Author Topic: Salmon Pasta  (Read 6039 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Salmon Pasta
« on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:10 pm »
Recipe for 4 people:

1700g water
1tsp salt
500g Penne pasta
500g frozen spinach
250g Wild salmon filet
1 small leek
1 medium onion
10g oil
200g cream
200g milk
200g sour cream
2 tsp vegetable stock (instant)
0.5 tsp salt
0.25 tsp pepper
0.5 tsp rosemary
0.5 tsp oregano
2 balls of Mozzarella

Method:

1.  Put the water and salt in the  *: and bring to the boil 10 min / varoma / speed 1

2.  Put the penne in 9 min / 100o/  :-: / speed 1  (according to the cooking time needed for your pasta - see the packet)

3.  In the meantime, oil an oven dish.  Clean the leek and cut into thin rings.  Peel the onion.  Take the defrosted salmon and spinach, and cut the salmon into finger width cubes.

4.  Drain the pasta and set to the side.

5.  Put the onion into the  *: and chop at speed 5.  Add the oil.  2 min / varoma / speed 1

6.  Add the milk, sour cream, leek, stock, salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano.  6 min /  :-: / speed 1

7.  Alternate layers of the pasta, spinach, salmon cubes and sauce in the oven dish, finishing with a pasta layer.

8.  Slice the mozzarella and place over the top.

9.  Place in a pre-heated oven 200oC for 45 mins to bake

This recipe is from MC Linda on www.wunderkessel.de, translated by me.  We made this tonight minus the leek (which I managed not to notice, I thought it was talking about salmon as I read it quickly (leek = lauch , salmon = lachs), and with peas in place as spinach as it's all I had to hand.  From the comments, others have used broccoli, so I suspect any green vegetable would work.  Apparently, even those who don't like spinach like it in this recipe.  I do like it, but didn't have any to hand.  I had salmon I'd steamed for another meal, so I put that in, and baked for 20 minutes instead.  This was a big hit with all of my family, and (in its original format) with the wunderkessel forum members.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Salmon Pasta
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:21:39 am »
It sounds great, thanks

LOL - I don't know how many times when interpreting quickly I make very similar errors.  Especially from Spanish, which I really don't speak at all. 

In Italian, when you cut the leeks into rounds - rotelle - the translator tells you to make wheelchairs !!(sedia a rotelle).

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.