Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124645 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17520 on: April 05, 2015, 10:23:28 pm »
Gert, feel for you. A very difficult task.
Kimmyh, kids are so funny with money.  We gave the 2 GC who were with us before Easter $5 each for doing jobs. It was to be spent on anything they liked.  One said "you don't have to" , the little one said"that's not much."   however it took them  about 1/2 an hour to spend it in one of those junky $2 shops. They loved what they bought.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #17521 on: April 06, 2015, 01:46:47 am »
I love the $50 mixup that the tooth fairy made. Thats enough to start wobbling all the teeth out
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17522 on: April 06, 2015, 02:44:02 am »
Gert, it is indeed an emotive time for you. Lots of memories, both good and bad, and hopefully a few chuckles along the way. Thinking of you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #17523 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:18 am »
I'm just having a quick visit home from house sitting to pick up a few things I had forgotten.  Most importantly was Thermie.  I didn't realise just how much I used him until I didn't have him.

Also have had 2 GD staying out there with us and they go home today. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #17524 on: April 06, 2015, 05:05:17 am »
A bit of work in the garden this morning after a very windy 6k walk long the river.
DH made Pumpkin & Kale soup for lunch while I hung out washing. Quiet afternoon to follow.
Gert, one of the Qld orchestra's may be interested in all Ted's classical stuff. Hope you find a home for it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17525 on: April 06, 2015, 07:58:54 am »
Today we've been driving in country Victoria - drove through Creswick, stopped at Clumes to checkout the shops and have lunch at the bakery then onto Daylesford where we walked around the lake (well half of it).  Home for a coffee before catching up with an old family friend of SIL and going out to tea. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 12:32:28 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #17526 on: April 06, 2015, 10:06:00 am »
Spent nearly 2 hours peeling, cutting, steaming and freezing: 10kg potatoes, 4 large kumara and 1 pumpkin.  :o
then we took the girls out to the park for a while, :D then attended a dear old friend's funeral (she has just turned 93, used to look after DH when he was a little tacker!)  :'(
After all that was over, we were invited out to a friend's farm for a bbq tea......  ;D ;D

Quite a range of emotions for one day, and feel exhausted now.  ???
:D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17527 on: April 06, 2015, 11:46:45 am »
Judy you have certainly been out and about. It really sounds like fun.

Astarra it is amazing how emotions can really wear you out.

I did the ironing this morning and packed a few books into the new bookcases DH picked up for us at Bunnings. All our furniture is jarrah and these aren't. However they are tucked in a back bedroom and are holding many books.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #17528 on: April 06, 2015, 09:36:12 pm »
A bit of an emotional roller coaster ride CC but needs must. No one I know has any interest in classical music anything . A lifetime collection and as Ted was an Anglophile so much English music and history. I found a 1966 program from the 3 Choirs Festival that year in Worcester signed by Sir Adrian Boult . We met him on the train going up from London . It was our first anniversary nearly 50  years ago. He loved Elgar. . Lots of stuff I must listen to once more before sending it to others who may love it as he did.

Interesting weekend.

Gert

If you think I can help, Gert, let me know.  I will can ask around for you.  Going through this part of the mourning process is so very hard, just take your time over everything.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #17529 on: April 06, 2015, 09:38:52 pm »
reading all weekend,  back to work today.

gert take you time sorting things out. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17530 on: April 06, 2015, 10:25:14 pm »
[quote author=Cuilidh link=topic=10298.msg390797#msg390797 date=1428352572
If you think I can help, Gert, let me know.  I will can ask around for you.  Going through this part of the mourning process is so very hard, just take your time over everything.
[/quote]

Thanks Cuilidh.  One of our wonderful forum members put me in touch with a music teacher who has an interest so I packed  up the orchestral scores and DVDs to send to Melbourne. The many books on composers  may go elsewhere and the CDs I still have to go through. There are more than I will ever listen to again in my lifetime. I had to laugh at Ted as there are many repeat performances of the same  music with different conductors and orchestras. Only he could tell the differences. I will keep my favourites. I have found some that  I know I will never play again and that is a blessing, some that are pretty mundane and some are keepers.  If I listened to music all my waking hours I think it would take me years to listen to all of it.  May as well share the bounty.

I also culled over 100 books on Aviation history, Spike Milligan, History and The Goons.  My bookcase is looking pretty sad. Opportunity to paint it!  I also culled my fair share of cookbooks. The music books will be next. Will I ever read 12 books on Sir Edward Elgar again ?  If I never listen to or read another thing about Phillip Glass I will consider my self blessed.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17531 on: April 07, 2015, 05:27:19 am »
It doesn't sound like a big job Gert, it sounds mammoth.

This morning DH and I went looking at cars for me. I have chosen the make etc but I want red and apparently there are no red ones to be had for love or money.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17532 on: April 07, 2015, 09:00:17 am »
This morning DH and I went looking at cars for me. I have chosen the make etc but I want red and apparently there are no red ones to be had for love or money.  :'( :'( :'(

I had a Red VW Golf once Cookie.Loved the car,always knew where I parked it in a car park LOL.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17533 on: April 07, 2015, 09:08:25 am »
My very first car, way back in the 60‘s was bright red. In fact it's 'technical colour name' was Sunburn.
I'm after a sort of blokey car, that's what the dealer called it anyway, and he said boys don't like red. I told him girls do and they should order more next time.  :D :D

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #17534 on: April 07, 2015, 09:15:12 am »
Can't wait to hear more about the wicking beds Chookie, we love ours!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/