Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124674 times)

mcmich

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12480 on: January 07, 2014, 11:28:04 pm »
That's a shame Jo. Borrow DH's car.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: January 08, 2014, 01:19:31 am »
Hope the job goes well Mandi.

Jess, love the sheep :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: January 08, 2014, 04:33:26 am »
Day off today, and kids back home from grandma's. Went to council to get parking permit as our street now has 2hr limit - fantastic, no more bl#%^y commuters taking up all the residents' parking spaces! Then did a bit of shopping, DD needed a present for a friend. Postie tried to deliver new ICM while we were out, bummer! Got my haircut after lunch, popped into PO and yay! parcel was there, now looking up ice cream recipes :). About to take kids & dog for a walk, lovely day here today.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: January 08, 2014, 04:58:41 am »
Great shopping, I had time off, and went home just to chill.
Left the kids home again today, like Monday. they love it.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: January 08, 2014, 10:08:37 am »
We took the Mitsubishi Challenger for a test drive this morning and liked it so much we bought it.  Didn't trade in the trusty old Nissan Patrol as they wouldn't give us much for it as a trade in.  We already have someone interested in buying it so we will see what they think of it.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: January 08, 2014, 10:14:19 am »
That's good news Margaret ;D What colour is it ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: January 08, 2014, 10:55:18 am »
Good one MAB.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12487 on: January 08, 2014, 10:58:43 am »
wonderful Mab,  that's always my first question to cc ::)

yesterday we went to the movies and saw frozen a terrific movie and the kids loved it Lily had every emotion possible she laughed, cried,  jumped in fear, danced to the songs (its quite a musical movie) and as we were walking out she had the biggest smile and said it was the best movie ever (until the next one anyway ) not often a movie does this :D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: January 08, 2014, 11:29:55 am »
Great news Mab. Congratulations. Fingers crossed you sell your old car.
I want to see the movie Suzanne. It looks very funny. DH6 is like Lily with just about every movie he watches. Usually says he wants to go home or turn it off, only to watch it out in the end and say he loved it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: January 08, 2014, 02:22:05 pm »
I think one of the worst things a salesman can do is ignore the real person he needs to sell to. They need to work it out. Quite often its the silent person who stands in the background and doesn't ask any questions that is the one who is going to influence the final decision. The salesman may also be a sexist and think they are selling to the male because he holds the purse strings or its a supposedly male item eg car, lawnmower. The rest don't listen with their ears and are only interested in the sound of their own voice
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: January 08, 2014, 08:24:52 pm »
LOL CP.
Too true.

More woodstaining today, and trying to use photocopier, it kept getting a paper jam! Gave up in the end. I'd been given a diary template from another b and b and was trying to copy them. Went through local events putting in ordinary diary for the year. Still have to put the school holidays and half terms in now, this all helps with bookings when we get going.
Put second undercoat on mdf bath panel too.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: January 08, 2014, 08:48:43 pm »
I think one of the worst things a salesman can do is ignore the real person he needs to sell to. They need to work it out. Quite often its the silent person who stands in the background and doesn't ask any questions that is the one who is going to influence the final decision. The salesman may also be a sexist and think they are selling to the male because he holds the purse strings or its a supposedly male item eg car, lawnmower. The rest don't listen with their ears and are only interested in the sound of their own voice

Too true CP
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: January 08, 2014, 09:08:22 pm »
Very true CP and it has cost some many a sale

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: January 08, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »
Exactly CP!

Yay Mab, you'll love it  :)

There is light at the end of the tunnel DJ, keep going!

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12494 on: January 08, 2014, 11:10:13 pm »
That's good news Margaret ;D What colour is it ;)

The car is white CC

As I said before DH had gone to look at the car the afternoon before dressed in his old knock about home clothes and the older salesmen just sat in their office and didn't bother to come out.

You know the old story, he's only an old codger and  just filling in time.  Well a young fellow came out and couldn't be more helpful.  He answered all DH's questions and was very pleasant.

So yesterday when we went dressed in our better clothes out comes one of the older salesmen.  DH just said I would like to the young man who was so helpful yesterday.  Well the look on the guys face was worth seeing an I thought serves you right mate.

We may not be rich and we may not always be dressed to kill but sometimes you just can't tell who will buy and who won't.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.