Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124758 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8985 on: June 04, 2013, 10:25:58 am »
You certainly had a crappy day Cookie.Thank goodness your mobile worked and you were able to help the girls.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8986 on: June 04, 2013, 10:27:49 am »
Thank goodness you were able to call for help Cookie - these things are upsetting but those girls must be so grateful to you for your help.  Have a safe trip home  :-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:00:47 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #8987 on: June 04, 2013, 10:42:31 am »
Oh Cookie, so glad you are both okay and I am sure the girls were grateful you were able to assist them.  What a terrible thing to happen.  Take care, safe journey home.  :-*

Marie

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8988 on: June 04, 2013, 10:59:14 am »
Oh cookie how terrible. Lucky for the girls you were there to help. Are you ok? these things can shake you up a bit. Take care and safe trip home.

Oh madly that is scary. There is a bit of this going around atm.  Glad GS is ok.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8989 on: June 04, 2013, 11:19:16 am »
Thank you kind friends. It has shaken me up. All I keep thinking about is that the girls are so far from home and their poor Mums. They were both so brave too. One even apologised when she screamed in pain.
I'm sure I will feel better after a sleep.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #8990 on: June 04, 2013, 11:21:54 am »
Cookie what a fright to come across an accident like that, I would think those girls will never forget you waiting with them until help arrived.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8991 on: June 04, 2013, 11:29:14 am »
oh dear cookie hugs to you and how lucky for the two girls that you and dh were able to be there for them xxx

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #8992 on: June 04, 2013, 11:38:38 am »
Cookie what an awful day for you and your DH.  Those girls are so lucky for all your help, comfort and your mobile phone. 
Rest up and take care xx
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8993 on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:11 am »
Sorry you had to experience that Cookie,  but I bet their mothers and families will be so grateful :) take care yourselves.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #8994 on: June 04, 2013, 12:00:09 pm »
Cookie great that you were there so quickly and able to assist. Take care of yourselves as the shock can really knock you around.

Maddy that's terrible for your godson, we seem to be having a bit of that type of thing happening around our place at the moment and its very scary.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #8995 on: June 04, 2013, 12:07:55 pm »
Ooh cookie, hw awful for you but how lucky you were there. Well done :)

Of course your shaken up, it woud be a shock.
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #8996 on: June 04, 2013, 01:26:49 pm »
Ohhh Cookie, I'm sure I'd be a basket case and useless ! How wonderful of you to stop and help.

Maddy great to hear a neighbour's picking up your GS. What a great outcome ! My son (eldest one is 8) is always saying, why don't you let us walk to school mum ....... ohhh nooo ! 8 is way too young but still, it's so hard to let them grow up but protect them at the same time. I think I was walking to school at his age, so it's hard when they ask.

I spent the afternoon, searching high and low for books for DS8. Does anyone else have boys that are into Andy Griffiths books ? My son was desperate to get 13-storey Treehouse and 26-storey Treehouse and he hasn't put them down since he got them.  There's another one due out in September, 39-Storey Treehouse (so my DS says). He loves reading Andy Griffiths books ! He was into the Zac Power books, and my DS6 is just starting to get into these. Anything to encourage their reading, especially boys !

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #8997 on: June 04, 2013, 02:10:45 pm »
Cookie, you were the two girls' angel. They must have been so scared and lost, having an accident in a foreign country. Thank goodness the world still has kind souls like you. Balances out (a little) of the nastiness out there, like what happened to Maddy's gs.

Take care, and have a safe trip home.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #8998 on: June 04, 2013, 02:15:53 pm »
Debbie, all 3 of my boys love Andy Griffiths. They've gone through his books at one point or another. Was just having a squabble with my littlest man. He used his full strength 8yo pout and upset face - wanted to finish off "The day my bum when psycho" before going to bed.

His latest discovery is Roald Dahl. They are reading his books in class.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8999 on: June 04, 2013, 07:21:57 pm »
I decided today to clean out our potting shed as it was long overdue a clean. :-)) The mice had had an out of control party in there by chewing a hole through a plastic dustbin containing sunflower seeds and gorging on the contents.The dustbin wasn't the only causality as they had eaten a huge hole in two of the corners of the shed. :o :o :o This meant that DH had to do major repairs after I swept and disinfected the shed.It is now clean and tidy ;D
I finally did the ironing as well :D :D :D 
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.