Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124686 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10005 on: July 23, 2013, 02:27:43 am »
.....looking for a phone SIM card, that stupidly Mr. maddy put in work jeans (was his customer contacts when his phone was playing up)....which have all since been through the washer & dryer twice since then  :-))
Hopefully it fell out somewhere  :-X
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10006 on: July 23, 2013, 03:02:29 am »
not much, at work
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #10007 on: July 23, 2013, 03:03:45 am »
Love the photos, ES.  :)

Oh no, Maddy! What a pain.

Just a quiet day at home today - loving the school holidays.  I think we all needed just a boring break - the kids were so overtired at the end of term.  They have moments of being bored (and driving me batty) but mostly having a good time.  ;D  
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10008 on: July 23, 2013, 03:30:47 am »
Oh maddy the traumas you have in your life - hope you find it in one piece.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10009 on: July 23, 2013, 04:54:48 am »
I'm sure you have already checked it Maddy-the filter in the washing machine?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #10010 on: July 23, 2013, 11:05:55 am »
Hi everyone,
  thought I would pop in to let you all know Im still alive and well.
Been busy with my new job, meet some lovely people both clients and other workers. So far Im really enjoying it, the first few days I was really nervous. Especially with one client who is Quadriplegic and her care needs are quiet complex. But Im getting there and enjoying the challenge.
Im currently looking after my best friends son as she is off to hospital in the morning to have a reversal of her colostomy bag. She will be in hospital between 5 and 15 days depending how she goes.
  Saturday we are having a big feast for Christmas in July for my Mum and Dad who missed out at christmas time because of Mums Chemo treatment.
  I have made the christmas pudding, just have to get everything else organized between now and Saturday and working around work as well.
Nothing better than keeping busy :)

Hope everyone is keeping well, I miss not being on here everyday.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10011 on: July 23, 2013, 11:09:30 am »
Glad to hear you are enjoying the job Mandi and life sure must be busy for you.  Pop in when you can, we'll still be here  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #10012 on: July 23, 2013, 11:18:30 am »
Enjoy Christmas in July on Saturday with your Mum and Dad dede.
I hope you all have a wonderful time.
Glad to hear your new job is going well  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10013 on: July 23, 2013, 11:32:50 am »
Hi Dede glad you are enjoying your new job  and are finding it challenging  in a food way. I nursed a male quarplagic  when I did some private nursing . If I can help in any way let me know.

I think it I great your friend is  getting a reversal and am sure it will all go well. Just the sort of surgery I enjoyed as it was  so satisfying personally. Good luck to her.. She has  must be a trooper and deserves a good result.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #10014 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:38 am »
Thanks Judy and MF,
I'm looking forward to the family all getting together and just enjoying each others company while eating ourself silly :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #10015 on: July 23, 2013, 11:40:49 am »
Hi Dede glad you are enjoying your new job  and are finding it challenging  in a food way. I nursed a male quarplagic  when I did some private nursing . If I can help in any way let me know.

I think it I great your friend is  getting a reversal and am sure it will all go well. Just the sort of surgery I enjoyed as it was  so satisfying personally. Good luck to her.. She has  must be a trooper and deserves a good result.

Gert

Thanks Gert, I really appreciate it.  I have found working with this lady very challenging as I haven't had experience with Quadriplegics before now, now I am caring for two, and both are very different to each other. The lady needs a lot of repositioning to make sure she is as comfortable as possible. Im actually about to go and help her into bed shortly.

And my friend is so looking forward to the reversal, although she is so nervous. Its been a very emotional ride for her. I hope it all goes to plan and she will be on the mend in no time.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10016 on: July 23, 2013, 11:57:21 am »

Gert

Thanks Gert, I really appreciate it.  I have found working with this lady very challenging as I haven't had experience with Quadriplegics before now, now I am caring for two, and both are very different to each other. The lady needs a lot of repositioning to make sure she is as comfortable as possible. Im actually about to go and help her into bed shortly.

And my friend is so looking forward to the reversal, although she is so nervous. Its been a very emotional ride for her. I hope it all goes to plan and she will be on the mend in no time.

Patience patience patience. I find with this  type of patient they need to feel in control which may be the only power they have so don't  take the  inevitable repositioning  personally.  Once she learns to trust you  the constant control issue will relax  and you will have a really cool relationship with her and it will be fun. It is the body that won't cooperate not the brain.  The nights are long and lonely for her and pressure sores are her main concern I expect. It will take a few weeks I expect but after that you will both breeze through the routine.  Just ask her and let her know she is in control  and to tell you what she needs .  You will be fine.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10017 on: July 23, 2013, 12:23:31 pm »
Lovely to hear from you dede. Gert they sound like wise words. It is so easy for us when we have elderly parents to care for to barge in and take away their control and independence. Thank goodness Mum and I had a good relationship when she needed the care.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10018 on: July 23, 2013, 12:40:27 pm »
Lovely to hear from you Dede. I have missed you. Enjoy all the challenges this new chapter brings. But especialy enjoy your Christmas Feast, all the more special are ocations like that when there has been hurdles overcome. X
Denise

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10019 on: July 23, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »
Nice to hear from you Dede when you are so busy with work and family.Enjoy your family celebration :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.