Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124653 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #12255 on: December 28, 2013, 09:36:01 pm »
Glad your ok CP. where where the kids...

Love reflexology.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #12256 on: December 28, 2013, 10:07:08 pm »
CP glad you are ok did the kids leave the garage open or you. You do get forgetful after a certain age  :D lucky they didn't steal a certain SS present  :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #12257 on: December 28, 2013, 10:16:49 pm »
Took my very large bedspread to the local laundromat for a wash as it wouldn't fit in my washing machine.  It cost me $11 to use the machine :o  I have never been to a laundromat before so guess I won't be going again any time soon.

Holy cow  :o  I planned to do all our comforters the next hot day we get....forget the spare change jar it looks like  :-\
Our comforter is a king size, so that's the only way I can wash it too....I won't get it dry cleaned as I can't stand/or like the smell of the chemicals used.

Well my little man has gone on a fishing & camping adventure with his mate, his Dad & Grandpa for a couple of days at Glenelg River.....gosh it's so quiet without him....and I really miss him....but he will be having the time of his life!....so, I have been on a cleaning & gardening bender  :-\  not as much fun as camping though.
Hubby hoping to get all the hay by the end of next week, so he can have some time off & we can get away....he's looking at caravans again  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #12258 on: December 29, 2013, 12:11:24 am »
CP I left the front door wide open when. DS was about a month old - totally sleep deprived.  Cannot believe nothing was stolen!

We are off to Lion King tonight 😃😃😃

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12259 on: December 29, 2013, 01:03:04 am »
The water was dark brownish (liver) with a bit of red (joints), and bubbling (yeast). There was lots of junk in it.  Apart from my aching back, which feels like a "good ache" I feel fabulous. I'll drink bucket loads of water and do it again in a couple of weeks.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12260 on: December 29, 2013, 02:34:05 am »
Gosh CP, so glad you are okay

Hopefully Maddy you will be able to take some time away

mcmich

« Reply #12261 on: December 29, 2013, 03:45:47 am »
Hope you have time to get away Maddy.

We have arrived in Coffs Harbour. Lovely drive, stopped at Nambucca Heads for lunch and will head out to have a bit of look at the town shortly.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12262 on: December 29, 2013, 04:48:17 am »
Great gift that I'm sure will be put to good use for many years to come.  I think I'm now officially the last person on earth without a dishwasher 😀

No Kimmy. We can be last together. I've been married to my dishwasher for 41 years and had him washing dishes for 45. Pretty good dishwasher life.  ;) ;) ;)

CP what a scare. Thank goodness everything was ok. It would have ruined all the relaxation.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #12263 on: December 29, 2013, 05:48:24 am »
Great gift that I'm sure will be put to good use for many years to come.  I think I'm now officially the last person on earth without a dishwasher
I can join you Kimmy, haven't got one either!

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #12264 on: December 29, 2013, 06:46:25 am »
Went to the beach this morning with my friend and our horses. Had fun til I tried to get on and promptly fell off...in the water. A rather un-lady-like dismount, (but the softest one I've ever had!)  and I came up spluttering, my funny horse just standing there looking at me floundering around!  :o

He was a bit sparky as the waves were oh so scary! I did think I was going to get tossed off again, but he calmed down ... after jogging chest deep in water for about 100 metres with me on his back - he figured it was going to easier to behave  ;D Smart boy!

Now cleaning out a cupboard or 2 (found things I had no idea were there!) 40 outside, so inside jobs in the aircon today  :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #12265 on: December 29, 2013, 09:10:52 am »
Great gift that I'm sure will be put to good use for many years to come.  I think I'm now officially the last person on earth without a dishwasher 😀

No Kimmy. We can be last together. I've been married to my dishwasher for 41 years and had him washing dishes for 45. Pretty good dishwasher life.  ;) ;) ;)

CP what a scare. Thank goodness everything was ok. It would have ruined all the relaxation.
Great gift that I'm sure will be put to good use for many years to come.  I think I'm now officially the last person on earth without a dishwasher
I can join you Kimmy, haven't got one either!
Well I don't feel so bad now. Thanks girls, I can last a little longer. Cookie, I'm the dishwasher in my house......clearly I married the wrong model 😉😄

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #12266 on: December 29, 2013, 10:09:52 am »
LOL Kimmy H....
I could not be without a DW....... It can run several times a day with everything in it. All equipment needs to be DW proof with only very few exceptions.... LOL

Take care Nikkit.... At least the landing was..... WET

I just found all the threads about the cook book and author I got for Christmas... I must have missed that furore first time round, or forgotten. It's still a great book. I am loving it.

Going to make Amanda's cinnamon cake today though.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #12267 on: December 29, 2013, 11:22:23 am »
No dishwasher for me either.  I would like one but don't really need one with just the two of us.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #12268 on: December 29, 2013, 12:38:00 pm »
I was happy washing dishes previously. However i don't think the in laws were lol. And I must say clean up is so much quicker now!

Lol Nikkit. Sounds like a perfect day :)

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #12269 on: December 29, 2013, 01:36:12 pm »
Glad you found the house as you left it CP but still very scary as anything could have happened.  So glad all was ok.

We drove down to Margaret river today and just back in from dinner at the hotel. Normally come down Boxing Day but as our GD has been working for 12 days straight and missed Christmas with all of us we had a big family dinner for her last night at a local beach side restaurant.
She was thrilled as she has missed 3 consecutive Christmas family functions as that's obviously a busy time in the restaurant.

DH and I feeling much better now after a horrendous 10 days of feeling tired and gastro.  Relaxing here till Thursday then home for another family function on Friday.
I have missed the forum and have loads to catch up on. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas