Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124719 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12570 on: January 13, 2014, 04:39:39 am »
CP, good on you. It worked!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #12571 on: January 13, 2014, 04:55:15 am »
Just seen the news, terrible fires here.

Taking cp down to the buffet breakfast at the crown for a treat :) total waste for me as I will have a latte. & toast, but its nice for him. Dh has left for work.

H :)

Glad to hear that your friends homes are all OK. Sad for the folk that have lost their homes.

Hally, that is a great thing to do with CP - I use to that with my DS he loved going out for breakfast. I had manicure and pedicure days with DD and still do and with my stepdaughters. I would love to have a mummy and Dano breakfast morning again but apparently DS doesn't eat breakfast now.  :-))

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12572 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:31 am »
Thanks mich, its nice to do,things together. He is still full, no,lunch he said :)

Well crown rang me back about 10 mins ago & decided to honour the voucher after I told them it was really bad customer service not too & Crown can afford to. They finally agreed!

Well done Cream Puff.

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #12573 on: January 13, 2014, 05:25:09 am »
Bit of a dilemma - I received 7 new cookbooks for Christmas - in keeping with my one in/one out rule I need to get rid of 7 cookbooks. I don't want to get rid of any more of my cookbooks  :'(  I lightened my load by well over 40 cookbooks last year and my entire collection of Donna Hay magazines Issues 1 - 70. So I went through my cookbooks yet again - I've found 2 to pass onto my DS's fiancée, a great a cook with meat, veg and salad but she doesn't cook cakes, muffins and biscuits from scratch and wants to learn.  ;D just 5 more to go - it's going to be tough. Having said that, there is no real reason to get rid of anything more. I have storage room to burn and have quite the minimalist home - that won't stay that way if I keep bringing stuff in and not taking anything out.  :-\

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #12574 on: January 13, 2014, 05:26:43 am »
Oooh dont get rid of anymore, you have space :)

Revolving bookcases work well too :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

mcmich

« Reply #12575 on: January 13, 2014, 05:30:20 am »
Thanks mich, its nice to do,things together. He is still full, no,lunch he said :)

Well crown rang me back about 10 mins ago & decided to honour the voucher after I told them it was really bad customer service not too & Crown can afford to. They finally agreed!

Well done Cream Puff.

:)

Good for you Hally and so they should.  :D

Robin's Kitchen isn't honouring their loyalty  points. I asked to use mine a couple of days ago and was told they were in receivership but do have a buyer that may or may not keep the same system going.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12576 on: January 13, 2014, 05:56:32 am »
Mich did you pay for the gift voucher on credit card? Sometimes you can get the money refunded and if you did its worth looking into
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12577 on: January 13, 2014, 05:57:20 am »
Good for you Hally, glad they had second thoughts.

Michele, I have to go through my cookbooks again and get rid of a few  also some heirloom sewing ones.  Can't be bothered today though  :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12578 on: January 13, 2014, 05:59:01 am »
These voucher and loyalty points can be a problem.  Robin's kitchen was a disaster when it announced the receivership before Christmas and  would not honour the vouchers people had just purchased. That is just what the receivers do. Lots of people lost their money.

Good on you Hally. I wonder if them may have extended the voucher if you had realised it before it had expired and asked nicely. These things really make me cranky.

You really have to think about buying a gift voucher these days. I figure that sometimes the gift is better then if the receiver doesn't like it they can exchange it or Re gift it.

Of course there is always Amazon and our fabulous POK? I doubt they will go out of business anytime soon.

CP I would be a rollin' that hoop down the street to nowhere!  Have another glass of instead.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12579 on: January 13, 2014, 06:02:01 am »
Michele be strong. Look at each book and  as yourself if you really really love it. ;D ;D  :-)) :-))

Having empty space is no good reason to fill it . I love empty spaces and consider them a work of art.  I especially love empty drawers.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #12580 on: January 13, 2014, 06:10:54 am »
Next time you head West Gert, you can clean out some of my drawers, I would love empty drawers! Lol
Hmm need to cull some cookbooks also.

mcmich

« Reply #12581 on: January 13, 2014, 06:19:19 am »

You really have to think about buying a gift voucher these days. I figure that sometimes the gift is better then if the receiver doesn't like it they can exchange it or Re gift it.

That would be my choice Gert.

CP I would be a rollin' that hoop down the street to nowhere!  Have another glass of instead.

;D ;D ;D

Michele be strong. Look at each book and  as yourself if you really really love it. ;D ;D  :-)) :-))

Having empty space is no good reason to fill it . I love empty spaces and consider them a work of art.  I especially love empty drawers.

Gert

Absolutely Gert. I love empty spaces too. I asked the kids and stepkids for recent photos of themselves to put on the hallstand that DH purchased to fill an empty wall  :-)) but instead they bought me cookbooks. Will give them gift exemption vouchers for my birthday and set up a table where they can take things home from my excess.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:41:09 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12582 on: January 13, 2014, 06:50:05 am »
I've never heard of Robin's Kitchen  ???

Gert, I finally have an empty drawer in one of my tallboys in the bedroom - I was pretty excited about that.  As you get older minimising becomes more important I think, we have plenty of things that never get used so why clutter the house with them.

Cookbooks are hard to part with and Michele you made a great effort last year so just hang loose for a while on that one. You now have somewhere to pass them onto though with DS setting up home so you can always borrow them back if you wanted to.

Good to hear Crown came good on the voucher Hally.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #12583 on: January 13, 2014, 06:56:24 am »

Cookbooks are hard to part with and Michele you made a great effort last year so just hang loose for a while on that one. You now have somewhere to pass them onto though with DS setting up home so you can always borrow them back if you wanted to.

Good idea JD, there is always an opportunity in the future to pass on the books I don't cook from.  ;D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12584 on: January 13, 2014, 06:57:19 am »
For Christmas I gave each of my GD's a gift voucher for a facial each.  Instead of buying the vouchers and waiting until they were ready to use them I printed some out on the computer and when they are all ready I will go and book them all in.  This way if there is a problem with the beauty salon I won't lose any money.

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.