Author Topic: Honey Mustard Chicken  (Read 179855 times)

Offline Foxx

• View Profile
Re: Honey Mustard Chicken
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2012, 10:54:19 pm »
We had this last night and it was delicious!
Its definately going to be added to my favourites.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2012, 12:43:59 pm »
I made this tonight and used 100g light cream cheese + 50g milk instead of the cream. Also added the carrot and some extra turmeric. I cooked it for 20 minutes rather than 25 because I had less chicken than the recipe.

I think it will become another regular, mum and SD enjoyed it ;)

Offline Shez weeks

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2013, 06:55:01 am »
Made this last night it was absolute Yummo...never ver buy bottled stuff again...thanks for sharing recipe  :)

Offline JuliaC83

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 17, 2013, 01:17:53 pm »
Had this for dinner tonight - very nice :)
Served alongside brown rice and steamed silverbeet/carrot/capsicum/broccoli.
Kids loved it too  ;D
Happily married since 27/03/2004
DS1 2007 Neuroblastoma survivor, Autism, ADHD
DS2 2009
Student Midwife - will graduate at the end of 2014

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2013, 12:16:09 pm »
Thanks Trudy for a great recipe. I added carrot and capsicum as suggested and put chicken in for last ten minutes. Will add a little more mustard next time. We all love it.  Thanks again.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2013, 06:39:24 am »
I can't believe I haven't made this yet, I printed it out to try over a year ago! Must move it to the top of the list.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:34 am »
LOL deedub.... :-)) ;D This is a nice one, I should make it again some time too :)

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »
DS made this last night. We reduced water to 65g and increase mustard to 40g. Delicious as always. Served on top of rice with vegetables on the side. I did pour some sauce over mine and DH veges. Yum :)
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 21, 2013, 04:43:00 am »
Thanks for posting and bumping this up DG.  I just made this for dinner and it was very well received.

YUM!  Will definitely make again - easy and delicious and with "regular" ingredients.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2013, 02:59:38 am »
ooh just printed this, thanks..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline estiny

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:28 am »
I know this is an old post and chanced upon it while thinking of what to cook next. Boy am I glad! I read all 9 pages of comments and amended the mustard to 40gm instead of 20gm and that was using dijon mustard since I don't have any seeded wholegrain mustard at home. I also threw in a carrot with the onion, put the chicken thigh pieces at the last 10 minutes and added 1 tsp of cornflour at the end because I accidentally put in 110gm of water. Think someone suggested 65gm of water. Anyway, the result was FANTASTIC! Yes there was quite a bit sauce left but because I have thickened it somewhat, it was still a nice sauce. I kept piling up more sauce onto my rice, which never seems to disappear  ;D The kids ate it. The husband (fussypot!) ate it and it's a dish that can be repeated in this household. I am so glad to chance upon this recipe as I was beginning to wonder what can substitute the jar of honey mustard sauce from Chicken Tonight which I used to buy. This is so much better. I can't describe it. It was just divine so thank you Trudy O. I had some leftovers for lunch today. Mmm... honey mustard chicken... :D

Offline fertilemertile

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2013, 03:55:54 am »
Made this for dinner last night and it was delicious!

I amended it slightly to make it dairy free by using coconut cream instead of cream and it was delicious! I also chucked in a clove of garlic with the onion as im a garlic freak then served it with steamed potatoes, cabbage, corn, broccoli and red capsicum.

Thanks for posting!  ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2013, 09:59:24 am »
I made this again last night but used 450g of Pork Tenderloin (cubed) instead of chicken.I cooked the Pork for 15 minutes.DH and DS raved about it :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 17, 2013, 11:09:29 am »
Pork and chicken are interchangeable in so many of the recipes on here - I would have enjoyed the pork version too CC.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mel1979

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2013, 04:07:17 am »
Love this, it's a favourite of ours. I have been using coconut cream for a dairy free option and it hardly changes the flavour  :)