:53:40 am »
You know those T shirts that say "S**t happens" well they must have known her when they made those.

She passed through Perth a couple of weeks ago with work and we had a quick visit.  Then right after she got home she dropped her phone and cracked the screen. So when she was down here visiting for the week she got her phone replaced.  Then she couldn't link her phone to her computer because her version of iTunes was too old. Unfortunately she couldn't update iTunes because the operating system on her computer was too old for the new version of iTunes. She couldn't updte to the latest operating system because her was so old she need to update the the previous update (which is no longer available) first. Luckily she could afford a new computer which she really needed anyway. But then She had trouble getting her data to migtrate from the old computer to the new computer.

ARRRRG
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:53:05 am by judydawn »

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: November 15, 2012, 02:01:51 am »
 :-)) :-)) :-)) ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: November 15, 2012, 02:09:44 am »
sending hugs for you Den.

Some one has to have a DD like that, and she is lucky to have you to help her out..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: November 15, 2012, 02:55:10 am »
'Aint technology grand ;)

DS woke up with a really sore throat this morning, but it's amazing what panadol can do (providing you can get the child to drink it >:()
The oven repair man came this morning - it's not terribly promising. We dont know what model it is and he doesnt have the spare part in stock. One of the hinges is broken, so he said that it's no use getting a new thermostat if he cant get a new hinge >:(
He also said that it's difficult to find a replacement oven that will fit in the exisiting space >:(
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: November 15, 2012, 03:00:02 am »
Isn't it amazing what we have to do for our kids  :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: November 15, 2012, 03:16:12 am »
The oven repair man came this morning - it's not terribly promising. We dont know what model it is and he doesnt have the spare part in stock. One of the hinges is broken, so he said that it's no use getting a new thermostat if he cant get a new hinge >:(
He also said that it's difficult to find a replacement oven that will fit in the exisiting space >:(

My solution ES.... win the lottery and buy a whole new house ;D

Sorry, thats probably not helpful! :D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: November 15, 2012, 03:22:57 am »
Oh ES - hope something works out soon.  :)
:D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: November 15, 2012, 03:24:35 am »
I had the same problem when we replaced our oven ES.  All the new ovens were just a little bit smaller. I found one that was close but needed to get a cabinet maker to make and fit a filler piece to go around the new oven. Our kitchen cabinets are Jarrah so it was easy to match. Though there is a slight colour difference but we hardly notice it now.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: November 15, 2012, 03:37:12 am »
I just received a part from Melbourne today, for my Mums oven, that I ordered on Monday, (pretty good).

Local repair man tried 6 months ago. (still waiting)
Hopefully DH will fix it tonight.. :) :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: November 15, 2012, 03:56:33 am »
ES, so are you out looking for a new oven or a new kitchen and a new oven  ???  Sometimes one thing leads to another and before you know it, you are renovating the whole room.  Hope it's all fixed for the busy Christmas season.

DD, you must be a great Dad that's all I can say.  You think once they have left home, they will be independent - wrong!!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 03:58:04 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: November 15, 2012, 04:06:54 am »
Too true JD. DD the eldest is very independent.  Hardly ever hear from her. She has purchased her first home, saves money  and goes n overseas holidays. I guess they all can't be alike and she does keep life interesting.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: November 15, 2012, 05:09:15 am »
Sending much needed hugs to Den and ES. Tomorrow is another new day guys, hope its a better one. :)
Had kinder duty today followed by groceries and netball tonight. Feel like a quick nap on couch but DS keeps poking me.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: November 15, 2012, 05:27:34 am »
Been a busy day here. DS's school gala is tomorrow, so baked a cake for that (still have to ice), baked a batch of muffins for a friend with sick husband and kids, and another batch of muffins for us (or the kds would not be happy).
Also am helping on the craft activity stall at the gala tomorrow so preparing stuff for that.
AND having my first stand at a craft market on Saturday, so trying to finish off the last few dolls nappies I have made.  Plenty more I would like to have done for it, but drawing the line there.
phew! What a week!
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: November 15, 2012, 05:37:03 am »
Had coffee and a lovely chat with a forum friend today. A tiny bit of shopping and as soon as I get off here I must make some bread as we are out.  I forgot to take the sourdough starter out last night so it will have to be ordinary bread.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/