Author Topic: Yorkshire puddings  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Yorkshire puddings
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:45:16 am »
Name of Recipe: Yorkshire puddings - as per Jamie Oliver 30 minute meals book
Number of People: makes 12
Ingredients:
just under 1 mug of plain flour
1 mug of milk
1 egg

(I did one cup - not sure what Jamie classes as a mug but one cup worked well, the flour was probably pretty much a cup too)

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 220°, place a 12 hole shallow bun tin (I used a muffin tin) on the top shelf of the oven.
2. Put it all in the bowl and blitz. Did speed 6 for about 30 seconds I think, then scraped down sides/mixed (was a little flour on the side/top of blade) and did another 10 seconds.
3. Quickly and confidently (copied from Jamie) remove the bun tin from the oven and close the door. In one quick movement, back and forth, drizzle a little olive oil in each compartment, then do the same with the batter until each one is half full. Place in the top of the oven, close the door and do not open for 14 minutes, until golden and risen.

He does mention any leftover mixture can be used for pancakes, I had none so think my yorkies were bigger than his mini yorkies - ie my muffin tin was larger or his mug is more than a cup, but it made the twelve fine.
I just did this all as quickly as I could, lol, and they came out great.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: Yorkshire puddings
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:53:54 am »
Good one Zan  :)

I can just hear him talking through those directions, and zipping around the kitchen like a nutter!  :D
Will make with the next roast  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Yorkshire puddings
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:16:44 am »
Love them.  That's the only problem, having to work so darn fast (and not spill anything).
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.