Author Topic: 3 days till Christmas and no menu yet!  (Read 7055 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: 3 days till Christmas and no menu yet!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 07:30:37 pm »
For the first time in countless years we are actually having a real Christmas lunch.  With just the two of us we never really bother - truth be told, we are usually so exhuasted by the time Xmas day rolls around that we simply can't be bothered.  But this year our very special neighbours have asked to join their family for lunch!  Aren't they lovely people and aren't we lucky having them!  Very much looking forward to Xmas day now.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 10:19:50 pm »
Indeed you are Marina, I know one family who are having 22 people to lunch this year - a few of them are not family members but people who would have been spending it on their own if it wasn't for some kindness shown by our friends.  Enjoy your day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 03:56:11 am »
That's lovely Marina, I hope you enjoy it. Before we shifted house we used to join with our neighbours for the evening meal. Everyone would bring a few leftovers and we'd have a drink and go home early to sleep it all off. We all lived together for 32 years. Nothing like that happens now, we know our neighbours well but no sharing yet. There is still hope, we've ownly been here 7 years. :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 04:40:59 am »
Thanks, Judy, we will certainly enjoy the day. 

Cookie, keep working on those neighbours - you'll wear them down one day!  We're blessed, we've only been living in our home for four years (weekends only at this stage) and with such good neighbours, it has been a great time.  The cemetary is just a kilometre or so down the road so they can cart me out in a black bag when my time comes and simply move me up the road a wee way!  It's comforting and nice to know where you're going to end up.

Sorry, this isn't meant to be morbid, I'm quite sanguine about the whole thing (especially as I'm not planning on going anywhere in a black bag for a very long time yet!)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 04:42:36 am by Cuilidh »
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 08:15:47 am »
Sounds ok to me.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/