Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124747 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11445 on: November 12, 2013, 09:51:46 am »
Some grocery shopping this morning and then some Christmas shopping in the afternoon.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: November 12, 2013, 09:05:40 pm »
Ha ha 16 to 19 is quite warm. Am sure CC will agree.  ;D
I agree :D :D :D

I agree too - yesterday was 14 degrees here, and I spent the day outside watching DS's school athletics.  Poor little kids having to do so much sitting and waiting in that weather! 

Life just seems really hectic lately - not enough time to do work, washing, cleaning, baking.  And it probably won't slow down until after Xmas really! 

Off to the gym and the office now, so hopefully I'll get caught up on some of the paperwork at least, and the washing will be here when I get home... ;)
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: November 12, 2013, 10:18:13 pm »
at work nice and early :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: November 12, 2013, 10:59:20 pm »
Pleased you are having a great time cookie, despite this terrible weather. Yummy high tea.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: November 13, 2013, 03:22:11 am »
It's DH's birthday today and the family are taking us out to dinner, so I have just finished shortening the sleeves on a jacket that I want to wear.  It's a pain in the butt when you are built on the short side and everything is too long. :D
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: November 13, 2013, 04:00:08 am »
Know what you mean Margaret.  Have a great night out, happy birthday to your DH.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: November 13, 2013, 04:27:18 am »
Totally opposite here Mab19.

I'm 6'1" with long arms as well and it is a pain in the butt when everything it too short! And nothing is made with a decent hem - so I can't even lengthen anything!

I hate it when I try on "longer length" pants here and they still don't make it to my ankles! Do you know how many shop assistants in boutiques say "daahling, those pants look deevine on you" when clearly you can see my ankles and a good part of my calf as well? I say "yes deeeaaar, I just love the look of these pants,  although I'm not too sure if I should invite my ankles up, oooorrrr should I invite the pants down for a party. Hmmm looks like neither is going to be friends any time soon, so I'll just have to give them back to you and say no thanks"!
 ;D ;D ;D
I get my jeans from the USA, they make good long ones over there and they come down past my ankles! (Yay!!)  And I get competition shirts from there as well as they have longer sleeves, so my wrists are well and truly covered as opposed to half my arm sticking out and me looking a bit dorky!

Don't get me started on shoe sizes. I'd love to have size 8 or 9 feet where I could walk into a store and buy something off the shelf. Instead my flippers vary from size 11-12 and that means there's some pretty glam shoes available I can tell you!
And I am sure the Chinese have small size 11's as I can't get my hoof into anything they make...which limits me considerably.

Have a great night out!  :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: November 13, 2013, 05:55:52 am »
Nikkit you can find shoes here.http://www.ts14plus.com.au/SHOES.htm  Also the clothes at TS are  not just for our larger ladies like myself but they are for tall thin. No horse riding gear though .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: November 13, 2013, 09:31:34 am »
Nikkit I will save the 6 inches I cut off all mine for you to sew decoratively onto yours.  :D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: November 13, 2013, 09:40:02 am »
Nikkit I will save the 6 inches I cut off all mine for you to sew decoratively onto yours.  :D
Lol
Your too generous cookie!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: November 13, 2013, 10:51:39 am »
Sure am.....giving my off cuts away.  :D ;D ;D :D

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: November 13, 2013, 10:58:48 am »
LOL...... That's why I stock up on jeans in Asia cookie as I am 'normal'  there and no need for cutting. ;D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: November 13, 2013, 10:24:34 pm »
Ooohhhhh Gert. I really wish you didn't show me that site. Looks like I may just have to go shopping... ;D (all stocked up on jeans and shirts after my last shopping expedition online, so I'm good there.)
I'm not tall and thin, just tall and err...well built! And yes I have shopped at TS before. Love their clothes. Don't know why I didn't think to look online for them before.

Ah Cookie - oh so generous! Could start a new trend here couldn't we?  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: November 14, 2013, 06:26:34 am »
MF you are very lucky to get your jeans overseas. I am definitely the wrong shape. Very cuddly would go toward describing it. Especially after a week in Melbourne.  :D

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: November 14, 2013, 02:13:29 pm »
Nikkit, any tips on USA sites or  brands of jeans for tall girls. My youngest dd is 6ft and finds buying pants difficult or extremely expensive.
Denise