Author Topic: How do you keep up?  (Read 12463 times)

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
How do you keep up?
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:08:29 pm »
This whole forum is just amazing.  I can't keep  up with all the posts in the different places. Just trying to catch up on the Anything goes for Uni postings is taking me ages.  I have spent the last 4 days after all the other jobs I have to do, trying to catch up and still I am only up to page 76!!!!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: How do you keep up?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:11:07 pm »
How do we catch up...

I actually have no idea ???

I'm on my computer studying a lot, so I always have an extra browser open with the forum on it. I'm usually sitting here getting impatient for someone to come and post something ;D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 01:22:49 pm »
Pumpkin pie that is fun y. A lot of stuff we go on with is nonsense. We are just chatting about nothing  much but you may find that gem of info so it is worth catching up.

G ert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »
hi Gert, Yeah just posted on anything goes for uni that I have finally reached the last page entry, and I do enjoy just going through the chat, as you can pick up the odd hint or something here and there. Anyway, loved the photos of your place, the palms etc, lucky you.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 09:22:02 pm »
Gee PP you done a great job reading all of that topic. Even when your on the forum several times a day it can be hard to keep up with everything. :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 09:24:13 pm »
PP, I come on here in the morning, then when I get to work.
it helps me if its quiet, otherwise its just me at work... :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 09:27:11 pm »
I dont read every thread, just dont have time.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 09:32:47 pm »
I'm like Halley, I simply don't have time to read every thread, which is a shame because, as Gert said, hidden in amongst all our general chit chat there is often a gem so I am missing that.  When I first joined the forum was not nearly as active as it is now and reading every post was no problem, but I think membership has about doubled since then and keeping up now is almost a full time job.  We are lucky our moderators are so diligent, they must spend so much time on here, I don't know how they do it!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 10:11:09 pm »
Hi Pumpkin. I try to read every recipe post and try to keep up as best I can with the other chit chat.  Its much easier on tapatalk on my Ipad than i found on a PC 

DH asks what I'm doing - I tell him I'm catching up with my newest best friends.

Ps. It's an addiction.  I used to get up and check my emails, now I get up and go straight to this forum :-)
I do the best I can

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »
hi Gert, Yeah just posted on anything goes for uni that I have finally reached the last page entry, and I do enjoy just going through the chat, as you can pick up the odd hint or something here and there. Anyway, loved the photos of your place, the palms etc, lucky you.

It is fun to see where people live. I am lucky for sure. Always warm at least.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 10:47:13 pm »
It's almost impossible to keep up with everything . . I don't know how the moderators manage!!  I think it's just a case of jumping in where you can . . . .the tips and info that pop up here and there are just amazing . .  ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 11:11:59 pm »
i do read a lot of them but most of the time i will not comment on them  :-))
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »
I can't keep up any more, miss a day coming to the forum and there could be ten pages in one thread to read, you lot do chat a lot lol. DH will quite often ask me what I am laughing at.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »
I agree too.  I can't keep up with every post either and do miss some things sometimes.  When I joined there were only just over 300 members so it was a lot quieter then.  ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 01:31:03 am »
I can't help myself looking at this forum when I check emails, tho I haven't got through all the shopping thread (why did I start looking there???) and the forum names one too, tho they are very interesting stories they take a while to read thru!!  :D
I don't read them all, but love what I do read! Think the Uni thread grows the quickest tho.  :)
:D