Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124718 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11175 on: October 23, 2013, 04:59:28 am »
I've got frocks and love to dress up but it's so cold and wet here today that really don't want to get changed from what I'm wearing at work which was more for comfort today after a very early workshop. There is probably a chance I could fall asleep either during the mass or the dinner (or both) and with another early start tomorrow a late night isn't going to be good.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #11176 on: October 23, 2013, 06:31:58 am »
We are at MONA in Hobart. Absolutely stunning . Cannot use Tapatalk so fat with 4G but will try later. One of the most amazing places I have ever been and am taking a short break taking in the view as the art  works can be overwhelming .  This place needs a couple of visits to view it all .

Gert

I've been to Mona twice Gert and still haven't seen it all. The bar on the bottom level is pretty good too 😀😀😀
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11177 on: October 23, 2013, 08:29:57 am »
That could be why you haven't seen much more of MONA Jen, that darn bar keeps getting in the way  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #11178 on: October 23, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »
Popped out for soup lunch at farm shop down the road.
Saw where DD has part time work.
Took dog out extra times on lead.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #11179 on: October 23, 2013, 10:13:23 pm »
DS's turn for chicken pox!  So I'm working at home today.  So far the spots are still just showing up and he's not very bothered, although he is a LOT quieter than usual (thank goodness - his "usual" is extremely loud LOL).
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Lucyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #11180 on: October 24, 2013, 12:12:28 am »
Off to the Stitches and Craft show at Caulfield race track today then back home to work on a silk bow tie quilt for a wedding in November.
Chief cook and bottle washer

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11181 on: October 24, 2013, 07:18:15 am »
I hope you had a good time the craft show Lucyluu.We would love to see the Bow Tie when it's finished ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11182 on: October 24, 2013, 08:14:23 am »
Ive made a Chookie's loaf of bread, A CP grain bread and have a sort of fruit brioche rising that I will make into baby ones. A very enjoyable day.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11183 on: October 24, 2013, 08:50:00 am »
How did the burghul bread go cookie?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11184 on: October 24, 2013, 10:38:17 am »
Lovely flavour and cooked right through. It didnt rise much in the oven though. How does yours go? Perhaps I should put it in a smaller tin.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11185 on: October 24, 2013, 10:55:07 am »
Off to the Stitches and Craft show at Caulfield race track today then back home to work on a silk bow tie quilt for a wedding in November.

Lucyluu, I went to the show today with a friend too.  We were a bit disappointed with it, it was nothing like it used to be.  What did you think of it?  We could have met up and had a cuppa. :D
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11186 on: October 24, 2013, 11:58:42 am »
I have 2 bread tins. One is a "normal" size that you would cook say a date & walnut loaf in - thats the one I normally use for this recipe. My other "big" tin is probably the same size as yours and is a more recent purchase but I don't use it that often.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #11187 on: October 24, 2013, 01:05:18 pm »
Seem to be having the week from hell. I've been sick, DD home sick yesterday, went to work today only to get call from school that DD still sick (nothing to worry about, just feeling a bit poorly), raced to school, her class not there they've gone to French class in another building. Thought I'd collect other DD as well, her class not there, office says they're at swimming lesson, won't be back until 3pm, I've got a 3 hr conf call starting at 3pm aargh! Collected sick DD, went home, called after school care to pass on message to other DD that her sister won't be there, dumped 'sick' one in front of TV, did conf call, collected other DD. Got text message about funeral service for DD's friend's dad, it's Monday morning, already missed work in new job due to sickness so debating whether I should go or not. Service is at same place we had my partners funeral so not keen, but if DD wants to be there I'll suck it up.
Going to a wedding in Barossa valley on Saturday, still need to find shoes, wrap pressie, pack, tidy house for housesitter, and buy groceries so we don't come home to empty pantry on Sunday night.
Phew! Feel better now that I've had a vent - should delete this post, sounds like a pity party!
Melbourne, inner north

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11188 on: October 24, 2013, 01:14:21 pm »
oh deedub if it doesn't rain it pours it's good to get it out love and hugs to you xx

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #11189 on: October 24, 2013, 01:15:22 pm »
Oh, deedub, you are having a bad week alright. Don't delete you post - sometimes it helps just to vent a little, and we all understand.
I hope you get everything done tomorrow so that you can enjoy your wedding and weekend away.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous