Author Topic: Thermomix Mixed Berry Yoghurt Cake  (Read 9894 times)

Offline the annoyed thyroid

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
Thermomix Mixed Berry Yoghurt Cake
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:39:13 am »
Thermomix Mixed Berry Yoghurt Cake
Serves 8-10

Despite having a number of steps, this cake is  super easy and super quick to prepare and results in a cake that's light and fluffy as a berry cloud!

Ingredients
125g butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
150g raw  sugar
3 eggs
¾ cup (110g) self-raising flour
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
40g almonds
200g plain yogurt
1/3 cup (50g) frozen blueberries
1/3 cup (40g) frozen raspberries

How to
1. Preheat the oven to moderate (180°C). Grease a 20cm ring pan. (See TIP below.)
2. Mill the almonds for 8-10 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
3. Mill the sugar to caster sugar for 3 seconds on speed 9. Add the butter and vanilla to the TM bowl and mix for 1 minute  on speed 3.
4. Add eggs one at a time, with the blades running on speed 3. This will take about 1 minute.
5. Add 100g yoghurt and mix for 30 seconds  on speed 3.
6. Add half of the flours and half the almond meal and mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
7. Add the remaining 100g yoghurt and  mix for 30 seconds on speed 4.
8. Add the remaining flours and almond meal and mix for 30 seconds  on speed 4.
9. Spread the cake mixture into the prepared pan; sprinkle with the combined berries. Gently press berries into the top of the cake mixture.
10.Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked when tested. Stand the cake for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with sifted icing sugar, if desired.

Other info
Prep and cooking time:  55 minutes

TIP! This cake can be made a day ahead and it’s also freezer  friendly. For a lovely looking ring - make sure the tin is really well-greased and lightly flour the tin before pouring the mixture in.

Converted from: http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/food/cookbooks/786680/mixed-berry-yogurt-cake

member's comments

deedub - love it! Didn't have a ring tin so used a slightly bigger bundt tin, result is a bit of an odd shape but still tastes "delish", to quote the 9yo. Will definitely make again - love a recipe that uses ingredients I always have on hand, thank you!

Denzelmum - one third was gone in half an hour....  Took the rest to work to share.  Yummy and moist cake!  Thanks for sharing. Lots of good comments from work, maybe next time try to make on friand or muffin tin.  It's has friand texture.

Persistenttiger - Yum, made 18 cupcakes from this recipe. Only change was using 80g of natvia instead of sugar and used fresh strawberries (they were ripe and needed using) and some blueberries. Nice while warm but I can tell they will be even better tomorrow.

Aussie Brenda - I made a version of this misread the recipe and put in 150 of almonds I just threw it all in and whizzed it, left out the berries.  It was a but heavy and moist for me so I turned it into choc balls.  Like Rum balls.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:55:56 am by judydawn »
"Don't count the days, make the days count." Muhammad Ali

http://www.theannoyedthyroid.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Thermomix Mixed Berry Yoghurt Cake
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:42:59 am »
Nice recipe thanks Sam and I love the plates on which you present your cakes too  ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:18:32 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 10:01:51 am »
Nice recipe thanks Sam and I love the plates you present your cakes on too  ;D

Judy, you are too kind! I get almost all plates from Vinnies - I love them because they are all so individual. And the cake is pretty tasty too!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 11:19:53 am »
This sounds lovely, I would imagine that it is moist with the yoghurt in it too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:03:27 pm »
Have just printed this one off, too!!  It looks absolutely delightful, AT!  Really like the idea of "day before" and "freezer friendly"!!  thanks very much for posting the recipe! - That plate just sets it off beautifully, too!!

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:51:27 am »
Another one to add to the list of must make. :D  Love your plate.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 03:09:20 am »
Aww thanks guys! I've tried the day before and the freezer trick and they both work brilliantly. The plate is another choice purchase from Vinnies! This is a big favourite at home, and with the peeps at the office! Just be sure to grease the tin really well, and dust with some flour, shaking off the excess before putting the mixture in the tin to get the perfect ring shape!

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 06:32:58 am »
Made this today and love it! Didn't have a ring tin so used a slightly bigger bundt tin, result is a bit of an odd shape but still tastes "delish", to quote the 9yo. Will definitely make again - love a recipe that uses ingredients I always have on hand, thank you!
Melbourne, inner north

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 10:57:54 am »
Made this today and love it! Didn't have a ring tin so used a slightly bigger bundt tin, result is a bit of an odd shape but still tastes "delish", to quote the 9yo. Will definitely make again - love a recipe that uses ingredients I always have on hand, thank you!
Yay! So pleased you liked it! I keep wanting to try it in a bundt tin, but there just never looks enough mixture!

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 10:56:18 pm »
Made this last night, and one third is gone in half an hour....  Took the rest to work to share.  Yummy and moist cake!  Thanks for sharing.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 02:05:02 am »
Lots of good comments from work, maybe next time try to make on friand or muffin tin.  It's has friand texture.
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Persistenttiger

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 10:31:23 am »
Yum! Just made 18 cupcakes from this recipe. Only change was using 80g of natvia instead of sugar, and used fresh strawberries (they were ripe and needed using) and some blueberries. Nice while warm, but I can tell they will be even better tomorrow.

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 10:19:59 pm »
Yum! Just made 18 cupcakes from this recipe. Only change was using 80g of natvia instead of sugar, and used fresh strawberries (they were ripe and needed using) and some blueberries. Nice while warm, but I can tell they will be even better tomorrow.
Cupcakes! What a great idea! I'm so going to try that! Enjoy!

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 10:54:02 pm »
I made a version of this misread the recipe and put in 150 of almonds I just threw it all in and whizzed it, left out the berries.  It was a but heavy and moist for me so I turned it into choc balls.  Like Rum balls.