Author Topic: NEW FULL COLOUR THERMOMIX COOKBOOK; FOR FOODS SAKE  (Read 70131 times)

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Re: NEW FULL COLOUR THERMOMIX COOKBOOK; FOR FOODS SAKE
« Reply #90 on: February 14, 2012, 09:01:28 pm »
The fact that Tenina's book has been so warmly received clearly indicates that there is a need for really good cook books with photos...Something that TMX HO should have come up with a long long time ago. It is clearly filling a need and as others have said is actually promoting the exclusive use of the TMX. What can possibly be wrong with that?

BTW, given TMX HO need to control every aspect of the distribution and marketing of TMX machines, they must be grinding their teeth with despair to see New TMXs being sold by an Spanish seller on eBay for considerably less $$$  than the nearly two grand that is the current price.

Well done Tenina for your talent, skill and courage in coming up with TMX recipes. Just remember that Perth HO is not the manufacturer of the product but a distributer in Australia. Your market is Australia And beyond!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 14, 2012, 09:28:01 pm »
Yes wayyyy beyond 😃😃
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2012, 08:24:03 am »
Unfortunately, the people who matter, the wonderful consultants, will not be allowed to voice an opinion on an open unbiased forum. Very un-Australian.

On another matter, I made Teninas Calzone from For Foods Sake today and I am amazed  that I did it. I took a photo of it on my iPad so if anyone can tell me how I can put it here I would appreciate it. It was not pretty but it was easy and yummy. I had actually lost interest after shopping for a lot of new ingredients compatable  with the cook book. Took me three hours and a lot of  money but as I said I had lost interest until this book which I was NOT going to buy.

And I made the powdered chicken stock and mine looked exactly like the photo in the book . It is an absolute must. I cannot believe the flavour. I do not have a dehydrator and don't want one but this worked perfectly in the oven.

I would really love an iPad app for the book as I missed out on a couple of things when shopping.

Gert
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:18:37 am by Gertbysea »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29:26 am »
I love the fact that our food turns out looking much the same as Tenina's.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2012, 08:39:02 am »
I love the fact that our food turns out looking much the same as Tenina's.

That is fantastic…That is my aim…real food for real people, that is pretty and appetising and rustic…
YAY…couldnt have given me better feedback!
xx

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2012, 08:44:48 am »
Cookie I get so excited because I'm not a pretty cook but. I got to say you are right.  Tenina must test and test  and her pics are very good.

This recipe called for ricotta but would you believe it is one of a couple of things I forgot but I found I  had yet another  tub of out of date cottage chees which I blended with  some really out of date  feta and it's scrumptious. Great recipe.

I cannot believe the depth of flavour in the powdered stock. I guess people with dehydrators would know this.

Have you got the book yet?

Gert.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:02:15 am by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2012, 04:06:06 pm »
Got mine and it on its way... Painful wait and i am really really looking forward to this one!!

Chdv and cc let me know when you get your copies... Hopefully they will all arrive around the same time.. Hrrmm swiss post vs french vs uk lol
Hey!! Guess what Frozzie my book arrived today ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's beautiful Tenina,can't wait to sit down tonight and have a good read :) Thank you for getting it into the post so promptly  :-* :-*

Guess what i got in the post today... Yippee di doo dah yippee di dey my oh my what a for food sakes day.. Love love love this book... This book and i are going places this weekend lol!!

Thankyou thankyou tenina xx
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline chdv

• View Profile
    • Aussie in a Swiss kitchen
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2012, 05:27:36 pm »
Got mine and it on its way... Painful wait and i am really really looking forward to this one!!

Chdv and cc let me know when you get your copies... Hopefully they will all arrive around the same time.. Hrrmm swiss post vs french vs uk lol
Hey!! Guess what Frozzie my book arrived today ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It's beautiful Tenina,can't wait to sit down tonight and have a good read :) Thank you for getting it into the post so promptly  :-* :-*

Guess what i got in the post today... Yippee di doo dah yippee di dey my oh my what a for food sakes day.. Love love love this book... This book and i are going places this weekend lol!!

Thankyou thankyou tenina xx

Frozzie and Cornish Cream, very envious, that you both have your copy of Tenina's new book. I'm still up in the mountains, and we didn't organize to have our mail forwarded here. But I just heard from my daughter, who's at home, that 2 packages were delivered on Monday. Both look like books and are from Oz! Looking forward to getting back home this weekend!
Cheryl

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2012, 06:00:19 pm »
I am so pleased for you Frozzie that it arrived today. :) Enjoy your books when you get back home Cheryl ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:03 pm »
 You will all so enjoy this great resource that Tenina has produced!!!!!!!    

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:45:36 pm by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:48 am »
Yay Kim, it is a fantastic book! So glad you've finally got it. All good things come to them that wait ;)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2012, 01:10:00 am »
I could not find out how to post a pic yet from my iPad but put it on my PC and then was able to put it above. I am so amazed that it came out like that. Impressed myself.

Now I am in the middle of making the Chicken Randeng from For Foods Sake and it smells fantastic. Also I am grateful for Helene's Super Spatula as it is so easy to use with with the large solid handle. Also learned it gets the last bits under the lid with ease. Oops, sounds like I am a fan but even the DH with Dupuytren's Contracture in his hands can control it. Be good for kids too I think.

I will never again roast spices in the fry pan or in the oven. Just walked away and the Thermomix did it perfectly. Thanks Tenina for that tip.

Might post a picture later.

Gert in wonderful smelling house.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 02:15:08 am by Gertbysea »

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2012, 01:31:33 am »
Gert, have u got tapatalk for your ipad? I've got it for my iPhone and it's really easy to take a pic and post it from there.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 01:38:57 am »
Gert  it sounds like you are having fun. Anyone who is wondering if they should buy Tenina's book should look here. You will love the Chicken Rendang. Happy cooking.

I'm off to Tenina's chocolate class in  15 minutes. I can't wait.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 01:51:13 am »
When is she coming to Sydney for cooking classes???? I am sure there is enough demand here as well..