Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124729 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14070 on: April 26, 2014, 05:54:32 pm »
I agree with MF Denise.  Having met you I know what a wonderful person you are and this little boy was so lucky to have spent time with you and your loving family.  Hopefully what he learnt whilst being in your care will remain with him and he will cope with the permanent return to his own family.  Bravo Denise, I take my hat off to you.
I couldn't have put it better Judy.Denise you are a lovely lady with a very caring loving nature :-* :-* :-*

We took my DB and SIL to Henley-on-Thames for a pub lunch.Had a great meal while we watched people Sculling on the river.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:57:21 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #14071 on: April 26, 2014, 08:10:38 pm »
Have been painting skirting boards, window frames and doors - Even though I have minimalised so much in the past 12 months, moving things out of the way to paint, I've been asking myself, WHY ALL THE STUFF?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14072 on: April 27, 2014, 12:24:16 am »
It doesn't matter how much we get rid of Michele, there still seems to be too much 'stuff'. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14073 on: April 27, 2014, 11:54:18 am »
That's so true Judy as we got rid of lots of "stuff" when we moved into the home we just renovated but somehow there are still boxes of "stuff" that I "needed" but why? And where to put it all?  :o

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14074 on: April 27, 2014, 11:55:38 am »
Denise you have done a lovely job of helping your FS and his family. This is something that can never be replaced. I would think it will be only natural to feel emotionally torn as he leaves. Remember, you have all done a wonderful thing.

We spent the day at Whiteman Park. It was the Classic Car show and we took the old car along. I really enjoy it as there are 100's of cars there and it is lovely to be able to walk around and see them. To make it even better it rained.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:01:21 pm by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #14075 on: April 27, 2014, 12:05:51 pm »
Have been painting skirting boards, window frames and doors - Even though I have minimalised so much in the past 12 months, moving things out of the way to paint, I've been asking myself, WHY ALL THE STUFF?
Ditto mich. We are painting the whole house and I'm sick of moving things too. So it's declutter time. Trouble is our lounge now looks like a dumping zone.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #14076 on: April 27, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »
I'm sorry that he is leaving you Denise. I often think I would love to foster children. However husband isn't so keen and emotionally I bet it is tough.

Loved having the long weekend with DH home.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14077 on: April 27, 2014, 01:04:31 pm »
Having a wonderful weekend here in Melbourne with DH.
Went to Mrs Browns Boys performance this afternoon which was hilarious, followed by a fabulous dinner at George Colombaris's Hellenic Republic restaurant.
Food, service and ambiance amazing. The restaurant was buzzing and full of energy. Open kitchen was great to watch and the pastry chef invited me into the kitchen to give me his recipe for the dessert that I had as I had told the waitress to tell the chef that the dessert was delicious. Had a fabulous day. ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14078 on: April 27, 2014, 01:20:26 pm »
I often send compliments to the chef MF but I never get invited into his kitchen  ;D ;D  How exciting that must have been. I wonder if it's going to be a TMX creation  ;)

Gosh, I never know where you are - you flit about all over the place.  Sounds like a great weekend.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #14079 on: April 27, 2014, 01:20:56 pm »
Sounds fantastic, MF 😃😄

Verge collection scheduled for this week. Managed to throw out quite a fair bit of stuff. Felt good 😃 It was the sorting that was hard. Carrying out to verge was easy peasy with my troop on school holiday

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #14080 on: April 27, 2014, 01:21:53 pm »
You're right, Judy. I bumped into MF at Margaret River last year 😝

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14081 on: April 27, 2014, 01:35:05 pm »
Ha ha ....  ;D Actually we wanted to see Mrs Browns Boys when they were  in Perth but we were in NZ at the time so DH found out they were in Melbourne this weekend so I booked it as this weekend coincided with our friends leaving for the next leg of their australian  trip to Queensland. Worked out well as their flight on Friday was at 7.35am and ours to Melbourne at 8.15am so we all left for the airport together. A lovely surprise and great to be on our own and going home to renovations complete and life back to normal.  :D

Judy I actually asked the waitress if the dessert recipe was in George's Hellinic Republic cookbook which I have. She said she didn't know but would find out. She came  back and said it wasn't but said the pastry chef would be happy to give me the recipe and asked her to invite me into the kitchen. What a lovely young man who explained it step by step and then said that us "women" were without doubt better cooks than anyone in the kitchen as we cook real food and with love!!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:41:17 pm by Mama Fergie »

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #14082 on: April 27, 2014, 02:22:19 pm »
Wow! That young man is a rare breed. A mother's success story 😃

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14083 on: April 27, 2014, 02:28:59 pm »
I totally agree BZB he was delightful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #14084 on: April 27, 2014, 03:00:00 pm »
What lovely news on here.

Just very busy with lambing still, and getting over bugs.
Just off to top up 3 lambs and have started my first bread dough in ages. I must be getting better!