Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124759 times)

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12765 on: January 25, 2014, 10:56:52 pm »
Today is my "day off" so I am doing the back to school shop, lengthening the hems of DS's 3 pairs of school trousers (I think he has grown quite a few cms over the holidays), baking for lunch boxes, cleaning the bathrooms, washing the floors but most importantly trying to catch up here  ;D
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12766 on: January 25, 2014, 11:13:56 pm »
Today is my "day off" so I am doing the back to school shop, lengthening the hems of DS's 3 pairs of school trousers (I think he has grown quite a few cms over the holidays), baking for lunch boxes, cleaning the bathrooms, washing the floors but most importantly trying to catch up here  ;D

I'm doing the opposite today djinni, I have 2 more school dresses to shorten for GDs.  Have already done 5 dresses for the other girls plus general repairs.  I will be glad when they are all back at school and I can have a rest. :D

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

mcmich

« Reply #12767 on: January 26, 2014, 07:40:45 am »
Dijinni, Obbie and MAB - you have been very busy on this Australia Day.

The last of the guests left about 15 minutes ago from the BBQ. It has been a wonderful day, catching up with friends we didn't manage to see over Christmas and celebrating my DS and brother's birthdays that are coming up in the next couple of days.
The sun made an appearance and we did the backyard cricket thing.

Feel very blessed to live in such a wonderful country  :D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12768 on: January 26, 2014, 08:10:52 am »
Sounds like a wonderful day Michele, glad everyone enjoyed it. 

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12769 on: January 26, 2014, 08:55:34 am »
sounds great Michelle, about to rain here... more mowing tomorrow, cleaning Mums patio,

DH has found 2 flat pack cupboards for me that we forgot about, so they go up for more kitchen stuff on the deck.. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12770 on: January 26, 2014, 09:14:35 am »
Michele very pleased all went well and you had a great day. Do you have many leftovers?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12771 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:03 am »
Did you have much food left over Michele or did they all go home with doggie bags ;)  Glad it went well.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12772 on: January 26, 2014, 09:33:50 am »
It's was great to read that your BBQ was a success Michele. ;D
Good work girls on the alterations. ;D that's a job I always loathe especially taking up trousers.Pleased to hear the sun is shining for your weekend celebrations.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

mcmich

« Reply #12773 on: January 26, 2014, 08:53:42 pm »
There's always so much to do getting children back to school. Haven't had to do that for quite some years although this year I got to accompany youngest stepdaughter (the only one left at school) to purchase uniforms, she goes into year 11 and into the senior uniform. No alterations necessary thank goodness.

Clean-up and put away day here. There was lots of food left over and the majority was sent home with guests.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12774 on: January 26, 2014, 10:57:44 pm »
Had a fantastic Australia Day on the foreshore. Underwater treasure hunt, surf comps, greasy pole, beach cricket etc. fireworks at 8pm, band playing, great day :)

HHW
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12775 on: January 26, 2014, 11:04:53 pm »
We were going to watch the fireworks from the hill (only 40km's away from Perth city!) but I was belly up and snoring by 8pm last night, so I didn't see anything!

My weekend with my spotty horse was fun. He was amazing, and he hadn't forgotten what to do when we stepped into the mob of cows. He is definitely a star in my books!

Might do some lunchbox cooking today, feel like getting into the kitchen  :)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #12776 on: January 26, 2014, 11:46:02 pm »
I have a couple of extra kids here today, so lots of cooking to keep them fed.  But in between they are playing nicely and I have done some cleaning up - just little things that usually get left like a little stack of papers on the bench and stray items that just get chucked in a heap.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12777 on: January 27, 2014, 12:24:07 am »
sounds like everyone had a great Australia day :D we went to the sky show with 4 other families was lots of fun and my family are all still in bed ::)
out to dinner tonight so just doing some housework today and labeling more school stuff

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #12778 on: January 27, 2014, 01:24:51 am »
Hally, which part of the foreshore were you at?

We went to South Perth. No music there but fantastic view of the city skyline. We set up camp right on the water's edge.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12779 on: January 27, 2014, 05:43:31 am »
More cooking and baking, 3 extra kids today. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url