Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037602 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26325 on: July 14, 2022, 12:18:15 pm »
I did my grocery shopping this morning.  We had unexpected visitors this afternoon, it was lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26326 on: July 16, 2022, 06:03:38 am »
A visit to the podiatrist this morning and then the supermarket shopping.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26327 on: July 16, 2022, 09:11:21 am »
This is not so much what I did today, as what I have been doing over the past two weeks.

It started off with our wedding anniversary = good; followed a day or two later by EOFY stock take = bad; a day or two later was my birthday = good; closely followed by the launch of our new web site = not sure!; immediately after was a four day conference = fun (sometimes); half way through the conference my niggling sore knee got excruciatingly sore so off to the GP who sent me to E&A at the local hospital to make sure I didn’t have DVT = BAD, but turned out to be Bursitis = not good, but not as bad as DVT (in the interim all the injured football players started arriving in A&E = don’t look Marina!); back to the conference next day = not so much fun but pain was less; next thing an eye infection so back to GP onto ointments then antibiotics (hoping like crazy they didn’t clash with the anti inflammatories I was on for the sore knee) = confused; went to the local optician today re. the eye and he gave me a heat mask said it was simply a blocked duct = relieved = I am now exhausted so calling it a day and going home!

PS  It all sounds way more dramatic than it was really, it was simply so many things happening together - I hope you have a good chuckle at my adventures.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26328 on: July 16, 2022, 09:49:51 am »
Marina you have been in the wars. I hope all your parts are healing well.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26329 on: July 16, 2022, 12:44:52 pm »
Sorry to hear you had so much go wrong at once during your very busy time Marina but at the end of the day you could still make it so funny to read. By the way, you are allowed to look at footballers, some are rather cute. Enjoy your weekend, try to relax if you can.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26330 on: July 17, 2022, 01:57:46 am »
Marina, what a stressful couple of weeks you have had, I am not surprised that you are feeling exhausted.  I hope all is well now and you have a quiet weekend.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26331 on: July 17, 2022, 05:37:15 am »
Marina what a week you have had .
We had a lovely time at Noosa this week , so good to be together wish it was longer . Rained the first day so reading and eating was the go . Out to dinner every night( much to DH horror) cocktails thank you DD , lots of seafood . Poke bowls and ice creams as always a hit . Beach days were ok but 19 was a little cold sitting on the beach but we enjoyed it . DH got itchy feet and drove us up to Marybourgh ( home of Mary Poppins I had no idea about this , saw where the floods had been amazing ) and  Gyimpy . Showed DS sugar cane growing . DD stayed behind that day and enjoyed the beach . Home yesterday to freezing cold , flight delays and over an hour waiting for luggage . DD caught an Uber an d we collected the car drove home late last night in wind and rain storms . So cold that we turned every heater up high . One pussy cat Fluffy the kitten to greet us . This morning Tommy the mother came back ! But young Jerry is not around, our big fat cat is absent . Our worker last saw him Friday so we can just cross our fingers he comes home , horse from calling him . Still sick there was a day I felt fine and down hill again , thus wanted to be away longer to get more warmth .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26332 on: July 17, 2022, 10:15:04 am »
It sounded like a good break K Atie but you obviously needed more if you were going to fully recover. Take it easy (easier said that done I know) for the next few days and things might improve. I hope puss comes back.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26333 on: July 17, 2022, 01:12:27 pm »
Yes Judy your so right . No sign of Jerry yet . Maybe his gone tomming , not sure if fixed boy cats still go tomming ?

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26334 on: July 17, 2022, 10:37:18 pm »
Good that you got a break K Atie, but back to normal now, though
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26335 on: July 18, 2022, 12:50:44 pm »
We went up to Northam today. It’s about 100km each way. Just a pleasant drive. We went to see the lawyers who wrote MIL’s will. It has some unusual terminology in it. They couldn’t really help much and have referred us to someone else. I’m glad the estate has to pay for it all.
It was a nice drive in the country.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26336 on: July 19, 2022, 05:34:28 am »
I have been trying to fix my printer for the last couple of days without any luck.  I rang my computer man this morning and he doesn't do printers and said it would probably cost more to repair than to buy a new one.  I'm not impressed as this one cost me quite a lot of money.  I'll make some more inquiries  but it doesn't look hopeful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26337 on: July 19, 2022, 06:49:56 am »
It's a real throw away society Mab. No one seems to want to fix things anymore.
We went out for coffee with friends this morning. It's always lovely to catch up.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26338 on: July 19, 2022, 08:52:43 am »
Margaret, could you ask about the printer at the place where it was purchased. The last one I bought was quite expensive too but I’m saving heaps on the ink and can print from the comfort of my arm chair. If and when I have trouble with it I will be speaking with Harvey Norman, hoping they could put me in touch with someone who fixes them.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26339 on: July 19, 2022, 02:58:41 pm »
Margret we had a lot of trouble with our printer but it was old . DS found a setting to trouble shot on it , basically with prompts it would do a print test looked like jargon but sometimes that fixed it , also turning it off at the wall helped . We had a canon and it was great till it stopped printing . DH brought an epsom but we haven’t tested it much to say if it’s good . All I know is it had huge ink bottles to put in .