Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6124746 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8280 on: April 24, 2013, 02:08:11 am »
Nikkit, my mum's like that - can't do blood tests, injections, or anything with needles without lying flat down on the bed with her eyes shut for the whole procedure, plus 15 minutes afterwards.

Working at home today with the kids underfoot.  As soon as I finish the wages we are off to the swimming pool though - they desperately need to get out of here (actually, they are happy as, it's me that's ready to go out :-)) )
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8281 on: April 24, 2013, 05:24:06 am »
Nikkit, maybe now she will listen to what people tell her.  Glad you got it off your chest, she deserved that tirade.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #8282 on: April 24, 2013, 06:29:41 am »
Phew, I'm worn out now after swimming with the kids.  Funny how I don't seem to do much actual swimming, but stick feel exhausted. They are off playing beautifully together (touch wood), so getting dinner underway.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #8283 on: April 24, 2013, 10:58:01 am »
Oh nikkit you poor thing. I have only recently graduated from the table to the chair. I blame the nurse who gave me my year 10 rubella booster needle. I fainted from standing upright and came too with the needle still in my arm! It didn't work so had a second go in other arm, ugh. I too am now fine as long as I don't see the needle or the blood. I thought going thru childbirth twice would fix this dilemma, but sadly not. Once a scaredy cat, always a scaredy cat :D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #8284 on: April 24, 2013, 01:56:06 pm »
All this needle talk is making me squirm :P We took Paddy for a vaccination today and as soon as the vet brought the needle out I had to go and stand in the corner so I couldn't see it :-))

After we took Paddy home from the vet, I went for a haircut, did a shift at work, and then baked the second of DB's birthday cakes. Will put them together and decorate tomorrow :)

Suzanne, I hope Lily feels better soon :-* :-*

Jo, what fun ;D ;D

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #8285 on: April 24, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »
I've had a fun/busy 4 hrs Being Tenina's slaves lol doing  dishes chopping slicing and the best bit tasting all her yummy creations for her new book, you are just going to love it. Sorry cant tell you what's in the book.
It was busy but fun, now its time to go back to my real job, I get to sit and recover. Lol

But she came back for more on another day! Bless her…

Love your work Jenny!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #8286 on: April 24, 2013, 11:54:24 pm »
Dj that's all you needed... Hope you recover quickly and get some much needed relief soon... So hard .. Thinking of you every day xx

The kids loved every time I found one of their boxes with toys in them... They went crazy .. Dd has just emptied all of hers on the floor so very much in need of some furniture to put it all away in.. Will try today ...stuff everywhere!! At least ds toys and clothes are now all clean and put away!!

Frozzie, toys drive me mad in our house too.  The best thing we've found for storing toys and books is the expedit cube storage units from Ikea. We put baskets in some holes, books in others, and bigger toys in others. At  least it's some sort of organisation for what would otherwise be an utter mess ! I didn't buy the baskets from Ikea though, the Reject shop ($2 shop) had much stronger wire reinforced baskets cheaper.  I'm about to get another 8 cube one for my Ds's room and lay it down so he can put a TV on top of it.  They're a great idea if this is of any help to you.

Just saw this.. Funnily thats exactly what we got but got boxes from ikea too.. As we are renting didnt want to spend a fortune and the towers were perfect.. One is upright as a bookcase and the other is lying down along bottom of windows with boxes in as storage with toys.. You can fit alot in those boxes :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #8287 on: April 25, 2013, 01:14:54 am »
I know it isn't nice - but it is good to hear that I am not the only one who is a right chicken when it comes to needles.

Judy I didn't mean to swear at the lady when I came too, but my mouth spoke before my brain engaged 1st gear, which I know is not always right, but it happens. And yes I hope she listens to people in future too!

I know what you mean Kimmy - 4 kids for me - I thought I'd be right, but I think my last precious bundle (who was born too early and didn't make it) was the end of me with needles etc. It wasn't pretty and I'm lucky I am here. I figure I have a good excuse not to like them! 

I can't even give my horses injections, not happily anyway.  My vet thinks it is hilarious! I did have to give a course of anti-biotics to my old horse once, took 5 days.... It was not good. I would try and be brave, but I would be a shaky mess by the time I got to the horse yards (50m away), almost crying. It is pretty hard to get the end cap off the needle when you have the shakes, and not stick yourself at the same time. Add that to catching a horse who hates needles too, steadying him, rubbing his chest, dry retching, shaking, stick the needle in, dry retch again, hit a bleeder - oh no! Pull out the needle, dry retch, shake a bit more, have another go, attach the syringe, push plunger, dry retch, pull it all out, try and find the end cap for the needle and put it on so I don't stick myself (not too sure if you can catch anything from horses...) and finally dry retch again!
My Miss 16 helped me one morning and was crying...with laughter. :o I was just plain crying.

And this was another time when those big girl panties were down right useless! Wonder if I can return them and get a refund?  ??? ;D

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8288 on: April 25, 2013, 04:06:28 am »
Oh Nikkit I am sorry to read you last precious bundle didn't make it.  :'( :'(

As for needles, they don't worry me a bit when it is me, but hate watching when the kids get theirs done  :-))  But (LOL) my DH can't cope with injections at all, he has to lie down! I find it hilarious - this big tough bloke and a tiny little needle!!!  :D :D  The docs etc were worried how he would cope watching me give birth (I was too) but surprisingly, he has been fine at the birthing part - tho not so fine when they were jabbing needles into me for blood tests etc!! He has the bed then!!!  :-))  ;D

Busy this week and next - trying to spend time making these school holidays really special for the girls - going out, doing craft and cooking etc - as next hols all being well I will have a brand new baby...... :D
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #8289 on: April 25, 2013, 04:32:20 am »
cleaned out the kids rooms, clothes they have grown out of to give away.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #8290 on: April 25, 2013, 07:03:00 am »
Went to Dawn Service at Toronto, then the 10.30 Service and march at Wangi and just back from 2pm Service at Rathmines.
We are so privileged to live in Australia.  :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #8291 on: April 25, 2013, 07:30:13 am »
Busy this week and next - trying to spend time making these school holidays really special for the girls - going out, doing craft and cooking etc - as next hols all being well I will have a brand new baby...... :D

I can't wait ;D ;D ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8292 on: April 25, 2013, 08:01:24 am »
Nikkit a hug for you over your last little bundle.

I think you need to take up writing. Your posts give me a really good chuckle.. I'm lucky I can cope with needles but  I wasn't the best when DD was a baby and had to have hers.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8293 on: April 25, 2013, 08:30:07 am »

I can't wait ;D ;D ;D

Neither .... tho a bit scarey to think we are at the end of April already!! If may and June go this fast I'll be having it before I even know what I am up to!!!!!  :-))  :D
:D

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #8294 on: April 25, 2013, 01:15:33 pm »
Hugs nikkit. Very sad but thanks for sharing the good and the bad. Your stories make me laugh and cry.  Don't think they give refunds on big girl pants. Maybe give them to the horse!