Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124641 times)

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #9165 on: June 12, 2013, 10:12:20 am »
We have just updated our vehicle, decided we loved the travelling and we plan to get a bigger but not to big caravan, so lots of excitement today, it's now in the garage and only just fits ! time for a nice glass of white wine to relax, driving to Perth tmw

mcmich

« Reply #9166 on: June 12, 2013, 10:26:54 am »
Very swish Rainbow.  :D

Look forward to seeing the new caravan.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9167 on: June 12, 2013, 10:53:05 am »
That is a lovely rainbow. What size van are you thinking of getting?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #9168 on: June 12, 2013, 12:09:11 pm »
We would like a under 20ft van and shower and toilet, we will be in Perth and Mandurah this weekend so will have a look

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #9169 on: June 12, 2013, 12:09:39 pm »
very nice rainbow ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9170 on: June 12, 2013, 12:12:48 pm »
You certainly must have enjoyed your last holiday rainbow to have made up your mind you are going to do more - good on you, lovely vehicle.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #9171 on: June 12, 2013, 12:15:39 pm »
Nice car rainbow. Black is sooo cool.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #9172 on: June 12, 2013, 02:56:54 pm »
So exciting Rainbow and a great way to travel and explore. Love the black car  :D

A busy day here with GK's and my mum but lots of fun. GD 17 was here this morning with friends and GD 18 came for dinner and staying over with friends. Lots of loud music and dancing going on in our theatre room just now but lots of fun. DH just said we have never had quiet here  since we had our first child but he wouldn't want it any other way and I agree!!! It's more peaceful than his snoring  ;D LOL

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9173 on: June 12, 2013, 08:31:24 pm »
We have just updated our vehicle, decided we loved the travelling and we plan to get a bigger but not to big caravan, so lots of excitement today, it's now in the garage and only just fits ! time for a nice glass of white wine to relax, driving to Perth tmw
Very nice motor rainbow.Enjoy your travels in it ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline keeki

• View Profile
« Reply #9174 on: June 12, 2013, 09:13:57 pm »
Glad we had a long weekend but it makes me want one every week! I used to work 4 days but have gone back to 5. I must admit I struggle as we have a business too, so there is always bookwork to do.

Never mind I get all the school hols off so at least I have that to look forward to, one more week and then we are off to Agnes Water for a week. We have a holiday home with some friends and will all be heading up there for a break. I will miss my TM but will be making lots to take away. I did think of taking it but its a long drive and don't want to transport it that far (7 hour drive). So this week I will make some meals, dips, CADA, and whatever else I come up with!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9175 on: June 12, 2013, 09:58:29 pm »
we all seem to be buying new cars.

Lovely Rainbow
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #9176 on: June 12, 2013, 10:32:39 pm »
Must be new car season.  We are loving ours!!  ;D

Keeki, we've had a short week here last week (queen's birthday weekend) and then an extra short week this week with my brother's wedding on Monday and driving home on Tuesday.  I don't know how we are going to make a full week next week!!  :o  ;) 

We went to a basketball game last night (the NZ NBL) and all season DS has been trying to catch one of the balls the mascot throws out into the crowd during timeouts and between quarters.  Some lovely group of adults caught a ball, and must have seen him desperately trying to get one, and since they didn't really want it for themselves they gave it to him.   8)  Very happy boy in this house today!  And happy me too - lovely to see the kindness of strangers in action.

Tonight DS has a school concert for Matariki (Maori new year celebration), so that will be cute!  The sing Te Reo Maori songs, so I'm not convinced he has all the words quite right, but it's a good experience for him. 
Although he apparently isn't that nervous in front of crowds already - he got up at granddad's 90th birthday on Sunday and played his ukulele and sang happy birthday, then got up at my bro's wedding and said a few words and sang a song too!  :o  Very proud mummy and daddy moments!!  ;D
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9177 on: June 13, 2013, 02:03:06 am »
Jo that is so lovely. I can imagine how proud you were.

Rainbow we have an 18 foot, Jayco, pop top with a shower and toilet. DH said he wouldn't want to tow anything much larger. Do let us know what you buy. It is all very exciting.

Keeki, Agnes Waters is so beautiful. How lovely to spend some time up there. Photos please!
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9178 on: June 13, 2013, 02:22:59 am »
New cars, holidays & caravans...I am completely envious!  8)
That's a long way off for us again...Hubby's tractor is having a major operation, it's in 2 pieces at the moment and fortunately for us, it has 2 months warranty left on it's warranty...PHEW!
So naturally, he's just taken off to look at buying another new one  :-)) :-)) :-))

Jo...what a gorgeous DS you have, and so pleased he finally has the holy grail  ;)

We have just had the police ring us, and commend us for contacting 000 over the long weekend.
We were following an erratic driver Sunday night, and were really concerned they were over .05, and were going to cause an accident.
We followed the car, and it was driving like a zigzag over lanes, speeding, then going slow.....they pulled off to the side after we rang 000.
Today they told us the driver had been charged with a DUI, and when they intercepted the driver, they were driving the wrong way, on the 2 lane ring-road, that has a 100km speed limit  :o  Could have been yet another fatal scenario!
We have to give statements this week at the station.

Well, better get some work done...Toodles  :)

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #9179 on: June 13, 2013, 02:50:26 am »
So naturally, he's just taken off to look at buying another new one  :-)) :-)) :-))
Hahaha. Naturally...  ;)

Wow, glad they caught the car/driver before anything too serious happened!

I've been recipe browsing today - got a couple of cookbooks from the library, and also looked through DS's school fundraiser cookbook which is a pretty good one.  I've got a lemon cake baking at the moment  :P
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.