Author Topic: USA Thermomix  (Read 78574 times)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: USA Thermomix
« Reply #135 on: October 11, 2017, 01:01:29 am »
You are not wrong there Gert.  This forum was the best thing that happened for TM31 users when there was nothing else but the original Thermomix cookbooks but now every man and his dog has put out a recipe book or a blog. Progress in electronic and social media is not always the best for everyone.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 11, 2017, 11:35:37 am »
I miss the “early days” when the TM31 was new and everyone was very helpful to each other. Without my TM I wouldn't have met such wonderful people who have become lifelong friends.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 11, 2017, 01:57:25 pm »
I miss the “early days” when the TM31 was new and everyone was very helpful to each other. Without my TM I wouldn't have met such wonderful people who have become lifelong friends.
So true Denise.
I honestly find that so many people seem to think that you buy a thermomix and you can cook. Some of the questions people ask are absolutely stupid. It is obvious that they have very little cooking experience behind them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 11, 2017, 07:40:50 pm »
I totally agree with all my friends on here.  I am a 31 user and lover.  When I first got my 31 several years ago I knew no one else with a thermomix who I could talk to and this forum was my saviour!  Without the help and support of everyone on here I don't think I would have ever progressed beyond the very basic - often useless - Every Day Cookbook.

I have never been tempted by the TM5 and, in fact when it was released here, I bought a second 31 when they were all being sold off cheap('ish) for the new model.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #139 on: October 11, 2017, 09:47:49 pm »
Thought I better have my say also!  What a community the early Forum was. So many helpful people willingly sharing info and recipes. Now, if you want recipes outside the Forum you are asked to pay for them.  I think this money grabbing culture is partly based in the Thermomix business model. The Cook key is the continuation of this philosophy.
Thermomix 5 or 31?  I have got used to the 5 now but like Gert hate the slowness. Also my machine has needed servicing twice already. The 31, once after 8 years.
I will continue to swim against the tide and post recipes free.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2017, 10:40:06 pm »
Like others I love my TM31.  Mine was a gift and came with no lessons so I was very happy to find this forum and all the helpful members.  I certainly wouln't have made half the recipes I do now without their generous help.  If I need a recipe I just search on here and usually find what I want.   I have no desire to change to a TM5 and love my TM31. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Azure111

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2017, 11:08:57 pm »
Judging from the responses here (Gertbysea and others), sounds like I really do need to keep my TM31.  Being in the USA, if it ever does break...I hope I will have access to someone who can repair it. 

As for the cookbooks, aside from the one I received with the machine...I have not bothered to buy any cookbooks.  In fact I have learned to adapt many of my existing recipes to the TM31.  I should start sharing some of them here.

Do the new cookbooks show instructions for both TM31 and TM5?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2017, 01:15:52 pm »
Most of the very new books are suited more for the 5 but can be done in the 31 too. If it can only be done in the 5 they usually say so.

We would love you to share some of your recipes with us Azure111
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/