Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124698 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10770 on: September 21, 2013, 10:10:50 pm »
Lovely car...

Guess who was the hooligan in dog classes....... We did better in the garden than the hall.
I need to work on my timing too. It's gonna be a long road but I am very determined.
Very warm here, lovely weather for the equinox.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10771 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:14 pm »
Did i mention DH bought another old car..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #10772 on: September 22, 2013, 12:49:38 am »
Cookie the car looks amazing. It's always windy down there.
Was that at the point where the 2 oceans meet?

What kind of car did DH buy this time Robyn?

Keep up the good work with your "hooligan" DJ. You will get the better of him in the end  :D

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10773 on: September 22, 2013, 01:01:28 am »
Guess who was the hooligan in dog classes.......

LOL, oh dear...were you getting disapproving looks from the others?  :P it's like having "that" naughty child in the supermarket, doing the dying fly tantrum on the floor

Football presentations Friday night, Party last night, looking forward to catching up on stuff here today....probably not much point as 2 weeks of school hols. undoes all that you do  :-\

Enjoy the ride Cookie...a relo had a batman car, and as kids we loved to ride in it, as everyone would stare, and we thought we were so cool  :P
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 01:06:13 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10774 on: September 22, 2013, 01:09:24 am »
HD holden  :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10775 on: September 22, 2013, 01:16:25 am »
HD isn't bad Robyn. I can easily remember those. In fact the first big do DH and I went to he borrowed his Dad's HR which is very similar to the HD.

Well it poured last night but DH is determined to take the car out on the run today. I don't think it will be 260km long though. I have a garbage bag to put myself in if it is too wet!
Yes Gert we got lots of toots and waves. Sadly there are only about 6 Model A's here as with the awful weather most people bought their "moderns". Dumb name for new cars but that is what they say. It was an long run for the old car, a couple of people even drove theirs down from Perth on Friday.
Next year it will be the real deal and we will be here for a week. So far we have xpressions of interest from 180 cars. Not all will come. We are hoping for a few from New Zealand and possibly a couple from USA.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10776 on: September 22, 2013, 01:25:46 am »
Don't forget to cut a hole in the bag for your head cookie, we don't want to lose you  ;D

DJ, I'd loved to have seen what your doggie got up to.

A friend told me a story about her son taking his dog to training.  At one stage they had to swap dogs and he was giving the order to 'sit' to this dachshund (sausage dog to some of us).  He kept saying 'sit' and in the end the owner who was right behind him said 'he is sitting'  :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10777 on: September 22, 2013, 01:28:11 am »
HD isn't bad Robyn. I can easily remember those. In fact the first big do DH and I went to he borrowed his Dad's HR which is very similar to the HD.

Well it poured last night but DH is determined to take the car out on the run today. I don't think it will be 260km long though. I have a garbage bag to put myself in if it is too wet!
Yes Gert we got lots of toots and waves. Sadly there are only about 6 Model A's here as with the awful weather most people bought their "moderns". Dumb name for new cars but that is what they say. It was an long run for the old car, a couple of people even drove theirs down from Perth on Friday.
Next year it will be the real deal and we will be here for a week. So far we have xpressions of interest from 180 cars. Not all will come. We are hoping for a few from New Zealand and possibly a couple from USA.

Anyone need a driver?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10778 on: September 22, 2013, 04:28:33 am »
Yes cookie we have a HR too

[/url

mcmich

« Reply #10779 on: September 22, 2013, 10:00:58 am »
A lovely day in The Valley with DH and friends.
Doesn't matter how many times I go there (often to get cheese & wine) I find something new every time.  :D

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10780 on: September 22, 2013, 10:04:42 am »
That is sooooo funny JD!
He squeaked and pulled and lunged and just made a fuss. I was sooo tired after, like I'd been run over.

It is a bit difficult to do just now as we are not in the kitchen and he's not allowed in the drawing room so he is a bit cut off from us. I will persevere. Anyway must dash out now with him.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10781 on: September 22, 2013, 10:08:22 am »
Your day sounds lovely Mich.
we had another day driving around this part of the world. It rained today so we had to rug up in the car. I would have loved to,stop off in one of the winery's for a small tipple but not possible. Next year we are going to have a bus to take people to the winery.
I needed my orange rubbish bag Judy but I tore the hole in the other end for my head. Some joker would have kept pulling the drawstring if I had put that part round my head.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #10782 on: September 22, 2013, 01:16:04 pm »
Had a lovely relaxing day by the pool. The sun was shining and DH made lunch for both of us. I just lounged around all afternoon and read. Bliss!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10783 on: September 22, 2013, 01:47:48 pm »
That sounds lovely Courton.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10784 on: September 22, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »
Had a lovely relaxing day by the pool. The sun was shining and DH made lunch for both of us. I just lounged around all afternoon and read. Bliss!

Sounds lovely. ;D

We fetched more sheep, and did lots of washing. >:( can't wait for the house to be finished. 2 to 3 months then the decorating....