Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124727 times)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #13290 on: March 04, 2014, 09:54:57 am »
Great photo Gert. Did those two fellas in the background photo bomb you girls!
You can keep the pool Maddy, but dad will take the ducks off your hands and into his freezer 😛😊

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: March 04, 2014, 10:03:06 am »
Lovely meeting with you all again today. Hally i had to pop back to Myer ( call of nature before the long drive home), anyway they did have our machine, not sure if white but black on display.
Thanks for the photo ladies in Adelaide, we were too busy yaking for photos.
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13292 on: March 04, 2014, 10:14:28 am »
It was lovely to see Gert again and meet Sue, her friend from Sydney.  We had to work our meeting around what was going on for the girls at the writers' festival and what was supposed to be a quick meal in the Myer food court turned into a fine dining experience that we all enjoyed.  A popular restaurant, no seating left inside so we were outside under one of the umbrella's and even though it was in the low 30's today, it was just lovely out there on the sidewalk of a street that has been closed off to traffic to enable outdoor dining all along it.  Staff were very attentive, our interstate ladies were very impressed.

We then walked ourselves silly and ended up at the T2 shop where I was able to spend a Christmas voucher and Gert was impressed with the size of the store compared to hers in Cairns.  We parted ways, the girls went back to the writers' festival and I caught the wrong train home  :D  Not a problem though, I just stayed on it until it went back to a certain stop where I was able to catch mine - it just took a bit longer to get home than it should have.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Adelaide Gert.

It sounded like a nice catch up in Perth as well.
Nice to see Hally has weakened over an air fryer and has joined the rest of us  ;D  

Beautiful candles maddy.  Is it fun?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: March 04, 2014, 10:39:19 am »
Was lovely to meet up  Judy. Loved the restaurant and loved the company more. Great catch up in a beautiful,city .

Very tired now from the forced walk to Tea 2

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13294 on: March 04, 2014, 11:44:11 am »
Lovely photo Gert and Judy. Looked like you enjoyed it :)

I'm trying to limit dairy and gluten. My son has been suffering from psoriasis for 3 weeks now. It's horrible. In his hair, on his face, neck front and back. Waiting on a dermatologist appointment (18th march) but have also a naturopath booked for Monday. Thinking elimination diet gluten and dairy. So will be open to any ideas for recipes etc.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: March 04, 2014, 12:07:06 pm »
Inaid, your poor ds. My DB suffers psoriasis i hope you can find the trigger for him.  Has your AF returned?
Denise

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13296 on: March 04, 2014, 12:44:19 pm »
No :( they still haven't received it back. They said return process can take up to 30 days.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: March 04, 2014, 10:58:55 pm »
Great catch ups and photos too. thanks. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: March 05, 2014, 12:46:28 am »
Lovely photos Gert and great that you were able to catch up.

Nice to hear that the WA ladies had a good time too.

Our house is in chaos here today. We are having our bathroom altered at last and have a builder and plumber here at the moment.  Noisey and messy. :)

DD has also decided to visit for lunch with the two littlies.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #13299 on: March 05, 2014, 12:59:18 am »
Lovely photo Gert and Judy. Looked like you enjoyed it :)

I'm trying to limit dairy and gluten. My son has been suffering from psoriasis for 3 weeks now. It's horrible. In his hair, on his face, neck front and back. Waiting on a dermatologist appointment (18th march) but have also a naturopath booked for Monday. Thinking elimination diet gluten and dairy. So will be open to any ideas for recipes etc.

INAID - my DH has psoriasis. It is shocking stuff, dried skin ends up everywhere!! So itchy too apparently. :(
Miss4 gets it when she has dairy, (along with alot of other nasty symptoms.) And now the docs are wondering if she is also Coeliac. (Testing process about to start) so will be doing the same Gluten & Dairy Free for her if it is positive.
Mainly for DF I just use rice ,milk and nuttelex in the place of milk and butter in baking, not 100% sure how I will go adapting to GF as well tho.  :-\
She loves Amanda's fudge Brownie off here which is DF, and it works just subbing the plain flour for GF, so at least she will still be able to have that!!  :)
Sorry I can only give ideas for DF but wil be interested to see what answers you get too.  :)

Oh, Judy's potato bites from the vegetarian section are great too, I do them with nuttelex in place of the butter which made them DF and use Maddy's tweaks of the coating which is YUM! Think it would be a GF&DF recipe, but would need to check the garlic and onion powder ingreds to be sure.  :)
:D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: March 06, 2014, 05:25:25 am »
Have made chocolate & strawberry milkshake candles, topped with vanilla "ice cream"

& mini espresso candles

...have been cooking more wax than food lately  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: March 06, 2014, 05:27:29 am »
Wow!
When do you start selling?
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: March 06, 2014, 06:03:28 am »
Great Maddy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #13303 on: March 06, 2014, 06:35:18 am »
Gosh Maddy those candles are beautiful I actually thought they were real milkshakes  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: March 06, 2014, 07:56:41 am »
You'll run out of crockery soon maddy  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.