Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124762 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23880 on: May 04, 2020, 07:55:13 am »
I love the idea of flavour bombs too. I will make up the one you mentioned Chookie.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23881 on: May 04, 2020, 11:58:31 am »
Another week of school on line learning at home !! Now DS had double study this am , he then had sport this arvo too ! Workouts on line !!
DD is prepping for an English SAC tomorrow.
DH and I did a lupin check that it is growing so fast . Lunch in the oven !  Kids are getting use to me saying serve it up and eat as I’m late getting back again .
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 10:38:56 pm by K Atie »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23882 on: May 04, 2020, 02:35:56 pm »
I love the idea of the flavour bomb too Chookie, so 1 bomb provides enough sauce for the meat?
Cookie, I had a good laugh at what DD did - did you pretend you didn’t know her?
Today I took a friend to Costco, thank goodness it has settled down there.  I needed to buy things as a thank you to the staff of the nursing home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23883 on: May 04, 2020, 11:38:41 pm »
Flavour Bomb as posted is enough for 4 large serves or about 1 k of meat.  ( for us probably 6 serves) I froze it in 2 separate little containers but would also be good frozen in plastic Zip lock Snack bags.  This mixture didn’t freeze hard but remained soft.
This one is a keeper and I will multiply the recipe by 4 , now that I have tested it.  It is so easy to just add to the meat without sorting through looking for the ingredients. 
I want people who use this idea to make flavours that they particularly like , using the Flavour Bombs as a base.  For example, black olives could be added to this first basic recipe. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23884 on: May 05, 2020, 12:15:53 am »
Chookie can you please post your Flavour Bomb recipe in Condiments & Sauces so that it’s easy to find.  Variations can be added as you trial new flavours.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23885 on: May 05, 2020, 06:56:48 am »
Flavour bombs sound like real time savers.

Made bread today that eventually came out of the tins. Half way through making soup and error C161 came up on the screen. I shut it down as asked, several times with no luck. Rang Head Office. They said it was a problem with the lid closing arms. They were very helpful sending me an email within minutes. Will have to be sent to Melbourne for a service.
So while it's being fixed I will cook the traditional way. Have been looking through the non TMX recipe section. Maybe will start a Herman the German friendship cake, if I can find somewhere warm to keep him.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23886 on: May 05, 2020, 07:19:13 am »
Will do Judy.
Michele, the service center in Melb is very good.  I’m surprised that there isn’t a service center in NSW.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23887 on: May 05, 2020, 08:22:23 am »
Thanks Chookie, it’s a great idea.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23888 on: May 05, 2020, 11:13:05 pm »
Michele, if you want to make bread using Forum recipes, most will work ok if instead of where it says to knead for 4 minutes,  you hand knead for a minimum of 20 kneads.  You can do this in the bowl you are mixing the dough in. 
Also, some baking tins stick.  The only remedy is to line the tin with baking paper.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23889 on: May 06, 2020, 08:41:14 am »
Michele, if you want to make bread using Forum recipes, most will work ok if instead of where it says to knead for 4 minutes,  you hand knead for a minimum of 20 kneads.  You can do this in the bowl you are mixing the dough in. 
Also, some baking tins stick.  The only remedy is to line the tin with baking paper.

Thanks Chookie. I might give it a go or wait until TMX comes back. DH and I don't really need to be eating so much bread. We will be the couple that need to widden the door to get out of the house.
If I want to make bread will make your Grandma's bread that uses mayo and cook it in the 4 x pie maker. Hopefully the new tin I purchased won't stick.

Head Office were very helpful. I had an email within minutes with the instructions of how to send TMX off for servicing. It is quite easy. They usually have a 10 day turn around, although Aus Post is struggling at the moment.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 08:47:41 am by mcmich »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23890 on: May 07, 2020, 04:15:31 am »
Oh that’s bad about your thermomix Mich. hopefully it won’t take too long with Australia Post.
I was laughing at DD Judy. I stayed close as she protected me then. If I had done it I would have been told “Mum you are embarrassing me!”

At 5 today we are going to be involved in a drive by 21st celebration. DH has prepared the old Ute.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23891 on: May 07, 2020, 06:03:55 am »
Ahhh, Cookie, that is so nice.
We had 2 deliveries today.  Chemist and Woolies.  It was the bad tempered man who came a couple of weeks ago.  He was ok today , carried all the bags up the stairs and even had a joke with Ral when RAL offered to get in the photo that they have to take of the delivered goods.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23892 on: May 07, 2020, 09:57:35 am »
Cookie, a drive by is good - a vintage drive by is extra special.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23893 on: May 07, 2020, 10:58:14 am »
How lovely that will be cookie, it will make for a very special birthday surprise.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23894 on: May 07, 2020, 11:10:56 pm »
Yesterday I spent the day experimenting with my second Flavour Bomb.  Where the Number 1 Bomb was simple, this one is more complex and has forced me to think outside the box.  Really quite exciting.  The vegetarian version was surprisingly very nice.  DD and GD are doing a taste test of this one for me. Will post when satisfied.