Author Topic: Varoma demo  (Read 7675 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Varoma demo
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:30:18 am »
 :) hi, i have had my machine for 16 months now, and love it. I use it every day.
but, i have never had a varoma demo, so don't use the varoma much.

Do you think i should have one, or just teach myself with it.

thanks for all your feedback.
PS, i am back at work full time next week.

Robyn

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 05:22:48 am by obbie »
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Varoma demo
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:53:21 am »
Def worth having the varoma demo. It will inspire you. The other option is to just start with one of the great varoma recipe on here :)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:28:34 am »
I'd still love to do one for you Robyn  :)  I think they're so worth it, and the food's delicious!  Having a demo here this week if you want to come.  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:58:36 am »
I have still to have a varoma demo as well.  I think my consultant is a bit reluctant to follow this up with me as my home is out in the country and I don't think she's too comfortable doing the run out there.  Also, I don't know whether you are 'expected' to have several people attend a varoma demo, as you are with a delivery demo (not sure that I could get enough people to come along to make it worth her while - I'm also a bit embarassed that the delivery demo didn't raise any positive leads for her).

Perhaps I could find someone holding one in the Central Victoria region that I could join in with????
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 03:01:58 am »
Don't be embarrassed about that, Cuilidh - sometimes you do, sometimes you don't...  You just need three people who don't own tmx's if you want to get the Varoma cookbook.  This is a good month to have a demo, since you can get the new International cookbook for half price if you have one in January - it's a really good cookbook, with recipes from all over the world.  :)

Offline dyljon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 04:38:05 am »
Is the International cookbook half-price offer instead of the Steam book half-price with the demo, or can you get them both for half price? I was planning on having my demo in Feb, but may bring it forward to Jan if I can get 2 books half price! ;)
Donella - Happy Valley SA

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:45:19 am »
As far as I know it's both books at 1/2 price - double rewards for January!!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 04:52:57 am »
 :) Yeah Jo, I will have to book you for a varoma demo.
I really need to start using it more or less everyday.

I'll ring you.
thanks,
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Chrissy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:06:38 am »
Whats the go with 3 people at a delivery demo? For mine it was just me, and I didn't even have a demo or attend one before I brought it.

Also does the cookbook thingo only go for January? As I have a Varoma demo booked for Feb as that is the only time my consultant could fir me in, I might try and go with a different consultant if thats the case.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 11:26:00 am »
Ah, Chrissy, that explains a lot!!  :)  That's probably why you're having more doubts about loving it - you just haven't seen enough done in it yet!  I found that the more demos I saw, the more excited I got, and the more I was inspired to use it!  The delivery checklist is something done one on one with your consultant, then you really need to have a delivery demo (with some friends along, so you can get your free Thermoserver), then a few weeks later it's best to have the Varoma demo so you get inspired to use that! (And get your Varoma cookbook.)  I think I had about 9 demos over a couple of years, before I ever became a consultant, and I learnt something new at every one!  Then there's the cooking classes - they're very inspiring too.  :)

Yes, the new cookbook is only available at half price in January.

Offline Chrissy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 01:15:56 am »
Oh I got shown how to make pumpkin soup and blueberry sorbet. Is that a normal delivery demo menu? I also got a thermoserve with my TMX, was that not supposed to happen?

So maybe I will chase up another varoma demo before the end of Jan as I would love the Varoma cookbook.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:34 am »
Chrissy a full demo is about 2 hours with a min of 3 people from different households. We make sorbet, bread rolls, dip, salad, pasta or risotto and custard.  You pick up lots of hints and tips hosting a demo. Well worth it just to hear what your consultant makes/ uses his,her Thermomix for. The thermoserver is only really supposed to be given after you host your demo as a host reward.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Chrissy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 02:25:04 am »
Wow am I confused now. My consultant hasn't got back to me about the incentives for February. I really feel as though I was just a 'sale' and without this forum I would be completely pissed off about my TMX purchase. I feel like I have missed out heaps. What should I do? Is it possible to find another consultant in my area?

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 03:05:00 am »
I think you should contact your consultant first and let her know you want a proper demo - she might have just been busy and not gotten back to you.  If she's too busy to do a demo when you want it, ask her for the name of another consultant who could help you.  :)  We don't actually find out the incentives for the month until the start of the month, so she won't know the incentives for Feb yet.