Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124744 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #9300 on: June 21, 2013, 01:50:42 am »
Gosh the weather must be bad Jo.
Nikkit that is sad about Singapore. DD was saying last night that the smoke/ smog whatever levels were about double what they should be. So sad for the Scouts.

I am in at the medical research centre again participating in phase 2 of the Beetroot study.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:00:42 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #9301 on: June 21, 2013, 02:55:20 am »
What did you sew Mab19?

I did some hand embroidery on a supper cloth that has been on the go for years.

Normally I would be doing machine sewing on a quilt but haven't been able to use the machine since I got the new computer.  My old software was not compatable with Windows 8 but I have solved the problem now.

My friend worked on her quilt.

We had a fun day with lots of chatter. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #9302 on: June 21, 2013, 03:23:58 am »
Jo, heard about the bad weather in Wellington.  Hope everyone's power is now back on again.  I still remember Wahine Day - that was a truly wild day.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9303 on: June 21, 2013, 03:50:36 am »
can't wait to stay home for the weekend, and cook.

PM is in our little town for the weekend, so expect heaps of Media and Govt heads, and army heads here.
police will be everywhere.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #9304 on: June 21, 2013, 03:53:51 am »
Jo, heard about the bad weather in Wellington.  Hope everyone's power is now back on again.  I still remember Wahine Day - that was a truly wild day.
I heard it described on the radio as the worst here in 40+ years! 
DH went down Petone Esplanade and half the beach is over the wall in the carpark areas (hopefully you know what I'm talking about!).

The wind has settled a bit now, so hopefully the power lines will be getting worked on soon - they were only ensuring safety before, not fixing as it was just too dangerous. Very grateful that our power has stayed on - we have no alternative heating, only heat pumps.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9305 on: June 21, 2013, 06:48:06 am »
Yeah I do know where you are speaking of Jo. I have actually been to Wellington. Once to stay and once to pass through.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9306 on: June 21, 2013, 06:48:39 am »
we have helicopters now.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #9307 on: June 21, 2013, 08:17:25 am »
It's been wet and cold here today, but nothing like Wellington. I've been shopping for a new sewing machine as mine is refusing to do anything other than straight stitching. I started off thinking of getting a second hand machine, but the more I look, the more expensive a machine I want. Spotlight have got a good special on an elina (which is actually a Janome), but I wasn't able to try it. I did get to try a bernette machine at another shop and it has all these cool fancy stitches :-)) it's $140 more expensive, but I will get a couple of lessons on the machine included. Decision, decisions.....
I also managed to do some shoe shopping and bought 2 pairs of boots for less than the pair I bought last week and returned.
Oops, this isn't the shopping thread :o
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9308 on: June 21, 2013, 09:41:27 am »
A good way to sneak in shopping ES for those that are avoiding the shopping thread.  :D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9309 on: June 21, 2013, 10:45:36 am »
Had a good day out, enjoyed seeing GD singing in the grade 3 choir at the concert before visiting her classroom.  Lovely afternoon tea with one of the other Grandma's I meet up with at this time of the year then off I went to Harbour Town - can't resist popping in there as I have to go right past the door.  Visited Geoff before and after my day out and am now sitting in bed with the iPad as we had a power failure at 6.30 pm and it's the best place to be.  I have a fully charged battery so should be able to amuse myself until the problem is fixed by approx. 9 pm.  Was able to find that information out online and let the neighbour know.  Got to love these iPads in this situation, would be pretty boring without it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9310 on: June 21, 2013, 10:54:02 am »
I honestly don't know how I managed before iPad time. DH is always going to it and finding things out. He took it to car club the other day to photograph the chassis of a very old Chevrolet. He and a couple of other members are going to Narrogin next week to try and find one exactly the same. This way they can compare the photos to make sure they get the right one. He doesn't know it yet but he is getting one for his birthday. Then I may get mine back.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #9311 on: June 21, 2013, 10:58:13 am »
Hally, i have just caught up with this thread.  Sorry to hear that your MIL has passed away.  Take care of DH and CP,  also yourself. The disputes are usually due to stress.  Not that this makes it any easier.        I buy all my nuts and spices at Rays Nuts,  which is in Hall St.  This is very close to Puckle St. Moonee Ponds.  There is an excellent Chinese Grocer in Racecourse Rd. Newmarket.  It is near the traffic lights in the center of the shopping strip.  How long are you in Melb. ? Would have loved to have caught up.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9312 on: June 21, 2013, 11:02:12 am »
I am sitting in bed with my iPad in the Kribbitt resting on my knee. Won't move at all. I can reach my glass of white without a spill!

Good move cookie1. He will love it. My DH uses his day and night and since the Kribbitt arrived he is more or less attached to it. No more stupid questions either as he uses Mr Google for the answers.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9313 on: June 21, 2013, 11:05:22 am »
I have a fully charged battery so should be able to amuse myself until the problem is fixed by approx. 9 pm.  Was able to find that information out online and let the neighbour know.  Got to love these iPads in this situation, would be pretty boring without it.

You bet. At least you can use the 3G Judy when you can't use the wifi and you can't use the phone, TV or nothing else!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #9314 on: June 21, 2013, 11:13:09 am »
ES, I will be interested to see what sewing machine you go for. I have a cheapie brother I got years ago to see if I other into sewing. I did but don't know what to go for next. And it still does the job so no major rush...
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.