Author Topic: Devestated  (Read 10176 times)

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
Devestated
« on: April 13, 2012, 10:00:51 am »
I lost mum on boxing day and now dad has passed away  Tuesday. He just couldn't cope with loosing mum. There was no life without her for him.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Devestated
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 10:03:50 am »
Oh PP that is so so sad for you, loosing one parent is bad enough, but loosing both in such a short time is devastating.
My thoughts are with you at this hard time. So sorry to hear.

Big hugs from me :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:19:58 am »
PP I'm so terribly sorry to hear this . . it's such a hard time for you.  Youre in our thoughts.  Do take one day at a time and remember to take extra good care of yourself particularly over the weeks ahead . .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 10:36:25 am »
I'd like to add my condolences to you and your family as well PP.  What a terrible shock it must have been and how sad that your Dad couldn't live without your dear Mum, they must have had a wonderful marriage. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:53 am »
Oh you poor love Pumpkin Pie, how terribly sad for you right now.

My thoughts are with you at such a sad time.

Huge hugs, I know ths doesnt help but I have lost my  both my parents, it is really hard, you just have to grieve & then be strong. Love them both & know they love you.

Hally

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:42:21 am »
Thanks everyone. the one thing we keep telling ourselves is that Dad is where he wanted to be, with mum, as hard as that is for us, just watching him deteriorating so much was harder.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 10:44:38 am »
My condolences PP, if there's anything positive to take from this, it's knowing how much they obviously loved each other.  Be kind to yourself.

Offline Deniser

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 11:21:56 am »
Oh PP so sorry for you.  This must be a really hard time.  How nice for two people to love each other so much that they can't bear to be apart.  It would have been very hard for you to lose your Mum and then to watch your Dad suffering so much in his loss.  I like to think that they are now back together where they belong. 
No matter what age we are it is hard to lose our parents - I do hope that you find some peace for yourself soon. 
Sending kind thoughts to you and your family.
You haven't failed at anything until you stop trying.

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 11:47:04 am »
My condolences PP. What a difficult few months for you. Remember to be kind to yourself and allow yourself time to grieve.

I hope you can take comfort from the fact that your parents obviously loved each other very much.  I lost my father 5 years ago today, so he has been in my thoughts. I take comfort in the fact he lived a life he loved and he was so proud of his wife and family. I hope you can remember your parents with much love.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 12:07:34 pm »
PP so sorry to read your sad news. It has been written that hearts really do break when we lose our life partner.  Take care xxxx

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 12:10:54 pm »
So so sad but happy your mum and  dad are together again.

Gretchent
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »
Hi PP, so sorry to hear of your lost. Nice to hear that your parents had such a strong and enduring partnership that when one goes, the other follows soon after. Take good care of yourself and hugs to you during this difficult time.
From Perth WA

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 12:27:30 pm »
Dear PP I'm so sorry to hear such sad news.Take care of yourself and hugs from me :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 12:28:19 pm »
PP, I want to add my condolences and say I am thinking of you and your family. God bless.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 12:34:14 pm »
My deepest sympathy to you PP. Life must be difficult for you at the moment. Take strength from the deep love your parents must have had for each other.
No matter what age we are when we lose our parents it doesn't make it any easier. I hope you have family and brothers/sisters to help you through this sad time. Much love to you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/