Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6078091 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8205 on: April 18, 2013, 02:26:01 am »
Enjoy your holiday Hally.
Working from home today - discovered that for the first time ever my data allowance is used up so internet is incredibly slow. Had to tether my phone to my laptop to download work emails, luckily had 1GB of data usage left on my phone. I suspect the culprit was my DD who was watching TV shows on her school iPad during the school holidays - should have kept a closer eye on my usage! Never mind, I've discovered it will only cost me an extra $2/mth to upgrade from 25gb to 200gb, so we won't have this problem again!
Kids are supposed to have cross country carnival today, but it's cold and wet here so hopefully they will cancel. DD9 has netball training tonight, not sure what to do about dinner.... since work is pretty quiet I might sneak into the kitchen and make some soup & bread rolls!
Melbourne, inner north

*suzanne*

« Reply #8206 on: April 18, 2013, 05:48:48 am »
Work this morning then came home to make some sushi for DS need to go to the op shop to find some tea cups and saucers for Lily's High Tea birthday party, they are really hard to find  :-))

mcmich

« Reply #8207 on: April 18, 2013, 06:49:21 am »
How gorgeous Suzanne. One of  the best parties my daughter now 26 had was when she was 7yrs old - an afternoon tea party and I used my Royal Albert, Old Country Roses tea set.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8208 on: April 18, 2013, 07:13:21 am »
I can't wait I think I'm more excited than she is I've bought all the decorations her invitations were delivered on Monday and we are only inviting 7 friends so it'll be 8 including Lily that way we can use the dining table and have it all set up.  we will also decorate a cupcake each

mcmich

« Reply #8209 on: April 18, 2013, 08:15:01 am »
Suzanne, that was the same for us. Eight including DD. It was the last time they came with braided hair, party dresses, patent leather shoes and lace around the top of their socks. We played pin the tail on the donkey, pass the parcel, all the old fashioned games.

You will look back on this with fond memories when she is a teenager and in leather when parties include really loud, thumping music and the girls eat nothing.

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #8210 on: April 18, 2013, 12:46:50 pm »
Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that I am still here...

Some of you may know that I've been training for a marathon... Well I completed it on Sunday! I did it! I can now call myself a marathoner, albeit a slow one :)

I would like to give a shoutout to Delightul Den, who's given me a lot of tips & encouragement.

I blogged about my marathon experience here www.rundhitrirun.com

xo
Dhitri

Offline dhitri

• View Profile
    • Thermie Love
« Reply #8211 on: April 18, 2013, 12:49:20 pm »
Oh and I am putting together a "Mix it May" challenge for myself! I want to try one new Thermomix recipe every day throughout the month of May. Pics will be posted on instagram, Twitter & FB with the hashtag #mixitmay :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:38 pm »
Congratulations Dhitri. A fabulous effort, well done.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: April 18, 2013, 02:29:32 pm »
You obviously like a challenge Dhitri, well done with the marathon and good luck with the TMX challenge you have set yourself.  It sounds like you will have to be very organised and do a menu plan.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: April 19, 2013, 12:27:34 am »
sounds great, well done on the marathon.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: April 19, 2013, 03:18:18 am »
Been doing birthday party prep here - wrapping pass the parcel and other prizes, making up treasure hunt clues.  Have made little calico "goodie bags" and decorating them is one of the activities.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: April 19, 2013, 04:01:30 am »
at work, looking forward to going home to cook. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #8217 on: April 19, 2013, 10:31:03 am »
I'm in bed trying to do as little as possible. I got a cold and the cough is killing me. I think it's developed to an infection so I might go and see a doctor tomorrow - or maybe I should drag my butt out of bed and go now.
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: April 19, 2013, 10:34:52 am »
Have a you tried the Vicks on the feet  trick yet Jadey?  Hope you're feeling better soon!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8219 on: April 19, 2013, 11:11:49 am »
Hope it passes quickly jadey and you feel better soon.
Hope the party goes well Jo. Love the treasure hint idea.
Grocery shopping and day with mum. Resting weary knee which has mysteriously swollen up for the second time in three weeks with no pain :(