Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124763 times)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10350 on: August 19, 2013, 12:25:44 pm »
Enjoy your holiday and the warmth Deedub and girls.

What a lovely gesture Gert!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10351 on: August 19, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »
And you have wi fi.  The place you are staying is great with a  gorgeous heated pool in an excellent location.  Please check on the Yorkeys Knob Boating club for the free bus at  lunch time as you get the tour included.  I forgot to tell you the zoo has crocs I think. May be cheaper than Hartleys.

Relax and enjoy.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #10352 on: August 19, 2013, 01:57:30 pm »
Oooh a holiday in the sun! Jealous.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10353 on: August 19, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »
So nice Gert,looks yum to me.
Have a lovely sunny holiday deedub.
Denise

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10354 on: August 19, 2013, 02:40:50 pm »
The PINK concert was beyond amazing!!!   I've been to some big concerts, but she blows them all away  8)....would love to find some tickets & see her again!

At the last minute we decided to stay the night in Melbs. at the Crown Metropol....sigh....didn't want to come back home  :P
Would love to take the kids next time as they'd adore the high rise pool....hotel was gorgeous  8)

Did manage to get to "the works" in Hawthorn... 8)....probably a good thing Mr. maddy with me....I could have gone a little over board otherwise  ;D...skipped Costco as we just couldn't be bothered!

The girl who wanted me to make a cupcake tower for her wedding  only contacted me today about it......I was miffed that someone would leave it this late to organise something....it's under 3 weeks away   :-\.  She had no clue what she wanted, no idea on colours/flavours/ or what she wanted on top of the cakes.   I decided to decline, as I just felt there was going to be issues there, as she has spoken to other people about getting a 3 tiered cake  ??? It all seemed to airy fairy.....anyway, I have a giant cupcake to make that weekend, and cakes to make for DS presentations...so there was really enough on that weekend.

We have FIL 90th party on this weekend....can't believe we nearly lost him last year....he's a tough old buggar  ;)  bought stuff today to make the table decorations & of course will be making the cupcakes  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10355 on: August 19, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »
Sounds like a great time in Melbourne maddy and yay, you finally said no to something!  I totally agree with your reasoning on that one.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10356 on: August 19, 2013, 02:52:26 pm »
   "NO" isn't easy....but I'm getting better at it  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #10357 on: August 19, 2013, 10:35:57 pm »
Good on you Maddy. You don't need the angst.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #10358 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:34 pm »

Breakfast on the balcony, toast courtesy of Gert. Love the bread Gert, which recipe did you use?
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10359 on: August 19, 2013, 11:21:55 pm »
I'm jealous Maddy,my daughters went to the Perth concert. I will definitely go next time. The hotel looked amazing. We enjoyed the crowne in Adelaide. Did anyone mention we saw Leo Sayer checking in as we checked out.
Good girl, best to be choosy with your cakes. Don't need extra hassle in our lives.  Pick the people who will appreciate your wonderful talent ?
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #10360 on: August 19, 2013, 11:59:46 pm »
I would have loved to see the photo of you and little Leo Bedlam and if MF had taken her shoes off, LOL!  Just a thought. If she had taken the shoes off she could have throw them at Kevin. It might have stopped him from spending more of our great grandchildren's  money.

Debbie another beautiful day for you. Let me know if they have the heater on for the pool. The bread was a lucky dip. A bit of this flour and a bit of that. A bit of Isi's method and a bit of chookies, throw  in a few vintage seeds and I am only glad it turned out eatable.

Just to make you all jealous it is already about 24 and heading for 29 nary a cloud.

Gert

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10361 on: August 20, 2013, 12:21:06 am »
Debbie great to see you arrived and had such a lovely welcome from Gert. you certainly not missing anything in Melbourne weather wise, it's windy, very cold and is going to hail this afternoon. Have a wonderful time.

Maddy I know a lot of people going to Pink and really wish I had of thought to purchase tickets, the concert seemed  amazing. We've stayed at Crown Metropol a few times and it's beautiful, great location and wonderful rooms. We would also love to take the kids there although they are now a bit older and not as blown away by hotel pools as they once were.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10362 on: August 20, 2013, 12:23:37 am »
Yes Gert, I am looking after him.

DH feels heaps better, and I am too, as things can only improve.

Deedub, enjoy Palm Cove, we love it there.
wishing you a warm welcome to Paradise.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #10363 on: August 20, 2013, 01:08:12 am »
Maddy, that sounds like a fantastic time in Melb.  Thanks for the photos.  :)

Deedub, have a great holiday in the sun, quite cold here but at least the rain has stopped, everything is water logged.  ;D

Marie

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #10364 on: August 20, 2013, 07:23:15 am »
How amazing to read of everyone's comings and goings.
Hope you have a lovely hol Deedub. How very kind Gert, but we all know what a wonderfully kind person you are.  ;D

So glad you and DH feeling better Obbie.  :D

Good decision Maddy, and glad you enjoyed the concert.

We finally decided which window company to use and placed order, had the chimney sweep to 3 chimneys, and the Aga has gone away for refurb. It had 1/3 ton of fullers earth inside for insulation. It had to be shovelled out by hand, what a mess!!! When it comes back it will be vermiculite inside. I took pics of how it was and hope we will have proper broadband when it comes back so I can show you pics of b4 and after.

Now training our new cow to come in for food and milking. A two man job. Food in the morning, and food and milking at night. She has her calf on her so only needs one times day milking. I went all over the place yesterday to get parts for the very old milking machine and found a second hand almost new Bosch dishwasher for £80 which we use for washing the milking machine and kit. DH was very chuffed. I came home with bags of dairy cow food, calf dearer, a dishwasher and liners and pipes for the clusters.

Still lovely weather so can be outside doing lots of jobs. Pinning strawberry runners in pots is today's job so they grow into new plants and we can scrap the old ones, the weeds are so bad in the strawberry patch!

I have picked another two lots of blackberries and frozen them this week too. I was tired last night but slept 8 hrs, what a difference that makes! Wish it was every night.