Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037284 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26430 on: September 09, 2022, 09:18:43 am »
It is certainly a sad day.  The Queen was an amazing woman and will be sadly missed. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26431 on: September 09, 2022, 02:12:22 pm »
The passing of Queen Elizabeth is Immensely sad today , yet she was a true leader and forever in awe of her. DD rang me early this morning to talk about it ( as I would have to my DM ) . Generations leave us and the next take their place .

Another exciting trip to the chooks ! 🐍 I’m going into hiding this summer if this keeps up . This time curled up in a circle .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26432 on: September 10, 2022, 03:37:38 am »
Isn't it strange to hear of people referring to King Charles III!  It will take a bit of getting used to.

On another subject, my great niece was born in Brisbane c. 1/2 an hour after the Queen's passing.  The day will therefore be remembered with happiness on one hand and sadness on the other.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26433 on: September 10, 2022, 11:21:06 pm »
Really upset ... I accidentally trod on one of my hens yesterday, she is limping and I hope she comes right.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26434 on: September 12, 2022, 03:14:26 am »
Oh Marina, I hope she is ok.
We had a very big car run yesterday. We met and had a look at the wildflowers in that area, the drove up the coast with a couple of stops. Then returned to Guildford and went to Alfred’s Kitchen, a popular burger spot, for burgers and chips.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26435 on: September 12, 2022, 05:21:47 am »
How’s the chook going Marina?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26436 on: September 12, 2022, 05:32:20 am »
How’s the chook going Marina?
She seems OK, favouring one leg a bit but that hasn't stopped her racing the other hens when there is food on offer!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26437 on: September 12, 2022, 05:59:46 am »
That’s good to hear.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26438 on: September 12, 2022, 07:37:40 am »
We had a big weekend. Drove the twin cabin ute into get DS , fitted his trolley he made for Welding part of Rist . Now for a laugh .. he used his overnight bag to stop it moving on the tray ! I insit he tie it down , yes it moved and yes it poured rain .  DS had his Hockey dinner that we went to ( 200 came ) . It was great to see everyone and another season gone ! Sunday was not dull but I managed to get DS to mow , so I could see any snakes . I pulled weeds and my shoulders have been aching since . Watched lots of the late Queen programs and lots of old footage . So sad .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26439 on: September 12, 2022, 09:07:24 am »
Doesn’t DS know that Mum is always right K Atie LOL

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26440 on: September 13, 2022, 05:47:16 am »
Judy the grin on his face was priceless.
A beautiful spring day , just needs to be a little warmer so our friendly snake finds another home !!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26441 on: September 13, 2022, 01:04:29 pm »
After the fainting episode I drove DD to get her injection today. She was told to put her arm in a sling to help immobilise it for 48 hours. Hopefully it’s all fixed.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26442 on: September 13, 2022, 11:10:16 pm »
Just catching up. Thanks for all the news. Very sad about the Queen. What a woman. Feel for her family also.  Having to grieve in the publishers eye.
Still packing and packing. Did the most painful job yesterday. Decided which cooking books to keep and ones that must go. A neighbour’s brother is a second hand book dealer and will take what is left.  ( think I may have selected too many)
Met with the lift company at new house. Lift will go in corner of the garage and come up in a bed room. This room we will turn into study/ library.
Thinking of dairy subs for Judy’s Tim Tam balls. How about Tofu?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26443 on: September 14, 2022, 12:56:05 am »
That sounds like a good idea for the lift Chookie, would never have thought of the garage but it does makes sense. I hope they’re able to do it asap after settlement.

I have watched all that I can with the passing of the Queen, cannot take myself away from it unless I really do have to do something. A remarkable woman to the very end. I loved reading some of the stories that came into my FB feed and this is my favourite story that I’ll share with you all.

‘She could be engagingly down to earth. Her favourite activity during shooting parties was picking up the pheasants or grouse after they had been brought down. While at a shoot on a friend’s estate, a wounded cock pheasant flew out of a hedge straight at her, flapping and clawing, and knocked her down. There was blood on her clothing from the bird and a detective standing nearby feared she had been shot. He threw himself on top of her and began giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. “I consider we got to know each other rather well,” she said, and hired the man for her protection force.’

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26444 on: September 14, 2022, 01:03:33 am »
That sounds like a good idea for the lift Chookie, would never have thought of the garage but it does makes sense. I hope they’re able to do it asap after settlement.

I have watched all that I can with the passing of the Queen, cannot take myself away from it unless I really do have to do something. A remarkable woman to the very end. I loved reading some of the stories that came into my FB feed and this is my favourite story that I’ll share with you all.

‘She could be engagingly down to earth. Her favourite activity during shooting parties was picking up the pheasants or grouse after they had been brought down. While at a shoot on a friend’s estate, a wounded cock pheasant flew out of a hedge straight at her, flapping and clawing, and knocked her down. There was blood on her clothing from the bird and a detective standing nearby feared she had been shot. He threw himself on top of her and began giving her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. “I consider we got to know each other rather well,” she said, and hired the man for her protection force.’

That is a great story, Judy.

Silken or not quite firm tofu is also a possibility for those Tim Tam biscuits.  Thanks for thinking of that alternative, tofu had not occurred to me.